Suggestion to correct Imbalance: Shield of 7 or 8 people, Nature and Sorcery

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by AGGUSTEN, Jan 3, 2022.

1. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

As the game continues to improve in terms of balance of powers, the imbalance these healing powers have with respect to all the others is striking. We all really know the conditions they are in with respect to the other shields of healers, a very noticeable difference if we compare it with, for example, water, the current prodigy power.

• My idea that I want to convey is that it is not necessary to manufacture any new power, it is simpler, it is to take an existing one that can work and give it the ability to protect 7 or 8 people. An Example clear as water, of which it may be the most prone to change in the case of nature, is the initulizable and useless plant circle attack (Thorn Burst) which has the appearance of being a perfect semi-solid shield,
    [IMG]

This is the ideal in my opinion to give it the ability to cover 8 people for 2 reasons: Practically nobody uses it, nobody will miss a change, only in some rare melee rotations it is implemented, several times for more aesthetic reasons, but really it is a forgotten power. 2: You already have the necessary graphics, there is nothing new to add to it, it is perfect for a semi solid shield. Just give it the mechanics so that it spreads to the other players, just that.

Sorcery, apparently, likes the supercharge with shields better from what I hear (comment if you are a sorcery healer, where you would like to see that shield for 7 or 8 men)

Well, this has been my grain of sand, in another attempt to open the thread and manage to adjust the imbalance that these 2 powers have.
    [IMG]
  2. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

postscript: If this were up for a vote or poll, I'm sure no one would miss swapping the dog shape for an 8 or 7 shield, in the case of nature
  3. Henoshock Well-Known Player

IMO Nature just needs a better single target burst option... not really into using Orb of Arion.
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I have played every healing power, and in terms of enjoyment, healing options, shielding, raw strength (at healing) I've never touched nature again.
    Shield was hardly visible, I don't recall an 8 man shield, and it's burst heals (or lack thereof) was just too weak in my opinion. Heal over time for days, but I didn't feel interactive enough with it. Personally, I would like to see nature healing get a bit better. In the last couple months I've been back, I haven't crossed paths with one nature healer at all.
    • Like x 2
  5. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

Absolutely!, one of nature's greatest weaknesses is blast healing and strong healing, the invisible shield is literal, you can't see it... I think it's time to balance it with the shield of 8 people because besides the fact that all the new powers have it except these 2 old powers, at least it could guarantee a period of time for the little heals to come... and that they won't be erased in moments, I wouldn't even use it as a shield as such, like it the other healing powers do, I would use it to make the healing system work and be able to see the health bar go up, like a normal power, without it being too late:oops:
    • Like x 2
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

That was one thing I didn't like about nature, it wasn't "responsive" enough. I really enjoyed sorcery healing (and might toy with it again), especially the versatility of it: having a tank pet for alerts, or healing pet, even no pet, there were at least options. Celestial has big bursts and really powerful heal over time(s). Water even has a lot of versatility, 2 pools, two shields (not SC), 8 man heal (with hot option), nice 4 man burst and an attack that heals. Electric has really nice bursts and a lasting hot. I always felt like nature was just a bit behind the curve.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Bursting is a bitter harder yes, but with the priority heal healing everyone with pheromones, it’s easy to burst everyone back to full by clipping flourish with the priority heal. Often times I’ll get rid of the shield entirely and replace it with bloom, because even though you don’t get extra pheromones because of savage growth, bloom bursts for a lot and you can jump out of it if need be. I tend to not need the shield in most content unless I’m doing elites. Cross pollination does great as well in places where the group has to remain close together, like the safe zones in this new raid.

I feel like nature is the type of power that if it suits your playstyles you will excel with it, and if it doesn’t you will hate it. Not too much of an in between. I’d like to see nature get an 8-man shield, however what I really think it needs is a buff to its heal supercharge or a new one entirely, and to bring bug form back down to a 25%, but just increase the cooldown so it can’t be spammed like it was before. Just my opinion though
    • Like x 2
  8. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Arbiter is such a good supercharge that I don’t think I’d want an 8 man shield as a supercharge, but that’s just me personally. I think priority should go to balancing pets, because I don’t think an 8 man shield would technically even be necessary if pets were made to be more efficient. It would be nice to have though.
    • Like x 2
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Sorcery has an 8man Shield SC. So idk what the 2nd power is you talking about.
    • Like x 1
  10. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I think this is something they either haven't thought about or don't want to touch it and leave it as is . Sorcery got a nice buff with there healing circle to come in line with waters healing pools. This has been asked for a few years now and nature still hasn't gotten a 8 man shield .
  11. Mr.W Committed Player

Sorc has an 8 man shield already but they turned it into a 10k so its very impractical. I would rather it's bulk of healing abilities converted to target teammates regardless distance rather than in AOE fashion.

Example instead of dropping shard of life on the tank, it would be cool if healing crystals erected at each players feet. If the animation is too much work, then letting one rock fall on each player is fine too lol. Another is if soul siphon could rip a portion of the boss & adds health & apply it as a 8man whole room hot.

I know purple ray is a thing but it would still be nice if the power itself could do this well too so purple ray is a great enhancement rather than necessity.
  12. IonHero Committed Player

Not sure if it ever got fixed, but I found that with Sorcery Shields (which normally appear as a red bubble around characters) can instead appear as low res faint runes (usually in raid groups), which can become near impossible to see especially if trying to judge if other characters still have it applied. (would love a buff/shield indicator symbol for group members.)
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I haven’t used sorcerys 8 man in a long time but doesn’t it give a pot instead of a hot? Change that and make it a 5k and I’d be happy. No reason bay form (which I despise for too many reasons) needs to be the only 5k healer choice. I personally rarely even run a shield on my sorcery toon anymore since I need slots for supers for greenies but if they come out with an artifact that changes 4 mans to 8 man, I’d rock it vs orb in my solo healer loadout.

Water does have the 8 man but remember it is only a short mitigation shield. It isn’t great but I do have a dom heavy healer alt that runs it and with it, only need to use 1 puddle vs stacking them. So that way she can also run 2 supers for EoG. Shields are nice and all but you really can just run priority, group, and a pancake or whatever hot if you’re running page/phr/EoG and solo heal end game in a smart group.
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea speak for your self there buddy Thorn burst is great
    they can always just add another icon and power way simpler that changing a current one or just make swarm shield which already exist cover more people. Personally I would say the powers are fine as is,
    we don't want them all to be the same just different colors
    • Like x 1
  15. Dene Devoted Player

Elec has had same issue for ages - shield only appears in Duos & Alerts - it is invisible in raids