Potential of Adaptive Augments (EEG Elite)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, Jan 4, 2022.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’ve mentioned concerns about lack of growth and progression in EEG Elite, but what about viable solutions? There may be an obvious one that would use existing resources, cost little to enable and encourage more play of older content - Adaptive Augments.

As it is now, adaptive augments are leveled during the life of a specific episode; and with each breakthrough, the adaptive augments offer bonuses and mitigations that affect how you play that episode. Why does it have to end with the life of that episode? Why not add new “elite content only” ranks with new benefits as the episode augments fall into EEG? Rank 30? Rank 40? Rank 50?

The idea would only allow the use of these benefits in EEG elite; and as the episode gets older with more ranks unlocking, you gain more advantage if you seek out the exobytes and catalysts and level the adaptive augments. It would give value to these materials dropping in older content and open worlds (like bounty runs) which could increase activity. It would give increased use of seals. And if you’re so good that you don’t need the help? Well, you get to save a lot of time and effort.

As for what advantage? No need to reinvent the wheel for each episode. One breakthrough could give a episode specific 5% buff to your character in only EEG elite. The next a 10%. Etc. It would need to be worth it in the long run, though - or why give the effort to level them?

The reason I’m looking for pre-clamp style help for EEG elite feats is because I’m seeking something to do - to keep me playing. Leveling adaptive augments would be something else to do while working toward those EEG elite goals. You would need the specific catalysts for each related episode - there would be value in playing them all beyond source marks. And wasn’t that the point? To get people to play more older content?
    • Like x 6
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

So you want to lessen the difficulty of old elites with extra levels to augments?
    • Like x 1
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

You don’t even play them. You said that the last time we talked about this months ago.
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

No, it's pretty self-evident he wants a reason for more people to want to do them and for people to want to continue to do them for longer periods once the next DLC comes out (and after).
    • Like x 2
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

To add to my original post, this could possibly extend off the programming code that already differentiates between end game adaptive augment exobytes and EEG adaptive augment exobytes. So some work toward the idea may already be in place.

In any case, nothing incredibly new here. Artifacts make content easier and can be leveled by playing the game or spending money. Allies make content easier and can be leveled by playing the game or spending money. Adaptive Augments (as they are now) make content easier and can be leveled by playing the game or spending money.

So it just depends on what the company’s goals are. Would they like to give players a reason to play the game more plus the opportunity to make the company money? The continuation of Adaptive Augments for EEG elite can do that consistent with the company’s previous actions in game.
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I think you have me confused with someone else. Either way, what does this have to do with your idea?
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...d-the-wrong-system.316997/page-3#post-4422122

My point is that you enter these discussions to debate and color issues you’re not even interested in - your goal is just to confront the person who said it.

This is my last response to you on it. I’ve explained my idea.
    • Like x 2
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Though I like the idea of something to chase for, this just seems to add more on the player than overall helping the content. I think it would be better suited if they did something more inherent than addition to.
    • Adaptive Augments (AA's) already have a 50% breakthrough chance for max level. Adding more on top would become closer to the extreme that we see with 120+ artifacts. Can be costly, though it is nice we have the ability to finally buy seals in game, it would be more beneficial to have them used on artifacts to help the general gameplay than older gameplay.
    • We already have AA's for every DLC since Teen Titans. It's definitely annoying to have to swap between them, especially since they added the lost stats to the Doom AA's. Though, it definitely would be an interesting addition if they made AA's that work for all DLCs or classic game. Would be more consistent.
    • Adding more required to be able to go back and complete older content just puts more strain on New or Returning players. Where it creates a catch 22. You have to have completed content to be able to run the content. It doesn't help that a lot of the Catalysts are spread out from different pieces of content that aren't just open world reward boxes. Maybe if they did a consistency of rewards pass, it might work better to alleviate this problem.
    • Like x 1
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I personally wouldn’t mind the grind or the cost, but that’s just me. This would also be a long term leveling goal (spread across several EEG ranks), so it wouldn’t have to be done quickly. As for new players, they were often excluded from elite for years even in the pre-clamp system; so I don’t see any damage there.

For content older than Titans, that is an issue. The older elite EEG content would date all the way back to Amazon Fury 2 (episode 13). They could start by implementing the new system back to Titans (the work already largely in place), and then add adaptive augments to older EEG content as a long term goal (maybe just one at a time every few months).

But spreading back to those oldest episodes out of the current bounty runs would encourage play in content not being touched even now. I think it would better implement the “play all of the game” intent that the clamp had.
    • Like x 1
  10. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

And you link to something that has nothing to do with this. okie dokie. I was asking what the goal of this idea is. Apparently asking if you wanted to lessen the difficulty with higher augment ranks is somehow confrontational. But cool, whatevs.

Your "point" is totally without merit, I have all my old augments, and I have an interest in all new ideas. Really baffling choice on that link. Have good one.