My clamp/feat system fix.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trykz, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

What if going forward, they just grant all feats as a dlc rotates out of the relative content, and in return, increase the skill point differential (not sure if that’s the right way to say it, I mean make each skill point matter more), to retain the value of earning feats in current dlc’s?

This way you wouldn’t be bothered by clamp over running old content for feats, and could freely choose which content you want to run for marks, or take what is given you for the Omni rewards.
    It seems most of the clamp frustration has to do with feats/skill points?
    Well if we shift the paradigm from All skill points matter to the most recent skill points matter the most, it fixes this issue without depreciating the skill points themselves imo.

More or less bring everyone up to a base, then make any relative content feats always worth more than eeg granted feats.

Full disclosure I’m no game designer this is a random suggestion, feedback is always appreciated.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

My fix for useless people who have problems with clamp\feat system:
    GET GOOD!!!
    At least try to learn something... Spend more time in the game instead of creating stupid threads on the forum.
    EZ fix isn't it?:cool:
    • Like x 2
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

In no particular order my reactions to your position.
    1. I’m pro clamp so ..?
    2. Yikes as well as cringe.
    3. Lol at “Get Good”.
    4. I’m full 310 already, I can’t be a no life and also need to spend more time in game, pick one.
    • Like x 1
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Although I would like to see changes to the feat system, I honestly don't think that a lot of people would even bother to get new feats of they were going to be eventually granted in time to come.

For new/pug people, maybe grant them feats from the first couple tiers, so they can actually see that skill points help, so maybe they'll get other feats to be more competent. It takes about 372 SP (1 in movement, 1 in top skill, 20 in critical chance, 40 in magnitude, 310 in primary stat) to really max out performance (from skill points ability). Maybe a 150-200 grant would be good for anyone lower.

Skill points has always been an issue where people fall behind, I always suggest to people, your sp should be bigger than your cr.
    • Like x 2
  5. Trykz Dedicated Player

The fear system will eventually have to be re worked at some point. That’s pretty well pre determined by power creep. I definitely entwined it’s inevitable re work into a hypothetical two birds with one stone. Though my initial example works even better if you make granted feats worth zero feat points and only relative content has value to skill points.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Either this or just stop creating new feats with sp attached to them altogether. People have already surpassed the 700sp mark, for feat sake.

I always thought that the current feat/skill point system should just be done away with. New feats should still exist, of course, but instead of sp or feat points attached to them, they should have exclusive styles and titles.

And before someone just comes and attack me for the suggestion, I have 652sp. I'm not suggesting that the skill points from old feats are taken away, just that new feats should stop granting them.
    • Like x 2
  7. Trykz Dedicated Player

People definitely tend to assume if you’re in favor of a revamp you must not have skill points lol.
    I have 368 and after about 15ish more could care less if I ever get another one honestly, there’s so many available I stopped “hunting” them for the most part and just get what I get through regular game play now lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

1. Who cares...
    2. Who cares...
    3. Yep get good
    4. Who cares...
    It's your problems, so don't put it on other people. If you don't have time then you don't need more than 100 sp. Max out crits and spend 1-5sp on main stats. All other clamp is doing for you. Oh... Don't forget about artifacts and augs... They much matter than sp.
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

I have 368. I put nothing on you, you put your self in this thread and your stance, however wanna be elitist it is, has been noted. Have a good day :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

I could definitely get on board with the feat system being transformed into a cosmetic sink instead of a power gains tool moving forward.
    • Like x 2
  11. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Oh my... 368sp...:eek: Nope, I'm not even close to elitists. I just tired to see stupid people which even can't press correct button and count from 1 to 6... But they think they gods and yelling how a game is broken, unfair, bla-bla-bla... and yes, you looks like one of them.:mad:
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

Cool story bro.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

I'm not your bro. And... Get good!;)
  14. Trykz Dedicated Player

What’s good?
    Deathproof?
    Two different round 13 survival mode arena wins?
    Opening time capsules and equipping badges?
    Define what a player would have to do to be good to you.
    • Like x 1
  15. Requake Dedicated Player

Isn't the elite gear 312? Isn't 310 gear close to irrelevant then?
    If you say that being full 310 gear is your definition of being done with the DLC for now, as you might need better gear to do elite, that's cool.

Now you have the time to get some SP then.

I've been playing for a while, never really bothered on SP, they just naturally came to me (mainly influenced by the players / leagues I run/ran with) and got to 602 at this very moment.

Grind feats will never be touched by me (i.e. CC bounties), I'm pretty sure 600 is more than competitive anyways.
    • Like x 1
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

See, I think Save the Universe has that potential to direct people towards older content. I saw a lot of people getting stubborn counter feats out of Throne of the Dead in the past few months. I think maybe we just need a little more creativity on getting people to the front door. Steve Trevor feat missions perhaps?

If anything, I could see them giving away the solo feats or the counter feats or making it easier to get (reducing the price of the head augments or catalysts from old dlcs). However, if they haven’t yet given away the Legends PVE feats then it doesn’t look good for episode feats.

Specific encounter feats…I’m much more on the “nah, it needs to be done” side. The socialization, or working together with others, is what usually stands in the way of people getting these.

Giving away everything that is older than 3 dlcs? No way. Too recent, it would deter people from trying at current tier. It would also deter people from using replays ($$$ for the game) to buy older feats.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why? The clamp did not make obtaining feats harder. You can still freely build a group to run whichever content you need. People are frustrated by the clamp because they can't hack and slash their way through old content anymore.

Making skill points matter more and than handing them out for free is not the way to go.
    • Like x 5
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

Maybe a better way to explain it is have skill points be on a rotation like OP items.
    Granted are worth zero, current are worth something?
    I personally don’t have any issue with the clamp at all, in fact I love it lol.
    I think a lot of people disagree on it and feats and definitely a topic I see brought up a lot is all.
    • Like x 1
  19. Trykz Dedicated Player

I was thinking more of a rotating skill point system like we have with the OP gear system, such as once they are granted their worth nothing, they’re only worth getting while current, though I love the idea of feat missions to encourage feat groups!
  20. Trykz Dedicated Player

You misunderstood me. I was replying to his suggestion to “spend more time in the game “ and eluding to the fact that since I’m full dlc gear within a couple weeks I spend plenty of time in the game lol, no where did I say either that A.310 was “the end of a dlc” or did I say anything about my skill points either being not enough, a lot, or anything else. I only told him how many I had so he would understand I’m not a 90sp toon crying that clamped feats are too hard to get. After another 15 I’ll be maxed in my main stat and could care less about further progression from skill points personally, but none of that was what this thread is about.