Possible reward or compensation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LexxCorp, Dec 13, 2021.

1. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

With all that is happening with the augments, sounds issue, OP items, dropped CRs and over-all dissatisfied experience, I'm expecting nothing less than a comic shaded material from the devs as as a gesture of goodwill to all the players affected This may be amusing or a far fetched idea to sone and I may even get a backlash from this but this is what the forums are for, a venue to voice out ideas, suggestions to let them know what one feel.
  2. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I think giving out a comic material could stir up more issues than it solves. When you give away expensive items locked behind bundles like that, it could potentially make people feel as though they wasted their money just to have it handed out for free. That’s just my opinion though, I am 100% in agreement that compensation would be nice for all the troubles since the release of the episode.
    • Like x 10
  3. Apollo Starr Active Player

Since that is a booster bundle exclusive I don’t see that happening. However, I am sure the compensation will be underwhelming just as the punishment to the glitchers will be. The usual few source marks, xp, maybe some unlocked time capsules, while glitchers get to keep everything with a slap on the wrist. Business as usual at DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  4. Iconic Imposter New Player

I will gladly take Miss Martian's hair please lol
    • Like x 5
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I still say - new feat:

“Back from the Lack”
    • Like x 15
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think this conversation is premature since there’s still no ETA on the fix. It’s hard to judge what, if any, giveaways they will hand out since the full impact hasn’t been addressed yet (I fully expect something, but an ultra rare from a BB? Not a chance…see the reasons others have mentioned).
    • Like x 4
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

There definitely needs to be something done be it marks for a few days or Nth metal . I was telling a guy in my league the reason they probably haven't taken the game down to fix the issues in the last few days is mostly because they don't want to give out any free stuff if it's down too long.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think it's premature at all, the launch has been pretty bad and we've been without a functional fortification and artifact system for days now - lest I remind you, this is a fundamental aspect of the game we have paid for.
    • Like x 11
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just lol…

Compensation for what exactly? Are you not able to play?

First day, console players were getting dcd. Issue was resolved.

The players were accidentally able to feed stuff into items that they weren’t meant to be able to. Resulting in players exploiting the big and getting maxed artifacts/Allies. This needs compensation because?

Fortifying was disabled to fix the issue to not allow more people to do this glitch. Seems fine.

Op gear/artifacts/etc have had their stats and cr lowered due to the disabling of fortifications. This is getting patched tomorrow.

You people are making it seem like all the bugs were present at all times since launch. That’s not true. Bugs were happening through the launch but not all at the same time. The only game breaking issue (console players DCing) has already been fixed. And the fortifying issue is getting worked on. The only issue that has been present for more than a day has been the inability to fortify and that’s not game breaking. That’s just inconvenient.

You just want the material without actually doing anything for it lol
    • Like x 8
  10. SilkyPawz Bunny

So true, myself and others spent replays this past weekend to level OP items to have it be broken, this is beyond just bad, it has been going on for years now, I mean just stop rushing the DLC out rather have an engaging good DLC then all these issues where you don't even feel like logging in because it is just so bad.

Yes I would like some kind of compensation!
    • Like x 7
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

Oh for sure, I’m saying premature in terms of giving us an announcement of a giveaway. Who knows if it’ll be up tomorrow or a week from now? I’d expect a different giveaway based on amount of time it takes to get everything to an ‘as it should’ state.
    • Like x 2
  12. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

A reward or compensation for what?

Bugs are bad and Exploits can be damaging, but i've been able to log in and play fine for the last 3 days. Theres nothing to compensate for to be honest. Once everythings fixed, then i'll absolutely expect Punishments to be handed out to those who Exploited the game, but the only thing we're "missing" right now are Bonuses to our toons or a few stats from the OP Items, not necessity's to actually play.

The double-downtime we had absolutely required compensation and thats why we got it, this requires nothing except Karma for those who tried to cheat the system. If/Once that's done, its done.
    • Like x 2
  13. Apollo Starr Active Player

You are correct they don’t want to give out any free stuff, previous rewards have been lackluster. At the same time they don’t want to be too hard on those who benefit from any known glitches. Who wins the honest player or the glitchers? History says not us honest players and that is indefensible.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Usually like your posts, but there's nothing unreasonable about wanting a little bit of a better product at launch.

As for console players crashing, I play on PC and I can tell you, crashing has been exponentially increasing for the last few weeks and is even worse now post DLC launch.

A day does not go by where I don't suffer from numerous random crashes, including but not necessarily limited to when phasing in to instances, consoles crashing on Giganta isn't the only source of annoyance.

I crashed on last boss of the duo just yesterday forcing me to repeat two bosses locked, so let's not pretend like crashes are a console exclusive source of enjoyment, they are notoriously bad across the board.

I think most of us here are well aware of the reason why the fortification system is disabled and I don't think reasonable people begrudge the Devs for taking the action necessary to protect against the exploits, but that doesn't mean customers aren't significantly impacted by the fact the systems are down.

Might I remind you, the servers were down about 12 hours if that last month and the Devs gave us compensation, Given the mess that has occurred since launch where we've been without the fortification, several times now for long periods along with yo-yo'ing stats and gear which directly impacts our enjoyment or to some extents actual playability of content, it isn't unreasonable to suggest, something to say 'thank you' for putting up with the turmoil.

I certainly am not expecting a shaded comic by any means I think that's asking too much, perhaps giving everyone a booster bundle wouldn't be a bad idea though.
    • Like x 6
  15. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Stop asking for meaningless pacifiers. Demand something be done to finally be done about cheaters so this won’t happen again.
    • Like x 1
  16. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Sounds Like Larfleeze Has Been Recruiting Ppl Lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Oh sure. :)
  18. Swamarian Committed Player

Here's what they should give us;
    16 bank slots for the stuff we're holding on to until the problem's fixed.
    128 replay badges for the inconvenience.
    Rainbow Marge Simpson hair because reasons
    A turtle combat pet that roots the enemy if/when it finally reaches them, because I'm tired of enemies jumping around like rabbits on acid
    A "You are wrong!" T-Shirt. Not for our characters, for us.
    A giant hammer that goes "Boingie"
    A Jason Momoa combat pet with fabulous hair
    • Like x 3
  19. Apollo Starr Active Player

I get that the devs do no wrong in your eyes. Some players saw no gain from the glitch. The players that did will see no punishment (citing past expoits, dupe, glitches etc,) I now have less inventory space since I can’t fortify. Should I stop playing u til it’s fixed? Sound glitches, op items, the list goes on. I ran the alert with no sound on y first run. You can defend it all you want, but if the goal is to gain new players this dlc is a fail. I have played from the beginning, so I can make do. If I was new to the game I would bail, too many other choices. That was the point of the last dlc right, new players? Please get off your high horse and come back to reality once in a while.
    • Like x 2
  20. Dillon0_o New Player

As someone who has bought quite a bit of boxes to get the shaded comic material I think they should give one free chance for everyone, or at least members to get one. Do i think they will? no, but I hope my judgement can be proven wrong.
    • Like x 1