Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I don't know, maybe if people would just WORK for what they need and EARN it legitimately, things might have gone better for them.
    • Like x 2
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

[IMG]

I think you need these yo.
    • Like x 3
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I like the fact they are taking a more hardline approach(if thats the right phrase) to this round of glitchery. This time around appeals for suspensions arent even being entertained, unlike previous times where it seemed no one really served one. In January when they do the permabans I would hope they have some sort of "second chance" policy(meaning first time offenders would be considered to have served time with the suspensions) but in the end they will do what ever it is they do and it really doesnt matter what any of us think on the matter.
    • Like x 1
  4. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Isn't all cheating malicious and a crime against other players? Long ago, I felt similar to you about other exploits that involved content (raids etc). Ultimately rolling back progress seemed fair, maybe add in a 14 day ban or something light. The problem with not having a hardline on cheating is that players see how far they can bend an exploit due to lack of fear. And then, you get something like the money exploits that affect everyone and are really hard to fix in a fair way.

While I don't think the artifact exploit was as detrimental as some of the previous exploits, it did circumvent the monetization system for the game. In my mind, they have to respond with a heavier hand for that reason alone.
    • Like x 3
  5. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Although this kiiiinda sounds like it could work, these guys can turn it around. If they had to wear some cap that says cheaters, then they'll prolly create a league with all its members cheaters, then they have a community, and then they can still do content, and find other ways to exploit the game. I'm sorry, but they just need to be gone.
    (Except those that actually confessed and apologized. Kiiiiinda hope those guys get a second chance. Along with the folks that honestly didn't know, tho that number is very low)
    • Like x 2
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It is agains't the privacy policy to expose or ask people to expose themselves like that. The devs can't go out there saying who got banned and for what (or give them specific penalties) unless the person makes a public appeal first.
  7. Mr.W Committed Player

This is how I felt 15 pgs ago, but im just peeking in with popcorn now lol.

We both feel an alternative punishment can teach a better lesson especially with first offenders. & that doesn't mean cheating is in any way accepted either.Taking away illegitimate
    gains while having "brother eye" watching those individuals closely for (any) infraction is still a win for the community b/c the ones that meant to do wrong didn't get away with it. For the ones that may not have known, in the words of dackman "if its too good to be true, don't touch it". The devs have already checked the logs of what gains happened & of what players so I don't really see a rollback being too difficult. Technically, the company hasn't lost any money from this b/c again they can roll back gains that shouldn't have happened.

.....But, I'm going to get some butter for my popcorn before bed. I can't wait to read pgs 40-52

Goodnight
    • Like x 1
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I disagree. If they already have the accounts who exploited it shouldn't be hard to roll them back to 0. Of course people who were making multiple accounts to sell or abused the money/TC glitches before don't deserve any second chance, but a bunch of people could be first time offenders or long time paying/playing gamers.

In my opnion the best thing would be to roll back first timers to what they had before + the 21 days ban and put others (people who abused every single artifact out there or aren't first time offenders, like people who might have been 3-day banned for trash talking) artifacts on level 0 + 21 days ban. If they come back and spend money on their membership/artifacts again then they pretty much pay the community back their "fair" share for abusing the game, if they don't then it works pretty much like a permanent ban. After all I don't think they can sell a account flagged for cheating.

I don't think we'll face population issues because of the ban, even if all the 800 guys remain banned, but there is not really any "blame" after the game dies. If the population dries out the exploiters will be long gone on another game spending their money there, it will all fall on the devs shoulders like in any company out there.

PS: For those saying the game died because of the bans, most of the population drop on this time of the year is pretty normal in every game out there, November/December/January is also when content creators start losing viewership across all platforms. Plus, you can also check on steam charts this is usually the worst time for DCUO population every year, even when there are successful DLC launches.
    • Like x 2
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Keep "apeal to reason." You're so good at it.

Never would you be caught throwing a tomato!

Obviously.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I've seen some bad logic, but this is hysterical.

So let me get this straight, the minute Final Fantasy 14 makes you mad with it's game direction; your gonna look for an exploit to vent out against that game right?

Right?

First off, you clearly didn't do the exploit; otherwise you wouldn't be on here communicating on the forums with an active account.

Second, Nobody does a glitch to vent out frustrations with the game; you say "Why a lot of us did the glitch." when you don't represent the EU playerbase, you just don't.

A lot of people in DCUO exploit a glitch to get the gains from it because they are chasing the meta, If they want to vent on DCUO; they'll come here to the forums, to the DCUO twitter account, or even make another dime a dozen rant video on Youtube.

The developers don't need to be thinking about vindicating you lot, it's only gonna cause your bruised egos to hurt even more than it does now; knowing some of yall got banned. By your logic If your EU scene is going to abusing glitches everytime they wanna vent; they should've done a million exploits for when the game launched with stat-clamping because so so many of you claimed it ruined progression.

Stop finessing, it doesn't make you look good.
    • Like x 7
  11. AvatarofCake New Player

That's a good question, in all fairness if that really is how things went once the bug was reported, it sounds like it was almost unavoidable. Now you just need to answer whether it is important or not to determine if an apology is enough for what happened anyways. I know Souls thinks an apology isn't enough, her comparison was to how an apology from an exploiter shouldn't be enough. (Far fetched by my standards but I can get where she's coming from) It seems rather subjective at this point.

I'm just happy to see the more rational people here went from: "Anyone accusing the Devs here of anything is a cheater or a sympathizer" to "Well even if it was reported, it was not enough to retrace and fix in time". As far as I'm concerned that is the message that needed to be heard.

If you do care what I think they should do now, I would say reimburse paying customers (who did not exploit) for the first week of this DLC. You don't have to agree with me, I'm sure Mepps won't.

Hello again, I've noticed you are having quite the hard time following other people's rationale and so you resort to fairly theatrical responses. So a couple of things I'de like you to attempt to understand:
    1. The bug is the exploit, they are one and the same. You're sticking to technical terms and the semantics will only hold you back. The exploit is essentially using the bug to your benefit. (And the bug was in-fact reported) If it's the extent of it that you're worried about - that seems rather unimportant, although you are free to argue there's a difference there. I don't know why Mepps chose to separate the two in his response, I can make some learned guesses but it would only further antagonize you and you seem on edge as is.
    2. The way you have carried yourself in this thread is the reason most are flat out ignoring you. You accuse everyone here of being unable to either read or understand when you have made no apparent effort at all to get to the end of their thoughts. You cling to out-of-context bits and pieces of their posts, usually responding in a condescending manner, with complete disregard to what they are actually saying - something that in most cases here at least is easily understood by most. (And without the need to imply intent or suggest they are saying something they are not - like you have done repeatedly.)
    3. I can't speak for everyone nor do I want to, but in my case and in Souls' case, English is in fact a second language, third for Souls if I remember correctly. Not like we care to use it as an excuse as we feel like we've conveyed ourselves fairly well. (Aside from maybe how combative she may be at times :rolleyes:)

I know it rarely is a good idea to suggest to someone they should relax, but I really think you may benefit from it.
    • Like x 9
  12. zNot Loyal Player

I was referring to people who did it by mistake, you dont do a massive amount of leveling of a artifact or ally by mistake then it was on purpose and more then once
  13. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

For me reading this forum I guess is something I shouldn't do in my current state.I don't think there's anything people can say nor do that make me anny less depressed than I allready am.Life lessons are hard but some are harder I guess.I said I'm at peace with what ever decisions beeing made and I am but then thoughs of never beeing able to make styles for others to enjoy anymore hurts more than anyone can know.I was allready on a really low spot before this so I hope I can find some peace in christmas but I doubt.I don't care for artifacts or stats I only enjoy making styles so mabye it's time to find another game,I don't know.And yeah saying all this on a official forum dosen't help me or anyone else but sometimes It's good to get it out in the open.These 21 days will be much harder than any punishment or any other that will or can be applied for/to me.Knowing for me that I did such a bad move is the worst punishment of all since I absolutely hate cheats and cheaters.I only hope the devs takes their time and see that not all people are bad ,they just do bad mistakes some times.And for the ones who did in purpose I have No sympaty. Merry chritmas-"The Odyssey guy"
    • Like x 5
  14. Soul Dedicated Player

Someone is getting clam slammed when they get knocked out again.
    • Like x 1
  15. AvatarofCake New Player

[IMG]
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The bug that was reported and the exploit itself are connected but not the same thing. The bug was reported only to show currencies and other things that didn't belong in the list of materials, the person that reported the bug did not look to see if those items could be used: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...episode-42-rewards.319411/page-4#post-4464129. No one was able to reproduce the bug so they assumed it had either fixed itself or just a very rare glitch in the UI. Keep in mind the major concern here was this bloated list of useless items to scroll through (see all the 0 XP):
    [IMG]

Fast forward to this hitting live servers where there are more people who not only figured out how to reproduce the bug but use the bug for their own ill gains. <- That's the exploit.
    • Like x 3
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Whether or not the exploit was known to the DEVS before release is irrelevant.

The fact that a player is aware of an exploit before release and chooses to cheat is no different than he or she discovering and using an exploit on their own.

Sadly we seem to live in a cultural zeitgeist where a sizable segment of people believe it is never their own fault when they do the wrong thing.

And make no mistake here cheating is the wrong thing.

I have seen players use exploits since the launch of this game and the PTB have always leaned into punishments that were as even handed as they can make them.

Their "thanks" for that restraint has been continued cheating and now blaming them because hundreds if not thousands of players are just plain dishonest

To the cheaters, instead of pointing a finger at others for your dishonesty, you might try looking in a mirror sometime.
    • Like x 3
  18. AvatarofCake New Player

I have to admit I don't understand why you claim it's not the same thing. This is the exact same issue with the exact same interface and the only difference was that on live it wasn't just something people could reproduce - but a randomly occurring interface issue for people who literally just logged in and hit the fortification menu.

Either way, it seems ingenuine to suggest the reporting of the bug has nothing to do with how it was exploited. I hope we agree on that?
    I would argue it is very relevant to all of us players that didn't exploit it and still had a barely functioning game because of it for a week.

Some people here refuse to make the separation between the fault of the cheaters and the fault of the development team - two separate things.

At no point was I suggesting someone who exploited gets to shift the blame on the Devs because they enabled it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Blue Active Player

The thing is that people didn't even try to glitch it and it just let you do it after giganta made you crash and you put in stuff in without realising it's a bug. It's realt unfair to suspend/ban people for that. I'm sure they can look at the logs and see who was spamming logging in/off but they didn't do that. They devs just wanted to go on their holiday break while the people not so lucky to have that luxery are being told basically to kill themselfs and deal with it.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That may be the most over dramatic thing I’ve ever read on the internet.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.