Returning player huge problems

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Godtr0n, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Godtr0n Active Player

I felt the need to come on and what would appear to be some pretty major issues with the game after taking a good while out and coming back to see what the new changes are like.

To begin me and my better half both play the game on two separate Nintendo Switches in TV mode together mainly. We have issues with crashing and load screens in the past. The load screens seems to be fixed, but still experience many daily crashes each and with other players in groups on the Nintendo Switch its just a part of daily life everyone has come to accept.

However, upon return recently to check out all the big new changes (most of which are pretty cool and definitely improvements) performance wise the game runs extremely poorly you could even say that the game barely runs at all. The Flashpoint episode lags so badly it is barely playable, as do many alerts and raids. You cannot see the enemy moving, you cannot use skills, and then you instantly die without knowing what even happened is usually the case.

Top top it off, our audio is non existent a lot of time. We literally have no sound about 50% of the time we play.

As well as this EVERY time we both log in or even swap character without actually quitting out of the game, we are asked to calibrate the screen size with the yellow box, and then upon entering the game ALL settings, audio, gameplay, video, chat, etc. are reset to default so need to be readjusted every login.

As well as this EVERY menu like inventory, styles, fortification, augments, etc. give us tutorial tool-tips which we must click through in sequence sometimes 3 or 4 tool-tips that show us how to equip an item, or how to fortify an artifact or an augment. EVERY time we swap character or log into the game.

There does not appear to be any actual way to stop this from happening on our end. Please fix this as it is honestly ridiculous. These aren't even issues we used to have when the game performed poorly already. It is as if all these great changes have been made but that the overall game has become significantly less bearable to play due to terrible decreased performance and unbearable repetitive UI fiddling.

We really want to enjoy the game but the game itself appears to try very hard to stop us.
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m on the PS side so I can’t say to much about the switch. But we don’t have any major lag or issues there outside of a few places or when there’s an actual issue with the game. Last week or so the servers had major issues for hours. Maybe that’s when you logged in during that time or was is more recently? Maybe it’s a common issue on the switch servers. If it is than you’re right and hope it gets taken care off soon. And other switch players could verify this? But just in case I’d recommend testing your internet to make sure it’s running smoothly.
    • Like x 1
  3. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

It is just the Switch hardware. All Raids, especially add heavy ones like Atlantis Throne have lag spikes that lasts several seconds.

The random crashes are on all platforms, except Atlantis not being a crash fest on PS.

I fix the sound by Disconnect, close game, open game again, every time I switch Toons. Annoying but it works for me.

I've only had the same tooltips once per Toon and my setting remember what they're set on. Bummer for you guys :(
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  5. Godtr0n Active Player

All the players on the server are experiencing it. I guess the solution to our problem may be to accept it will never improve and to buy two new PS instead and start from the ground up and reinvest in two new accounts there. It at least would be an improvement.

I am hoping maybe someone can share any information on how to fix the eternal tutorial for us both as that part seems like it may not be effecting everyone but baffles me and is really impacting on our enjoyment of the game having to keep fixing our settings every time we switch characters or dare I say it crash (lots).

I know the Switch hardware is poor but the same raids such as Atlantis etc. did not use to lag the same way as they do now. I experience these spikes in open world and alerts as well.

When we used to fight Validus with about 30 people that was when you really saw the actual Switch hardware stoke out. I honestly though my Switch was going to fry a few times because the screen was tearing and flickering when it couldn't handle it. This lag however is not the same as that. These appear to be continuous lagspikes we experience in game now.

I also do a lot of online gaming on the PC using the same connection and my connection is fine. I also play using ethernet cable and docked 100% of the time.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thank you for correcting me. That is unfortunate that the switch servers have so much stability issues. Yes the disconnect on loading screens is unfortunately across all platforms which I had commented on multiple times. Hope these issues get resolved soon.
  7. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well ****, seems my website went down. Let me get that fixed thanks lol
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Atlantis has crashed me most of the time. I just don't go back there.

It is not the hardware for the recent problems, but the optimization to the switch. It wasn't this bad before. Mepps confirmed there are problems they are looking into.

To be honest, though, the switch population is more of concern for me. It definitely is difficult to find players on during off peak hours. Though, new content has helped spark it, definitely still a struggle.
    • Like x 1
  10. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

No problem, just felt I should let you know just to prevent a potential problem for you or anyone else later.
    • Like x 1
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

your first problem is your playing on the switch and sounds like two people on one?

that's possible on switch?

even if im reading that part wrong, switch just isn't that powerful you might as well be trying to still play this game on PS3
  12. Godtr0n Active Player

You are reading that wrong.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I don't understand why people keep trying to say the switch isn't that powerful?! It's not the dang PS3, which it ran on for 5 years. It's the optimization. The switch is more than enough to handle dcuo, which can run on a toaster PC.
  14. Godtr0n Active Player

The game is barely playable due to lag. Its beyond a joke. Alerts and Raids are literal slideshows. Its more like reading scenes in an actual comic than a moving image.