Why did you do this devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Dec 26, 2021.

1. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

So you made the new generator mode planes cost 85 marks but they are not account bound and even the generator modes you make are not account bound. So I would need to spend 255marks just to get the 3 plans that I need for one character on that character. Then spend source 360 marks to get the matter enhancers. This doesn't include the ancient vellum that are 2 source marks each. This is just not fun and I hate that you tied feats to this bs. If this process was account bound I wouldn't be so mad but to make this a process that I have to do on my main character which already has to work on the op piece and elite gear but now that the generator modes are also none tradeable. Why is it when you make one thing easy you turn around and add something that will make the process harder or longer?
    • Like x 9
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

mod....
    have you seen the older movie Idiocracy?
    How about the new movie Don't Look Up on Netflix? It's good... sadly....
    which is to say, if edit is avail change modes to mod. meanwhile, a company does.... what a company does.... moving parts and participants. [IMG]
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s part of the game, something to finish over time. Just keep running the content. Run Legion of Doom content for the marks and run whatever for the source marks. Some content even has a chance to drop the Ancient Vellium and other reagents needed.

Changing your approach to this is completely within your power.
    • Like x 1
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's a radically player unfriendly approach that oddly manages to be even worse than the disastrous mod implementation of Flashpoint.

Just complete garbage that disregards player experience in literally every way.
    • Like x 10
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I think the way they setup the whole mod system since BOP has been detrimental to the players. Content last 3-5 months long. And if these are supposed to be long haul, they immediately get replaced on the next DLC by a trash drop. (Example, 40.4 vs 42.0.)

It's a rabbit hole cycle that demoralizes the players. WHY do we have to work for these mods? Why can't they be drops that we can choose to use? Is it because of feats? That just means the devs are unimaginative in feat creation. Is it because we need something to keep us around? That shows the content isn't engaging and pushes the players away more than invoke the want to keep doing content.

The system is in dire need to be scrapped altogether. Maybe for something that follows the new Augment leveling system. Where you can swap and choose what mod you have.
    • Like x 10
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Yeah, all the regents still drop wherever. I got about fifty total before the DLC even dropped. Its now another thing which can be farmed and sold for some good cash.

It would be nice if the Devs confirmed whether they took them all out of open world or not. I know China Town, the Green Lantern/Yellow Lantern area, and Knightsdome open world all used to drop regents like crazy.
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

What work are you doing besides running content? It utilizes the crafting system, something that benefits those chasing those pesky crafting feats, and gives you another chase item that rewards easy feat points. This is 100x better than flashpoint.

Drops were a pain because of the clogged loot tables and people complained because they didn’t ONLY get mods they wanted. They made it crafting based so you could pick which you want to make. The only thing ever consistent about modding has been that someone is going to b*tch and moan about it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

This is not worse than flashpoint, not by a long shot.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

It being better than Flashpoint is irrelevant to the conversation. That's putting you in a situation where you either loath or hate something. Both are a negative, only one could be tolerable.
    • Like x 7
  10. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's considerably worse as at least with Flashpoint you could use alts to help.

This is a tone deaf disaster.
    • Like x 7
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

I, for one, was pretty ambivalent towards it. I found it to be quite simple and far from demoralizing. It’s a mark cost/mark sink. Buy plans, buy catalysts, buy/acquire reagents. Hit square 12 times. Install mods. Done.

If you don’t care about the feat just use the dropped mods and be done with it.

Want the feat, but don’t want to use your Doom currency? Just wait until it’s out of relevancy and come back and buy plans with source marks.

I’m all for improving the system, crafting has always been wonky in this game. What do you want it to be?
    • Like x 1
  12. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I completely agree and after the Flashpoint debacle I had a dev agree on a different forum that the flash point was really bad and that they was gonna try to improve it for this dlc but making everything character bound and not account bound makes it just as bad cause I used alts to get it done with flash point but this will force me to run everything on my main and pretty much make me take weeks longer since I don't reset content till double marks. I can use alts to get materials but the plans will take me alot longer cause I have my op piece and gear to buy. If they had this process account bound I'd have it done next week the following week latest.
    • Like x 1
  13. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

If this is the way the gonna do it I'd rather they went back to all mods dropping like before bop and not have to spend hundreds of my marks and end game currency for a mod cost me alot to make but the next mode in the next dlc will be better. All mods in a dlc used to just drop and they didn't give you feats but I had the .3 mods on my main and alot of alts by the third week every dlc.
    • Like x 1
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'm not sure I'll ever finish these, 255 episode currency for marginally better mods on just one toon is insane. Neither the recipes nor boxes being tradable is just poor implementation. While I felt flashpoint mods were tedious, this is amazingly, somehow -- worse.

No one thought it could get worse, but you proved us wrong, yay devs. I mean, bravo, I guess?
    (And yes I realize this is the very definition of first world problems. Still, I do think criticism is warranted in this case. And sarcasm.)
    • Like x 2
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

Nicely put.

It’s like they collate all the feedback and do the exact opposite of what it suggests. Hard to tell if it’s out of incompetence or spite at this point. The ship is sinking pretty quickly and there are a lot of holes to plug.
    • Like x 4
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Are people really complaining that they can’t finish the new mods 3 weeks into the dlc? Ok I’m going to break it down. The mods do NOT have a major impact on your stats. The whole point of the mods is to keep people busy before the new dlc. This is meant to take time. If you are a player who wants max stats than you can get them right after elite gear and skip reg gear. If all you care about if the feat than who cares if you complete it next dlc or the one after? Or after it’s converted to early end game? Contrary to popular belief most feats don’t have timers.

If you’re the type of player who wants to get everything during the dlcs lifespan than you can do that too. We haven’t even had our first bonus marks. Get elite gear first. This gives a discount to regular gear. Get regular gear next. Get plans next. Then get dlc accessory gear (rings, neck, weapon, face). While doing all that you should have build up your resources for the mods. Build mods and finally wait for next dlc.

Dcuo isn’t a job. Yet people are treating it like one. You don’t have to get everything every dlc
    • Like x 4
  17. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

What if I told you that it's okay to criticize the choices that the devs made and that being an agressive apologist for them at every turn is both annoying and not going to gain you anything in the longrun?
    • Like x 4
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here is a little secret. I am actually not looking for anything in return. Criticizing a game is not a bad thing. But nitpicking over everything is something different. Crafting is a part of the game. So people actually like gathering and crafting. Crafting can even be expanded to other areas to give less skilled players a way to gear up if expended in the future. So them looking at ways to expand on the crafting system is good. Complaining about things that isn't actually an issue just does not make sense.
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Wait wait wait…..
    These mods r tied to progression and stats that are ONLY relevant for about 2 more months (the content will still be relevant but the moment the next episode drops the mods wont) before being obsoleted and your argument is that we arent supposed to be complete them anytime soon? How does that make any sense at all?

The fact that mods (unlike artifacts for example) have an incredibly short life span suggests we should in fact be able to get them fast to actually use them otherwise whats the point?
    Also, stay on topic. Topic is how bad the system is since everythings character bound. Character is far worse an less player friendly and less grind friendly than acct bound. Nothing you said refutes this so what are you even talking about sir?

In any case, yea, this is miles worse than flashpoint. By now in flashpoint i had all mods up an running and i was using them while they serve a purpose thanks to alts. The mark sink they created may be fine for you not for most of us. Why are stats tied to them if we cant even get them till they are no longer relevant……
    The answer is to get us to use replays i.e. spend $
    Theres better ways and more fun ways to dangle a carrot…….
    Its about them being character bound, dont white knight this BS. I defend the devs when its deserving but when hey mess up an make something worse, they deserve everything they get. After flashpoint, no one really thought they could mess it up further but surprise surprise…….

Said it before and i’ll say it again, we need to use the drop mods OR purchase them like in wonderverse. Easy peasy, prob solved. What the actual F is so difficult for the devs to understand about this……
    • Like x 5
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again,the mods give barely any extra stats when compared to the lower dropped mods from the same DLC. You will not be losing any benefit by not having them in place. That is a fact that you or anyone can not argue. The difference between 42.4 and 42.0 is negligible. So what is the point of the mods? It is the feats. Do these feats have an expiration? No they do not. So trying to Get max gen mods is there for the feat. You want an easy fix? Remove the feats. Then you can keep the mods the way they are. Those that want every last stat cant farm these while those that do not can ignore them. If you are trying to max the gen mods to improve your damage/role than there are better ways of doing that than chasing minuscule stats.

And this whole "call everyone a white knight for not crying about every little thing" is kinda ridiculous. Mods are nothing more than an inconvenience. The DLC is in the middle of its 3rd week and people complain about something this minor. They are testing the waters with crafting. Crafting in games is something some players really enjoy. Just because you and some want the easy way doesn't mean that everyone wants it.
    • Like x 1