Make Elite+ Critical level drop slighty better gear then elite vendor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

The name says it all, make critical level gear exceed 1 or 2 cr higher then the gear on elite vendor.
    It increases repeatablily and just makes the game more enganging in general.
    • Like x 1
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I wouldnt mind that and same colour as OP gear when inspecting the player to show its not „normal“ elite gear.

The drops could also be accoessries (rings) and weapons only so we have the „elite“ accessories and weapons back that we used to have during bounty spamm.
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I can get behind this. I can also see a lot of players calling it gate keeping and whatnot. Currency rewards I’m assuming are higher? And hopefully drop rates of good stuff become higher.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry but no. The point of Vendors is to not rely on RNG for drops any more. And the point on doing elite is to get renown to get elite gear. If anything critical should give 1-2 extra currency and increased drop rate for rarer DLC items. But adding a new gear set would mean another feat that people complain is to hard to get. Eventually this would lead to critical being made easier so that everyone can get the new set of gear.
    • Like x 3
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

And again - Elite tied to progression to make the so-called challenge easier so that the usual people can complain it’s too easy.

And we’ll hear - “but you don’t need it, pedestrian!” That’s cool. Don’t really need anything but purple drop gear, so everybody can choke on it when that’s all the majority bothers with anymore. No marks needed. Double and triple mark weeks can kiss it. And that 2 to 3 month vacation after an episode release will be great if people even bother to come back at all.

I base this on rumblings in my league. We’ve already got people that have dropped to being half-way gone because even EEG elite is nothing but a middle finger.
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This and only this. Have Elite Weapons and accessories drop in the critical mode at the end, and now you have an adequate reward for the best players without creating an even wider unnecessary gap between players (that gap is a breeding ground for toxicity, which is already present).
    • Like x 4
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If the Elite items are just weapons and accessories (rings, neck, face) there need not be any feats attached.
    • Like x 3
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Didn't Elite accessory gear have feats to them in the past? I could be mistaken.
    • Like x 2
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Yeah there arent a lot of reason to run elite+ atm, its pretty much budget SM. It should give elite acessories like some suggested + up to 50% extra marks. That way everyone has a reason to run it weekly instead of beating it only once then spamming normal elite.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

No.

This is not a good idea. It's only going to exacerbate the separation between 'elite' players and everyone else. You wanna do it for the challenge, then run it for the challenge - if there's going to be an 'elite only' reward attached, then my proposal/personal requirement for continued community trust is 'no more players doing any content testing'. You can test, or you can play. You cannot do both.

We just had ANOTHER exploit ruin the first two weeks of ANOTHER DLC and apparently it was already known about before things came out. I cannot see incentivizing difficulty gatekeeping by including rewards for the gatekeepers having any positive impact whatsoever on the final product. I can see it turning into the sentence immediately prior to it literally every time a new DLC drops though. Because it already has before this. Multiple times.

Y'all need to learn the word "objectivity" and then think about what that looks like before you ask for things like this.
    • Like x 6
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The rings and accessories are a great idea tho. Even if they’re offered on vendor, make it a chance to get them for free. I still think drops are the way to go tho. Like a t3 pet, 1% chance on regular elite. At max difficulty, maybe 10% chance. Orbitals, supply drops, whatever.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

There really does need to be a reason to run it more than once aside from feats. The devs are putting work into this and I honestly think it’s a waste as is. We’ll run it once or twice but farming will always go to the easier level. Maybe I’m one of the few “elitists” to admit that but the numbers probably won’t prove me wrong. Last dlc, full gear day one on regular elite. Ran 2 higher levels once. Why bother till fear hunt day
    • Like x 1
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

There is no gatekeeping, everyone will still be able to max out their affinities (although I believe there should be at least 1 elite+ exclusive, but thats another topic). It makes no sense for the devs to spend days balancing and making elite+ so everybody plays it once for fun and never again.

And the "you can test not play" makes no sense at all, you are making it sound like testers are abusers or that what is on test wont be found on live.
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Problem with drops is that they most of the time drop before you can even run elite+. After you've ran normal elite 10 times, 5% or 10% is almost the same. Unless its a exclusive, super rare drop like the dark robins.
    • Like x 1
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless the gear will not be affected by lootlocks im fine with it.

But if we take a second of thought into it, speedhackers will run it 24/7 then.

So i guess although its not as engaging, vendor gear is still the best option. I hated the lootlocked legendary gear from back then and im glad that has changed.
    • Like x 1
  16. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

And they get banned, easy.
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if only it worked like that. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

19. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Locking gear progression behind a difficulty that a fraction of a fraction will legitimately play and beat is a huge no from me.

There was a time when "I just want a challenge" and "hard is my fun" were the main reason harder content was requested. I could get behind that. Very quickly it became, if it's harder I want better rewards.

Elite offers more marks, more feats, and (at times) better drop chances on high value items. That's enough exclusivity.

Elite+ will have exclusive feats above and beyond even normal elite. Maybe give each step up 10% more marks than the level before it and a better shot at purple gear and 42.3 mods. But that's enough.

If you love a challenge, then play the mode you so thoroughly enjoy. But please stop the cycle of pretending that you only want a challenge because it's "the only content that is fun". Only to follow up moments later suggesting that even more challenge must mean even greater (progression) rewards.
    • Like x 5
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well, there's the feats too. They should add special titles to them? Even though on Xbox 90% can't even get passed Superman on Standard yet :/