Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Thanks for proving me correct in my presupposition.

->.
    • Like x 2
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lmao okayyyyyyyy whatever makes you feel better. If you’re not going to clarify your own statements then that is what I took from your post. You want to steam roll content because stat clamp is a waste of time to you and you don’t know some of the raids and by not knowing you rather not understand the mechanics though I question why after the fifth attempt it still doesn’t ring a bell. If this kills you then don’t repeat the same mistake, learn from it, adapt. You never once mentioned if you told the other players how the mechanics work. Simply put from my understanding of your post is that if you had the choice to not be stat clamp the mechanics or not knowing that specific raid won’t stop you from succeeding whereas stat clamp and not knowing the raid is. Then you keep saying to Google it or watch YouTube videos.
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You’d be surprised. A lot of earlier raids do an exceedingly poor job of explaining well, anything. I was initially surprised to learn that anyone was struggling with Zoo, because for me that’s one of the easiest raids ever. But actually, I was here when Riddled With Crime released. Everyone was discussing it all at the time. A bunch of randos going into it blind could probably get pretty messy. I don’t think it tells you very much.
    • Like x 2
  4. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

This is exactly why you're not worth my time to respond to.

If you had a modicum of comprehension you'd have already read that I presented a solid argument for an optional stat clamp. The fact that you went off on a predictable tangent not only shows how out of touch the devs are with their own game but some of the game's narrow-minded and willfully obtuse players as well. Predictable.

Try again, tryhard.
    • Like x 4
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

The issue is the people, not the instance. Most if not all Omni groups that I get in also have the bare minimum of support roles. Having a 2nd healer for Talia is a good idea, in case the healer gets mind controlled. He still hasn’t told us what actually was the problem, only that the problem wasn’t him because his dps was better than the rest of the group :). Was Serum being released, causing the group to wipe? Was the tank staying in the gas and dying? Was the tank or healer being mind controlled? Some groups just throw their hands up and leave while others talk about what’s happening and try to get on the same page.

Ever see a brand new crew team try to paddle together?

[IMG]

It’s a world of difference from this:

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Therein lies the rub.

For content that for all intents and purposes is irrelevant it shouldn't matter what was causing the wipes (although each thing you mentioned pretty much nailed it every time). It's a miniscule matter in the grand scheme of what DCUO should bring to the MMO table.

If the devs and some players think this is good use of a player's time, they are even more our of touch than I initially assumed.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And that's the beauty of a 'discussion' forum...we can disagree on almost everything and discuss. If it were an 'agreement' forum, it would be a lot more boring. Happy New Year!
    • Like x 3
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Hit a nerve ouch…. Lol and all those words and you just don’t want to admit that you rather not have stat clamp because having it is a waste of your time and content you know zero about won’t be an issue if you’re able to steamroll it. No matter what words you want to throw out the fact of the matter is that’s what you want but you won’t admit it. And apparently a lot of things are a waste of your time yet here you are. I don’t want a choice between stat and non stat clamp if players want to ignore mechanics because they do not know anything about it and then choose to not learn from it. It’s not difficult to understand this from you. Dying four times tells you you are choosing not to learn from your mistakes but a fifth time xD you said it’s not the mechanics but dying that many times shows for it. If it’s not then you are simply ignoring parts of my post on purpose possibly to avoid answering those questions because you don’t want to admit it. You blame the entire group but yourself but if it wasn’t stat clamp you wouldn’t be failing four times especially five.
    • Like x 1
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Your giant wall of text has crushed me.

Do everyone a favor and Google what paragraphs are.
    • Like x 1
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Classic Catastroflare!!!! LMAO!!! You made my day thanks.
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Why is everyone arguing? Just read my post and chill :p
    Happy New Year!
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

My group couldn’t figure out how to count it down together, we kept wiping on 7.

We voted to disband New Years.
    • Like x 5
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And under Solowing's proposal, you can't re-celebrate it till Feb 20th.

Seems like this thread has been going on for a year now...
    • Like x 4
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No, if I was reading too deeply into it, I'd have declared that allowing the choice to go unclamped would bring about unnecessary class warfare in the game, the immediate shutdown of the game, the breakdown of Western society as we know it and the heat death of the universe. LOL

Players being separated from one another when trying to run content and newer/less experienced players not being able to learn older content mechanics due to high CR players demolishing everything is entirely likely because it was happening before the clamp. The latter is still a problem because high CR players were able to simply overpower the content for so long. The effects of that will take a while to be resolved.
    • Like x 3
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    That made me laugh:D
    • Like x 3
  16. Brit Loyal Player

DCUO Player: "Hey. I normally play [role]. All of my gear is in that role. All of my artifacts are advanced in that role. I queued exclusively to play as that role, and was placed into this group while being assigned to play as that role. However, the random queue did not give us the player-determined optimal role breakdown for this individual instance."

Rest of Group: "NO! We refused to sub-optimize our group and slow by even 1 or 2 minutes so that you can play [role] instead of playing [opposite role]. We demand that you magically summon from out of nowhere a second build worth of gear and be optimized for your opposite role!"

DCUO Developers: "Sounds to us like the playerbase as a majority would massively love to see their group's optimization reduced and to run content a lot slower. Reducing player effectiveness is going to go over really well; that is clearly what the majority want."
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    Great....1st day of the year and I already need to bring my meter into the shop for repairs....
    • Like x 3
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

either hes serious or i cant comprehend that lvl of sarcasm
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Youve not only insulted people, youve also insulted the developers.

You really arnt defending your point, youre telling people "Im right and if you dont agree, you're stupid". And when people ask you to back it up, you simply insult them and said youve made a point.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

See thats the issue, you dont really care about what the clamp set out to do at all.

We naturally help players while we play with them, they are getting first-hand experience and learning the ropes. The do's and dont's, the ins and outs. They dont need a dedicated 3 hour lesson. We learn by experience not having it done for us.

You forgot what it was like to be new once too.

We all start off brand new, and uncertain of what to do.
    [IMG]

But in time and experience, most us all will grow in confidence and skill, and be able to hang with the best of them.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.