Catch up with Feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Sammy Well-Known Player

I have been playing for ten years but I don't have many skill points.

Now there are people with 900 of them.

I feel like that's too much to catch up on if you have less than one hundred.

Please introduce away to be able to catch up on feats. I have two ideas.

1. Introduce an event where if you complete the duo/alert/raid of that old episode, all feats of that duo/alert/raid are granted.

2. Sell on the market place a package to unlock all the feats of that old episode for Thirty to fourty dollars. That way people can catch up just as effectively as a CR boost.

I hope you consider these ideas!

Thank you!
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

900? Who told you that? The current max is around 675.
    Edit: Forgot to mention you don't need max SP. You can max out the stats for your role with just 373, if you play Controller you can max out with 343.
    • Like x 3
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I know someone with 698
    • Like x 1
  4. Marcd84 New Player

This is on thing I would definitely agree with tho... It's something I think the Devs need to think about. Getting older feats can be near impossible as players don't want to run older content if they can help it.

The STU would have been the perfect way to get people to run older content with them being able to run it as a playlist for a theme on a by-monthly rotation... Which in turn will help players gather up old feats
  5. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Number 2 is a problem

Your suggestion are pay 2 win
    Very frowned upon by people that worked there @ss
    Off to get thoose feats

It'll Be A Mix Between Casuals & Elites
    That Will Clash
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I wanted to confirm but census is down.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you have been playing for 10 years and only have about 100 sp than you are doing something terribly wrong. You can complete so many feats easily without even being a good player.

Most if not all older vendor styles that were converted to source marks have had a greatly reduced cost.
    Just by running random on duty you will get styles as well.
    You can do the hard knocks feats for solos and duo. Most solos and duos have easy feats that you will normally get just by running it a few times without even trying to get sp
    On anniversaries they even give you a cr skip. Using one will give you most R&D and basic general feats. You can use source marks to buy all dlc artifacts since there are some artifacts feats that just ask to purchase each artifact for that dlc.
    Speaking of artifacts you also have some feats that ask you to level up one dlc artifact to 20
    By running random on duty you eventually get tokens can be consumed and get a few feats

Getting to just 200-300 is so easy right now since you can get there without even trying. Getting to 400 is also easy but would require actually looking out for feats.

Asking to be able to buy sp isn’t about it being hard to catch up. It’s about being lazy.
    • Like x 7
  8. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I have to agree. It’s never been easier to catch up in sp. I wish that we had some of the systems we have in place now back when I was grinding for weeks-months for style pieces, farming broker for items that are now easy to get, etc. Having ~2950 feats to complete and ~700 max sp may be daunting to look at but completing every single feat in the game is completely unnecessary and having those feats unlocked should definitely be reserved for those that have grinded them out
    • Like x 4
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

If you want to catch up on feats you have to play the long game.

New DLC came out? You don't really care about anything but the new opportunities to earn cash to buy all the old emblems and styles.

Don't be the kind of player that just logs in to do your dailies... to get gear that will be replaced... over and over. Focus on your feats. Be a completionist. It's not rocket science, but the game tries really hard to suck you into a daily/weekly routine. Don't play ball. Think long term and big picture.
    • Like x 3
  10. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Complete a duo and earn all the feats for it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Nope. That's just insane.

Buying feats in the marketplace? Nope again. That's crazy P2W.

Here's a crazy idea....... if you want the feats, go earn them. If you've been paying for as long as you claim and are severely lacking on SP, you need to look at how you play and make some changes.
    • Like x 4
  11. Roocck Committed Player

This game is already a P2W!!!! Some are still defending it and are in denial to admitting it… One good example: breaking through for those stupid artifacts you need to buy on the marketplace (behind a P2W wall), same goes for Allie’s etc….. etc….. Pffff
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

Mepps liked this.
  13. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

NB: There's 703 SP (70,355 feat points) according to https://zonexus.ca

To the Op, not sure how you can be under 100 SP in 10 years unless you have prolonged outages of gameplay, or don't try for feats. A single 3* feat is 50 points and there's +500 of them in the game now. If you'd only done 1 x 50pt feat a week in those 10 years, you'd be at 250+ SP

As far as F2P/P2W is concerned, you can reach quite a competent level for zero investment. Unless you're putting in some hefty playing time, are reeeeallly lucky with your loot and are reeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllly lucky with fortifying, you ain't getting to endgame level on your toon without spending something.

The SP grind and the F2P/P2W business model are fine as they are. They need to make money somewhere and not just through membership & inventory space!
    • Like x 2
  14. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

Neither of those examples are good ones.
    Initially, allies were p2w. Now you can earn them in game with source marks. The only outlier at this point is Nubia as she's a TC reward. With that being said, still not pay to win. You get stabilizers just for logging in so many days per month.

Artifacts? Not p2w. You can earn literally everything just by logging in and playing the game.

There were definite p2w elements when certain things got introduced. Seals of completion and preservation as well as legendary allies come to mind. They've since addressed that and made them earnable through simply logging in and playing the game.

As many have said, if you pay..its because you CHOOSE to do so. You want those short cuts which is fine, I don't judge. It's not pay to win, it's pay for a short cut.

No one is in denial, we are simply stating facts. Dcuo is not p2w..its p4s (pay for short cuts). That's all I've got to say about that.
    • Like x 4
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

And to add to this: If you want to "catch up" with your wallet...you have Time Capsules. You're welcome.
    • Like x 2
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So are you saying we should become further entrenched in the already detestable P2W??? Because i'm firmly advocating for less of that. I'd rather they focus their attention to more cosmetics with zero RNG/Gambling. But maybe i'm the crazy one for thinking that.

To the OP/Sammy: If you have under 100sp and you've been playing for 10 years, then you likely weren't actually playing much at all. Without actively seeking them or grinding anything out you can easily earn 150sp within a few months. With a little effort (but without hardcore grind) you can easily add another 100 to that. The overwhelming majority of those can be earned solo (with some Duos thrown into the mix). There are plenty other easy to earn feats that do require group effort (Alerts and Raids).

You don't NEED all available stat points. And the amount necessary to be effective is nowhere near as insurmountable as anyone is trying to make it. It really makes no sense whatsoever to advocate for shortcuts to a game that you should be playing. It's a lazy mentality that should not be supported.
    • Like x 3
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

OP is a known troll.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/please-add-new-difficulty-level-easy.318171/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...hings-behind-elite-let-us-buy-reknown.317084/

Also the same person that spams "let us equip all ______" threads.
    • Like x 3
  18. Sammy Well-Known Player

I am not a troll. Please do not insult me and say that I am.

Just because I have opinions you do not disagree with doesn't mean I am insulting people and degrading them and stirring up trouble.

Everything I ask for I really want. If it is infeasible then it is infeasible. But insulting me for asking for things isn't necessary. I do not insult any one specifically or you or degrade your opinions, even if they disagree with mine.

I am also not lazy. I work a full time job and run four businesses. I also take care of a brother who has certain mental conditions that require supervision, therapy and reassurance. My working day starts at 5-6 a.m. and ends around 11 p.m. On average about 110+ hours a week. I have about 10-20 minutes a day to maybe play. 1-3 hours on the weekend. Maybe less than 4-5 every week. less Sometimes I cheat a little and work and play if I can. Or take a vacation to spam hard on the few days I can.

Calling me lazy is also insulting. I do not insult you and call you such.

I only make requests. Disagree. But don't insult. Extend courtesy to your fellow players.

Thank you.
    • Like x 3
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Then why do you make multiple threads all with the same topic?
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You missed your chance before stats clamp. Many MANY feats were easy to get if you could get in a group to let you into the content. Those days are gone. Not that the feats are undoable (probably many are still easier than launch), but for cumulative runs where you need a checklist it takes a lot longer to bang out old raids to complete them, and for 'skill' based feats you used to be able to 1, 2 or 3 man, you now need a full competent team...sometimes willing to spend a long time trying and re-trying the same thing over and over. As several runs of FOS2 in the STU content showed....even getting a group of 8 to split into 2 groups of 4 is a challenge for some....and that's not even a feat...it's just math.

I'm not saying that soloing them was the best way to 'earn' feats, but it was definitely more effective and faster. The biggest limiting factor for 50-60% of the game's feats were A) getting in and B) knowing how they were done.....now it's those 2 things AND involving 7 other people outside your control.

Get in a group of similarly low to mid-range SP people, and start forming groups, or maybe a league. From the sounds of it there are a LOT of them here as this comment is made often. And good luck.

There are a TON of feats already for sale....they are style feats. I'm guessing you have them all? Also, several TC feats are not even that cost prohibitive with the emblems and many of the gear sets (especially if you get them when new), again, I'd guess you have all of those? Many others are solo/duo related where even in the worst draw of a duo, you could probably carry the feat to completion...I'd guess you have all of those. If not, until then, let's not talk about 'selling' the rest. If you do have all the older style, solo/duo feats, I'd guess you are sitting pretty well in the mid 300s....not shabby. Again, I wish you luck in your quest, but having 600+ SP is not needed.
    • Like x 1