My friend had a great idea.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trykz, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

He said let us buy artifact xp refund tokens for destiny tokens.
    So members can try out different artifacts.

Discuss?
    • Like x 7
  2. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I like it.
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You mean like the test server? And why would someone buy a refund token? They could simply wait for double nth exp week and trade in an artifact for another without the need to pay anything.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a free public test server while your friend waits.
    • Like x 3
  5. Trykz Dedicated Player

Fair point.
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

They would have to To pay the xp on to the second artifact.
    Under your logic, I could buy a refund token during double xp and refund one art and I’use that xp to fill two arts ;)
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

That a DCUO version of "Shortselling" xD
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

Not sure, but two arts are better than one, and giving members an edge during bonus week doesn’t sound all bad in glad he brought that up
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, unless I'd get my seals back and catalysts back too, not sure I see a value here. I can get the XP back on a 2x week and if I really just want to 'try out' an artifact (like use it for a week or few days) I'm not making the investment in seals and cats to level one up....then just say 'nah' and be happy about getting the XP back.

Plus this should only even be somewhat attractive to Console players. PC already has the test server to 'try' things. Console players can do so too, but they'd need a moderately decent PC/Laptop to get there (which I'd guess most people do).
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think we're getting another XP bonus week any time soon lol.
    • Like x 2
  11. Trykz Dedicated Player

Keep in mind this isn’t the same discussion as someone complaining about only pc being able to test content,
    There are some players who only have consoles.

Saying get a cheap laptop to test content if it bothers you is one thing,
    But just to want to try out differ artifacts?
    It’s not an unreasonable request from a console stand point imho.
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

I would assume all cats would be refunded as well, or what’s the point?
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

Although prob not seals, those are a choice.
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I am obviously doing something terribly wrong. Even on the 2x weeks I still am unable to ever level up my artifacts on my villain. That includes me donating nth metal from my hero to my villain.

How are you getting your artifacts to 200 so fast?
  15. Trykz Dedicated Player

If you haven’t checked out Lorax’s thread on inventory management you should.
    I can only speak for myself but this “out of sight out of mind” trick is a game changer lol.
    I always fortified as I received. If I’m not mistaken what some are doing is hoarding all the nth and only fortifying during a bonus week.
    • Like x 3
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thank you
    • Like x 1
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

No problem :)
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not gonna happen...not even in a fantasy world. That would reduce their revenue and bring them zero benefits, especially for the amount of work they would have to do to enable that. They want you to either pay them with your time grinding source marks for catalysts and XP drops, or to pay them with cash to buy the necessary components from the marketplace to make it happen faster.
    • Like x 2
  19. Trykz Dedicated Player

What if they factored the cost of the cats marketplace value into the cost of the refund token? Hard to discuss revue possibilities pro or con without those numbers anyway, I am just looking for posts like it’ yours with varying points of view. Thanks for pointing out the amount of work because I honestly have no clue what kind of work that would be lol
  20. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

Ok. Number 1, I second the idea. Here's how I think it should work:
    For destiny tokens, we get something similar to the recovery kits we used to get for equip mods. It could be a one time use item like armories are. Select the art we want to "salvage". When you use the item, it gives you an artifact pack.(think artifact starter pack with cr jumps) Those packs would be based on the last breakthrough that the art had. You would get the XP and the cats needed to get an artifact up to where the one you salvaged was.

As an example, you have a level 75 art, using the item would salvage the art and give you what you need to get another to lvl 60 breakthrough because that was the last breakthrough you did. It could be called an artifact extraction kit.

With that being said, it's easy enough to get an art to at least 80. It wouldn't be ideal for lower level arts. Put them on the MP and in the fate vendor. Pricing is the biggest question mark for me.

Maybe 2 extraction kits for 5 destiny tokens? 700 MC for one kit?

I'd like something similar for our origin augments. If we changed powers from one role to another (tank to heal..etc) the xp is sitting in those augments and is doing no good. Getting exobytes is super freaking easy, but having the option to get that xp back from where it's not needed would be nice.

That's just my two cents lol
    • Like x 1