Lets be clear because its "important" ? (devs)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jolaksi, Jan 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Oh well, I guess I have nothing to do or worry about then. :)
  2. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I understand all of that, I even said in my post it only happened if you are at the ready to breakthrough point.

I'm worried because I know have toons with artifacts ready to breakthrough and it is possible that I happened to log in at the specific time the bug was active and they might have had their artifacts breakthrough without my knowledge.

This means that if I utilize this bonus week, and I don't know that bug happened on that specific toon, they will have their artifacts reset back at a later time.

I don't really mind if they get reset back if the bug happened on them, but I don't want to risk a bunch of seals and catalyst and then everything gets reset for something I had no idea even happened on my account.
    • Like x 1
  3. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I would not take part in any exploit whatsoever, heck I reported a $400 MP bug that happened on my account that I very easily could have kept.

So I am not worried about being banned in the slightest, I'm worried that I may have logged in during that time frame on toons that met the specifics needed for that bug to apply to them.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Again, you could just feed them a ton of XP to where you want them to be at and wait until after it gets resolved. If they were still at the breakthrough part and you haven't touched them for a long time, you have nothing to worry about. The dlc launched on the 9th and I think the breakthrough bug happened a couple of days after that. You say you log in and grab the mark and log out. So unless you were fortifying like a mad dog on every character you have, I don't think you have anything to worry about at all. No XP will be loss and you can just hold onto the breakthrough materials until after the fix. (Seals and catalysts.)
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, if it looked like you cheated on purpose I'd guess we wouldn't be discussing things now as you'd be suspended or banned. I didn't even know about this other thing (and don't think I was affected) so yeah...I could be in the same boat. I don't know how they'd 'know' who did something on purpose or on accident, but it is what it is. Again, it sounds like the best chance for NOT accidentally having an issue is to either A) only work on artis that are still at the breakthrough level (meaning they did NOT auto level) or B) only feed XP to artis, and overlevel to take advantage of the 2x....but don't break through till after an all clear is sounded. Sucks if you had a 19, 39, 59 or whatever you MIGHT have wanted to level up this week, but honestly the last 2x wasn't that long ago...I'd guess many people emptied the coffers and got where they wanted last go-round.

I guess C is to just avoid it this week completely, but that seems to be the worst of the options.

Just to be clear....I don't agree with the 2x week being put out there when this is still an issue....or that the issue even still exists and MIGHT get someone's artis rolled back (meaning maybe a loss of real world money spent this week), but now that I know it IS an issue and I COULD be at risk without my knowledge, I'll take that for what it's worth and maybe the best course...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I'm a little unsure too.

So if we weren't suspended or banned, didn't do any breakthroughs, and only used the correct items to artifact experience we should be ok?
  7. BumblingB I got better.

They are two different bugs. One was exploited the other was just a happened chance that only a small few experienced.

You definitely would know if you experienced the exploitable bug. Your fortification window would show all items as feed. Most being 0XP. I've seen screenshots that Chill posted as well as a leaguemate that saw the bug and logged out when he got it.

This one was, one morning, during a small window, if you logged in and had items at the breakthrough part of fortification, it would go through automatically. So, as an example, OP item was at rank 29 breakthrough, it would be at 30. No feat. Just 30. I didn't experience this bug, because none of my artifacts that were at breakthrough points were done. I also didn't log in until later that day. I do have a leaguemate who did have his OP items breakthrough and no feat attached.
    • Like x 1
  8. sharpy36 Active Player

This happened for my OP neck. Please don't forget to fix the neck feat while you're dealing with the artifacts.
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Thanks!

Hmm... guess we'll have to see how it all shakes out.
  10. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I haven't fortified anything since the last double event. But I assumed this bug broke you through your artifacts if you happened to log in within the time it was active and you had artifacts at the ready to break through point. I know had artifacts at that point, and it is very possible that I logged in during that time frame.

So if that is how the bug works, it is very possible that bug occurred on some of my toons without me even knowing it happened.

IDK, thanks for all the info though. I think I will just skip this week completely as I don't want to risk losing a bunch of progress for something I had no idea even happened on my account.
  11. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yeah I agree, and unfortunately I think I am going to have to just stick with option C just to avoid any potential loss in progress, seals, cats.
    • Like x 1
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

New favorite word!
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

I was not expecting a Bonus Artifact XP week so soon. I heard about the experience glitch but was not aware of the auto breakthrough until today. I was in the midst of trying a few different art builds from the last bonus week so I'm not sure if any of my arts were broken through during that window. If I level my artifacts this week and there is a roll back, will you be able to detect all my failed attempts and return all my catalysts and seals? There are only 5 slots so I can't stash enough XP to rank 200.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...can still do a massive XP dump in the arti of your choice and just sit on the breakthroughs.....not a total waste and no chance for loss as any roll back sounds like it would NOT involve the XP....just the actual breakthroughs.

But yeah...C is safest...even if its the most boring.
  15. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Well like I said, I probably have a lot of artifacts at the ready to breakthrough level. So I can't really dump XP into them without breaking them through and potentially losing stuff if things get reset. So I will just wait it out until this all gets resolved.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats fine and makes sense
    Something to consider…… most players are not on the forum reading this and getting this advice. Most are t gonna know and when you roll it back, they r gonna lose catalysts.
    At some point are y’all start communicating these things w/ALL players (i.e. in game where they will ALL see it)?
    I mean, if i had used catalysts not knowing any of this was go na happen and you roll it back and dont refund my catalysts/seals, we’d have a prob (a big one) because those in game and not here wont know this and if they purchased the cats an seals and you arbitrarily delete them, thats pretty dirty no matter what issue ur tryin to solve my friend
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey, genuine question on this....from what you've seen, the 'issue' affected artifacts that would have been on the fortify screen during the wacky period. So only artis that would have been on the toon...not the bank. And any one that 'could' have upgraded would have upgraded IF the issue happened?

The reason I ask is because I normally keep a LOT of artis at breakthrough level (for unstable UCOS drops). I have a few I'm not sure if they popped or not, but on the same toon have another that is NOT broke through....as long as they are on my toon, if it happened on one, it would have happened to both...I'm assuming.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you experienced the thing where you logged in and your artifacts had broken through on their own - nothing to worry about. Continue to play as you like.

If you have phony XP in your artifacts - accidentally, on purpose, whatever - that XP is going to be removed and you could lose a breakthrough rank. If you have 50k fake XP in your artifact, that will be deducted Soon, and if that drops you below a breakthrough rank you will lose that breakthrough.

I should note that we're still sorting through what to do exactly and this is the best information I have. If you are still confused or still unsure, it is probably best to just sit this one out. There will be more bonus weeks.
    • Like x 12
  19. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Well I know for a fact I did not put any phony XP into any of my artifacts, but I may have logged in with toons that had artifacts at the "ready to breakthrough" point within the timeframe the bug was active.

So, if one of my toons had their artifacts breakthrough because they met the specifics needed for the bug, will they have their artifacts reverted?
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I would recommend if you have any worries about it at all, then don't do it. I wouldn't take the risk.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.