Just realized...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

That I haven't been to regular Metropolis or Gotham in years...

I went to see them for old time sake...and Brainiac is still attacking. Didn't we beat him a decade ago?
    • Like x 3
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

I mean It's like going back to Central City Deluge...Starro is STILL there lol I guess It's not really going to change since there are always going to be new players that play it for the first time so for them he is still not defeated.
    • Like x 4
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Are you not doing seasonals? :D
    • Like x 4
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is an mmo. The worlds will stay constant for everyone including new players. If they wanted to clear all that up they would need to make multiple maps for each missions clearing up each zone for each mission you clear up. However there would also be missions that you can do in any order. There’s probably an easier way to do it but still, no reason to do it.

Plus, how have you not went there in years? Have you not done any seasonals?
    • Like x 1
  6. TANK69 Well-Known Player

There is the phasing technic which Blizzard uses in WoW for territories, it can solve this problem too (and can possible build up some new open world activities as well), but you know, the cashgrab capsules and whining about losing money is more important then fixing and building a playable game.
    • Like x 1
  7. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Actually, they could do like everyone else does... once your toon gets to a certain point... you no longer are able to warp to the "Starter Map" of metro and gotham. Every other game have intro maps...which is ultimately all you do at first in metro/goth. I feel once you beat brainiac last time after you level to 30.... you should then only have access to a clean, bottle-less city with all the same briefings and investigations, etc... This would actually open up more ways to give us stuff to do as end users, and more room to add new briefings, bad guys, side stories, etc...
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I'm actually not sure where the development team is on this kind of thing. The introduction of Operations as well as small dailies, like Home Turf, were supposed to be allowing us to return to these open world areas, but that of course fell flat due to the tech limitations of the PS3. They switched from going to the open world to having smaller populated new or skinned instances for open world areas. Now that the PS3 was discontinued, are they not able to return to the main maps?

We got new areas that are really cool, though maybe not populated enough with NPCs (like the new Doomed DC.) Could they return to the vast areas of Metropolis and Gotham for new content? Will it break the PS4/5, PC, Switch, XB1?
  9. myandria Item Storage

If DCUO could save time in a bottle.. waaaiiit...

[IMG]

• Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I agree it would be nice from a storytelling aspect, as you started the thread by saying you haven't been to these areas in years (and as pointed out....what about seasonals?), who are they doing this for? We vets don't spend that much time in these huge open world areas, and that time is normally filler like doing a seasonal, hunting for collections/exos, bounty hunting, or just running around wasting time....not sure why the bottles/brainac mobs would matter that much that it's worth creating 2 new HUGE duplicate (unbottled) maps for those of us who aren't that interested in those areas anyway. Not sure it's worth the effort/resources.
    • Like x 1