So uh....there a player report system or...?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Celestial Demon, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Cause I'm starting to run into blatant hackers/cheaters in lower content and it's already not fun and reminding me of the "interactive youtube" days already when they either hack their weapons out to fire faster than they should or straight up make raid enemies health drop like literal water.

Hell, one of these "entry scaled" people in Reality Nexus has ------- 7.2 million because of it while everyone else is below 400k until he left at the boss fight itself.
    • Like x 1
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402338128787-How-do-I-report-Cheaters-in-DCUO-
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/a-community-for-everyone.316163/

There is also /report command in-game, it flags the chat for Support to review and has to be followed by e-mail.

How I report a suspicious player:
    - make screenshots and/or videos with evidence (for example, take a picture of scoreboard).
    - report them with /report feature (optional).
    - write a detailed e-mail to cheater@dcuniverseonline.com, make sure to include links to screenshots/videos and mention that you used /report if you did.
    • Like x 4
  3. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

I didn't know there was such a command in the game.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, the in-game command is better used for 'toxic' behavior like chat nonsense, name calling, harrasment. Every speed hack I've reported they have asked for a video or screen caps once the ticket is open, so unless the guy is in chat saying 'yeah...I'm a speed hacker' the /report in game only really gives them a timestamp to reference once you drop your ticket in. If it auto included info from the run (like damage out or a 2000+ hit chain), the hacking should be obvious enough just from that a ticket or video shouldn't even be needed.

It would be nice if it did more.
  5. TANK69 Well-Known Player

The whole reporting process is so much complicated in this game. If they realy want to make this right, they have to add an ingame video capture to record the things, but first, they have to do something with the characters with special names, and about naming system at all. I don't know if I see a character with fishy name, I always got trigger itching about report. Otherwise why the hell name a character like that?
  6. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Unless they choose to re-write the way other people see names where you'll see it normally, but others will see a modified version that differentiates between capital "i" and lowercase "L".

Either that or change the font so capital "i" comes out looking like I instead (times new roman instead of ariel).
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I'll be honest, I've never been asked for a video when I report a hacker/cheater. I do sometimes already include a screenshot, but haven't always.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The best way is to send a quick email to cheater@dcuniverseonline.com with whatever information you have. Screenshots and videos can help us, but they are not necessarily required.

The /report command specifically pulls out the most recent lines of chat so it is easy for us to find it and review it, and it must be followed up with a ticket or an email so that we know to go look for it. Without /report, it means we get to search and read lots of boring chat that wastes time, which is also where a simple screenshot is really just as good.
    • Like x 8
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honest question....even with a follow up ticket, if the chat provides a point in time to look at, but there was no 'chat' issue (no toxic stuff, no messages to/from the cheat), won't you have to look into the other stuff anyway (like damage logs or whatever)?

Not shirking our responsibility, I'm happy to drop in an email/ticket too, but without video or screenshot, isn't it basically all up to the log info? I realize there are several forms of 'cheating' but I'd guess 90% of what gets reported is obvious speed hackers and damage would seem to be the 'tell' there.
  10. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

I'll remember the next time I see some fishy nonsense going on. But if they don't talk at all, then I can't do much about it except send the link to a screenshot.