Dev Discussion The Batman Who Laughs

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Ranmaru, Dec 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy everyone, with the release of EP42 it also marks the release of the Batman Who Laughs Ally release; head on down to cyborg or the marketplace to pick him up today.

Functionality:
    Deadman's Hand
    [Combat Ability]
    Roots and damages enemies around him before retreating and throwing a fan of cards.
    At Scaling:
    (1) Ability Unlocked
    (2) 40% damage
    (3) 90% damage
    (4) 135% damage
    (5) 180% damage
    (6) 225% damage
    (7) 270% damage
    (8) 315% damage
    (9) 360% damage
    (10) 400% damage

Luck of the Draw

[Passive Ability]

While in combat, receive a random beneficial card from The Batman Who Laughs' Deck. The effects are as follows:

Gaea Card: Increases max health
    Enigma Card: Increases in-combat power regeneration
    Frigor Card: Increases critical chance
    Batman Card: Increases might, dominance, restoration, vitalization, and precision
    A card is drawn every 30 seconds. Card effects last several seconds.

A card is drawn every 30 seconds
    (4) G: 5 second duration, G: +4% max health, E: +23 power regeneration, F: +0.5% critical chance, B: +1% all stats, +0.5% precision
    (5) G: 7.5 second duration, G: +5% max health, E: +25 power regeneration, F: +1% critical chance, B: +1.5% all stats, +0.75% precision
    (6) G: 10 second duration, G: +6% max health, E: +27 power regeneration, F: +1.5% critical chance, B: +2% all stats, +1% precision
    (7) G: 12.5 second duration, G: +7% max health, E: +29 power regeneration, F: +3% critical chance, B: +2.5% all stats, +1.25% precision
    (8) G: 15 second duration, G: +8% max health, E: +31 power regeneration, F: +4.5% critical chance, B: +3% all stats, +1.5% precision
    (9) G: 17.5 second duration, G: +9% max health, E: +33 power regeneration, F: +6% critical chance, B: +3.5% all stats, +1.75% precision
    (10) G: 20 second duration, G: +10% max health, E: +35 power regeneration, F: +7.5% critical chance, B: +5% all stats, +2.5% precision

Toxic Encore

[Passive Ability]

When using a finisher on an enemy below 25% health, prepare a bomb that will activate on the next finisher. The activated bomb will release a field of defense-reducing toxin for 10s.
    At Max Affinity Level:
    (6) 3% defense debuff
    (7) 4% defense debuff
    (8) 5% defense debuff
    (9) 6% defense debuff
    (10) 7% defense debuff

As always I welcome your feedback, please have a great time with this new addition.
    • Like x 4
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Was this reverted to the previous "25% threshold only" version for the Live release? I thought the 25% threshold was supposed to become more generous as the level increased? From the PCTest notes:

• Like x 2
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I've been trying out Level 10 Toxic Encore on the Legion of Duty open world bounties. Even when they are very close to being defeated, the first part will not proc no matter how close to death the boss is. It doesn't appear to be working on bosses at all.
    • Like x 3
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Same problem here with Toxic Encore. Have the laughing man at level 8
    • Like x 2
  5. SChan83 New Player

Does his toxic encore work on bosses? If not it's useless.
  6. JDIRS Well-Known Player

It's ashame the rank 10 critical chance was nerfed from 12%, the 12% buff made the ally seem impactful despite the randomness, but now I am not sure as many players will consider it worth the resources.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

8. BumblingB I got better.

BUG: Toxic Encore was triggering almost everytime I used my finisher. I don't know what put me into that, but I had to take it off my loadout because I didn't want to exploit it.

We were fighting Batman Who Laughs in the elite version of the alert and because it was proccing so often, it was causing confusion too, as they thought they were in the cloud and would die.

Suggestion: Can you change the Toxic Cloud to be a different color than his attack in the alert? Something to know it's not the same?
    • Like x 1
  9. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I know this might be a little off topic, and I apologize, the allies and artifacts that affect all powersets and eventually will have no room for growth or freedom of choice with loadouts. Would it be possible to make power specific allies? There are so many things you could do to bring all powers on par with each other. You could have one for sorcery that would speed up their projectile attacks, or buff the range of cold snap for ice, or even give atomic a true aoe. Trying to make allies and artifacts for all powersets together eventually leads to a meta that stifles playstyles and loadouts. An ally could even make combo powers easier to play for those who want to try those powers, but who might be limited in ability or that have a disibility. There are countless ways you could go with powerset specific allies. :)
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Could there be an additional animation to go above our heads or around the card to help show which card was drawn? It's sometimes difficult to tell since the animation is fairly quick. I was thinking:
    Gaea Card: Poison Ivy's floral animation
    Enigma Card: Riddler's question marks
    Frigor Card: frost/ice animation
    Batman Card: swarm of bats
    • Like x 1
  11. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

They must put a color, a flash or an aura on each card to differentiate the effects well, We are going to wait for the change, In a Guide that calculated the total marks that are spent to raise the Legendary allies to a maximum level, it showed that There are about 4629 brands.... Very Cheap! So sorry, there is no place for "could you do it?", They must do it, and it must be soon before they turn the page and it stays that way, and with a high quality result. Not just any one, since we players are the ones who will permanently have the Batman who laughs, and we hope that it will make it easier for us to guess the effect that he is doing at the moment, even in a crazy raid where everything is in action, moving , and there is no time to blink to see what is happening now...
    [IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.