Up-Votes Needed WARNING: brutal memory leak on USPC

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Wallachia, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I just got into the game and got a severe lag issue. It wasn`t latency, but my FPS dropped to less than one. Since I have some softwares to monitor my system, those softwares indicated a brutal memory leak. My ram memory (8 Gb) was being used for more than 90% of it. I was playing just fine yesterday, so something serious happened with the game.

Copypasted from another thread with a plus: yesterday it was working absolutely fine, so unless my computer was attacked by gremlins, something is really iffy with the game client.
    • Like x 2
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

UPDATE: Ran out another random instancfe and no fps drops. This seems to be related with the Doom instance events.
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

UPDATE 2: Tried a 4 player alert, no leak. It seems to be exclusive to the new episode`s instances.
  4. AV Loyal Player

If you change your install location, does it still happen? Only time I've had issues like this, the install location was corrupted.
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

I did it, and nothing changed. I can confirm it`s not my pc, specially because solos, duos, alerts and raids play normally. The issue is exclusive with the latest episode`s instances.
    • Like x 1
  6. Swamarian Committed Player

What the hey. I wandered around various open worlds, monitoring memory with task manager, and memory consistently went up, until the game crashed.
    Location Memory Usage (Gigs)
    Hall of Legends 9
    Gotham 9.6
    Watchtower 10
    Central City 10.2
    Vault, Seasonal 10.2
    Death MMetal DC 10.5
    Gangster Gotham 10.6
    31stCentury 10.9
    crash Back down to 6.1

My PC has 16 gigs of memory, so it was never really stressed.