Favorite quotes

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Lara, May 27, 2021.

1. Lara Committed Player

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
  2. Lara Committed Player

“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
  3. Lara Committed Player

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
  4. Lara Committed Player

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
  5. Lara Committed Player

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.”
  6. Lara Committed Player

“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
  7. Lara Committed Player

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
  8. Lara Committed Player

“A journey of a thousand leagues begins beneath one’s feet.”
  9. Lara Committed Player

“Either you run the day, or the day runs you.”
  10. darry3275 Well-Known Player

"Behold! For I have become death, the destroyer of worlds." I love that quote so much I say it to my toilet on taco night.
  11. Controller Devoted Player

12. Controller Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  13. Controller Devoted Player

14. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!”
    ~Rocky Balboa

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

~J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

secret messages can be viewed and deleted on a forum. without being seen. edit.
    >.>
    <.<
    *tech support laughs in the background and whispers just use DMs*

Albert Einstein is often quoted as having said: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Says no reputable source, but it's on the internet. so tell me, is it a publishing rights thing or a internet thang?
  16. Controller Devoted Player

17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Apparently it's apocryphal with a kernel of truth. In 1946 at a dinner party they discussed WW3 and the use of atomic weapons. As the conversation wore down, someone joking asked, what about World War 4? to which Einstein said, "Sticks, stones"
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

"How did you find America?"
    "Turn left at Greenland."-George Harrison
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Your dead, Marine. You just stepped on 4 booby traps and blew your legs off and we have to send out a search party for your testicles."-Gny. Sgt. Tom Highway(Heartbreak Ridge)
    "Every once in a while you have to take a beating."-Henry Hill(Goodfellas)
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
    "If I gave you a dollar and your father gave you a dollar how much would you have?"
    "One dollar."
    "You don't know your arithmetic."
    "You don't know my father."-Three Stooges(Hoi Palloi)
    "Roger, at Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment called the tunneling electron microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. Roger, if I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem. Thank you for your call."-Dr. Frasier Crane(Frasier)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Birth needn't be painful."
    "It needn't be, but it be."-Roz Doyle(Frasier)
    • Like x 1
  19. Controller Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  20. Controller Devoted Player

• Like x 1