Friendly Reminder: You're in a Team

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Dec 23, 2021.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I ran the Secret Research Facility seasonal tonight, and we had one player who was either confused about the mechanics of the fight or trolling the group. The person kept picking up the bubbled orange lanterns and flying around the room with them, almost like playing keep away from the group. That's an issue, but the bigger issue followed.

One member of the group decided to call the inexperienced player names while using profanity, and then the person who did the name calling chose to sit in a corner and not help at all with the fight. Instead of being down one useful player, we were down two. Still finished it as a trio with two of us doing the mechanics, but the equivalent of sulking in a corner is rather childish. Instead of helping the team to complete it sooner, the person wasted everyone's time.
    • Like x 3
  2. Henoshock Well-Known Player

More common issue I've seen is one player literally AFK the whole time, only to coincidentally come back right as we finish the boss. Can't help but carry the freeloader.
    • Like x 2
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, another example of a poor teammate.
  4. Eve YouTuber

these are usually alts with 01 02 03 in their names. I put them on ignore right after to not have to carry them again.

Yeah most can fly around after defeating a lantern and not bringing them to the thing. Or people trying to do feats without updating the group or asking for help then get upset at group chat that the group didn't help them. lol
    • Like x 3
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I did the event with a person afk the whole instance earlier today. I noticed when 3rd damage phase of Larfleeze, then F4, vote to kick player started by me. they were not kicked. 0 damage. we completed the instance.
    ....then i noticed i did the seasonal events out of order? and had to do it again for the seasonal currency rewards/journal mission. /facepalm.
    ....it's weird to have to talk to an npc to get the seasonal vault available.
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I always vote to disband over and over while calling out the freeloader. It's annoying but it works. I refuse to carry people in seasonals.
    • Like x 3
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

Yeah.. sounds like a troll, but the seasonal meh not a huge deal really if someone doesn’t fight til the last round, it’s super easy and usually Larfleeze’s health end up resetting multiple times anyway. What’s really cool is when people do this but in the middle of a raid, and they move around just enough to not be away. And then usually someone in the group starts the fight anyway instead of kicking the useless player and they end up getting a free carry.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Oh is that so? "oh we died... My controller died, but while were here lets boot out this parasite..."
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I have many on ignore so I don't see many often as soon as the seasonal starts if anyone is afk I add them to block and leave these lazy clowns do what they do because they can . They can stand around all day for all I care but I will NEVER carry someone like that **** and after all these year's it's the same thing over and over and I'm not sure why something like this isn't addressed lol another MMO I play this crap isn't tolerated lol nah .
    • Like x 2
  10. Beat Active Player

This is exactly why in seasonal Ques the inactivity kick feature should be shortened to 5min tops before getting automatically kicked.

Absolutely no reason for people to be inactive for even half that time considering they Accepted the Que in the first darn place.
    • Like x 2
  11. Hurtyman Active Player

People who queue up, go into a seasonal, and then just stand there and don't contribute are awful. I know that's super controversial, but I stand by it. Here's the thing though, event content is so easy you can do it single handedly if you need to, and it's a few minutes out of your life. I've been in groups where I wished the other three had stayed behind the security door. There are dumb, lazy, and incompetent players in this game, and that's their problems, but if you let them wind you up and make you angry that's your problem.
  12. Controller Devoted Player

I've seen this once.

I told myself it's probably some younger kid but eventually they figured it out and played along lol.
  13. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I can't believe how petty people can be. If it's someone's little farming alt... they would probably only save you like 30 seconds if they did work the whole time. The fact that something like this triggers negative feelings in you guys is a much more serious matter. Seek therapy.
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Why should people be expected to carry lazy parasites through content. It's not about difficulty, it's about taking advantage of strangers.
    • Like x 3
  15. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Get of of combat and try to kick the player. That's all you can really do. Freeloaders are scum.
    • Like x 1
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The fact that this even registers as something worth complaining about means you're probably quite comfortable and spoiled. Just spread the love man. It's Christmas.
  17. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Not an excuse to freeload. The only spoiled people here the leechers and their defenders.
    • Like x 3
  18. Earworm New Player

This sounds like projection.
    • Like x 4
  19. L T Devoted Player

That's actually a good idea. Until The DEVs wake up and remove the time-from-start and in-combat limits for kicking players, I think that's what I'm going to do when I get an AFKer.

They're probably gold sellers in disguise, so literally anything we can do to discourage them improves the game.
    • Like x 1
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Well I am too... but if I am going to whine and complain about something on Christmas Eve... it's not going to be about my 30 seconds of time wasted on a stranger in a video game. To each their own, I guess.