Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

For all of you saying im so such a "dictator". Kinda flies in the face of my actual views. Youre used to having the absolute freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want, without consequence. But im saying you cant have that when you have to consider for everyone. Not merely the small minority of forum users here. Not for your small echo chamber. I didn't say i don't understand why you want it. But it isn't good for the health of the game or the general community.
    [IMG]

Of course i look like a dictator to someone whos used to a "laissez faire" approach to everything.

Unfettered freedom is a myth. It is an illusion created by vested interests for their own selfish gains. It cannot sustain, as unregulated freedom is a recipe for total disaster. Those who demand it are either totally ignorant or have hidden motives. There is no absolute freedom of expression anywhere in the world.
    ~Dr Sunil Gupta
    • Like x 1
  2. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I have no idea what Mepps said because I've never seen any of his replies (at least since I've been here) specific to the stat clamp. And unless you have a source or a quote from him, which I would definitely appreciate, I couldn't just take your word for it. So far, I don't think that the clamp is working as well as the devs hoped it would and I would love to see the data on that especially in comparison to pre-clamp. And nothing is ever permanent either so don't say with such certainty that the stat clamp in its current version is end all be all.

Regardless of what Mepps said or didn't, it doesn't change the fact that I and many others want the stat clamp to at least be optional for older, out-dated content.
    • Like x 2
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Is it though? Or at least here to stay with no option?

I don't think they'd be surveying people on their feelings on the clamp if it were a done deal.
    • Like x 5
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Smh I guess I got nothing better to do. Welp here’s me digging through so many threads and pages to find his replies just to make a point. Before I answer you on your last sentence I’ll ask you this. What incentive are you getting for running older-outdated content if there are no rewards attached to it?
    They are always listening to feedback regardless how things are or are going to be. There’s discussions about having the option but this is where it keeps going back and forth. Why should end game players need to even run older content? There’s others saying that it’s taking forever to que up in older content. In order to make ques go faster they gave us source marks on all older content and the ability to run them unlimited which is why FOS3 has been doing when it was double source marks. It takes literally around 5 minutes. You guys want the option to not be clamped in older content so what incentive are you getting if there are no rewards?
    • Like x 1
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Tldr

You keep saying it's a done deal when that's clearly not the case.
    • Like x 3
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Did you even read? I asked you a genuine question and you ignored it. It’s okay if you can’t give me a response to the question I asked you.
    • Like x 1
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Glanced over & realized it's been asked and answered literally dozens of times in this thread alone. Let's not waste each other's time with redundancies.
    • Like x 4
  8. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Nah, don't take the trouble to find it. Besides, the stat clamp is a really hot issue so I'm sure he'll chime in soon enough.

I wouldn't call it incentive actually just wanting to play DCUO at my own pace and taking what it has to offer on my own terms.
    I just want to get through the older content for the following reasons:

1) I did most of the earlier stuff when I played from beta on PS3 through 2013 when I quit. I don't want to run it again when I did it enough times when it was the current content.
    2) For the episodes that I've missed I want to enjoy the storylines, the voice acting, and the stuff that comes with it. I don't know every single DC comic storyline but I've always been a fan of the various DC animated series. Having the VAs in the game was a huge sell for me when DCUO was first announced. I'd rather just get through all of it at my own pace and not have to deal with others in this capacity.
    3) I want to collect whatever I can from investigations, briefings, collections and any styles from treasure chests -kryptonian flexsuit is a great example. I don't want the pressure of having to do with with others and wasting their time or mine just for a shot at a super rare item.
    4) To get whatever feats I can.

Now, before you try to point out that this is an MMO, I am very much aware of that, I understand the concept in every aspect. I run plenty of end-game raids, alerts, and duos with others but there's nothing wrong with me wanting to play this game solo. Most of the popular MMOs today have plenty of soloability and to a small extent DCUO does too, but there are areas it can definitely be better in regarding this.

I'm end game because that's where the progression took me. I went from new toon to level 30, geared up running solos, then skipped the middle content (Titans, Atlantis, Metal, etc) because I was too weak and no one else was running it when I was trying to so as soon as I was able to gear-wise, I focused on episodes 38, 39, and 40. Besides, the augments for each episode was just clutter and trying to level them for the content was a pain in the hindquarters. So I just focused on what was interesting to me and stuck with that.

Pro-clamp people keep bringing up source marks. I don't care about source marks and that's not something I'm interested in. I just want to run the older, out-dated, non-populated content for the reasons I've listed above. Why does it matter that I want to play this game differently than someone who thinks it has to be played a certain way? Why should I as a paying player with a membership accept that?
    • Like x 6
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

I could say the same about your opinion but you always pitch is as fact ya know...
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

How did it rob them of something they never had?

Was i robbed of an experience when i joined after the addition of a megaserver since i never got to experience what it was like to be on one of the many servers like the"Killing Joke" server?

No, because it was gone before i ever downloaded the game. I cannot miss what i never had.
    • Like x 3
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

2 paragraphs is too long? I went through 16 pages of replies of you and Catastroflare and you cant make it through 2 paragraphs because its "too long":rolleyes:

Man i know Mepps got stories to tell about the bullcrap we spout when he goes home.
    • Like x 2
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

tldr
    • Like x 3
  13. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I think you get the point that 9001BPM is trying to make. I understand exactly what he means and though there is some validity to the idea that you or me (in general) can't know what you don't know, it's still true as many people, both new and seasoned, have already mentioned they stay away from clamped content for a variety of different reasons which are mainly deterrents to them. They want to play the older content but don't (for a variety of reasons) so they miss out on experiencing it. Now, you may not agree that their reasons not to do clamped content is viable but that's not up to you to look at in an objective way; that's up to each player and how they approach the game.
    • Like x 5
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Too bad I already took the trouble in going through many pages of threads.

http://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcu...lamp-is-dogwater-and-an-failure.319317/page-4

If you scroll down you will see Mepps talking about the positivity of stat clamp. While I go back to finding more responses from him pertaining to stats clamp I’ll take the liberty to first take care of your comment. Let me know if I left out anything from your response.

1. You missed out on a lot of stuff some good some bad such as Amazing Mechanics, stat clamp was also here before. You might have also missed the opportunity to go on test server and test out the stats clamp. I know I was and gave my feedback and this was pertaining to tanking older content.

2. You keep saying “me”, “my own pace” “I want”. No disrespect but does that sound like self entitlement? I like doing things on my own and at my own pace as well which is why I’m a battle-tank. I can’t rely on anyone but myself and everyone has their own schedule that might not always work for you. However, when it comes down to group content such as alerts and raids and I experienced this before. I came across speed hackers, it completely destroyed some of the new players by not allowing them to properly enjoy that instance because those hackers just one shotted everything. This is the same before stats clamp. I didn’t mind it because I had already properly experience all those instances but it’s not fair to those who haven’t.

3. There was never any issues in getting briefings and investigations because you can go get them after the raid is finished or just take your time in getting them.

4. “To get whatever feats I can” source marks let’s you complete styles from vendors which gives you feats. Are you against that? Because your response is confusing me. Tier pets and Allie’s require source marks and they are costly but they also can contain feats in them and make you stronger. I would advise you to not disregard source marks lol
    • Like x 3
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Seems counter productive when youre on a forum, when the only comments you have the urge to read through and respond seriously to are only the ones you agree with.

Im starting to get the feeling you arnt on this forum in good faith.
    • Like x 2
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Nah, your posts are uniformly tedious and redundant. No need to give your bizarre ramblings any more energy.
    • Like x 5
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Please enlighten me in the response to that question. I would like to read such comment to better get the perspective of anti-clamp players.
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Just read the thread.
  19. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Thanks for taking the time to find this and I think I read most of his replies. And I do remember that thread now that I saw it. And I still pretty much think the same way when I posted in it too.

Now, looking at Mepps' comments he's basically only got one position and that's to support the stat clamp 100% -totally expected. Anything less and it'd be like admitting defeat and that they were wrong. His response is definitely the "glass half full" perspective and I'm guessing he's got the data to back up such a broad statement (everyone?) but like I said before I'd love to see the numbers related to the stat clamp and know for sure that the stat clamp is more successful than it seems.

I'm on console and don't have access to the test server unfortunately so that isn't an option for me.

Entitlement or not, DCUO is service in a sense and I am the paying customer who does not have sky-high expectations either. I don't believe that I need to be right but I at least believe that I need to be fairly served. And not in like a pampered way of course. My approach to this game is predominantly skewed towards playing solo. I don't think that's bad or wrong; it just might be different that what was originally intended for the game in certain aspects. Granted, there is plenty I can do solo, but shutting out a significant portion of the game that at one point was available unclamped, feels like a disservice in my opinion. And I'm not the only one who thinks this way either.

Why do I have to redo raids and alerts I've done dozens of times before just because I'm new or returning from scratch? Why do I have to waste time running content I've done so often I could do with one hand just to get a few collections? How, as a player, is this good and respectable use of my time?

I think you misunderstood me and it's my fault for not writing what I mean more clearly. I understand the significance of source marks but it's not something that drives me to do content -not at all. I take advantage of it when I can but I have other priorities when I play. That can change in time but for now, I'd rather spend my time doing something else than mindlessly farming for source marks. I'm glad that others may find enjoyment and satisfaction in that but not me.
    • Like x 6
  20. Dene Devoted Player

I know I should not assume but in this case I think the below is pretty accurate:

If stat clamp becomes choice based & the rewards given are altered to equal the choice you make, my guess is that the unclamped content will give little to no source marks and that would mean very few would run it as it poses little to no benefit.

Some will say feats.. most feats (speed ones are the exception and totally doable even clamped) need people to slow down, do mechanics, communicate etc anyway

Some will say styles.. all of these styles are available much easier than they ever were, either through source marks or other content anyway.

Some will say briefings etc - honestly ,if you don't have those, you have not run that raid you need that stuff from very often and therefore can't complain it is "boring" etc

Therefore, taking all of the above, you have that choice now because they would probably not replace it with some magic way to get source marks - don't want the source marks? Then hide the missions, don't run that stuff and keep playing the game as you wish.

If you want the choice then why would you run old stuff ever? And isn't that the goal? To get us to run older stuff ?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.