BumblingB's Ep42 Review

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Emoney Dedicated Player

I'd give this DLC 6/10

I also agree, with the last DLC being a filler for time to fix things and make this dlc....I expected way more, but that's on me I guess, since we dont really know what the devs are fully up to.

As to the alert, I hate it too, because of the BwL fight. I'm just really confused about the mechanics. First day no problem, second day Idk what was happening.

When the robins and gas spawn, we are supposed to kill adds, avoid smoke, and block the ally attack that happens....THEN as BwL has the icon above his head....

Are we supposed to just quickly touch the gas, or stand in it???
    The first day, I quickly did it, took a lil damage, but kept fighting. Yesterday, I touch it, and I tick down health after the BwL attack for like 30 secs as a tank, it's insane.

I guess I just dont get it.
    • Like x 3
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

The way I’ve tanked it is avoiding toxin when it first appears, yet, moving towards a spot that has toxin, then when the cog appears I hop in toxin and block until he dispels toxin. You will still take damage it seems no matter what, but you take the least amount doing it this way. I don’t know the technicalities of the mechanic, just being honest, but I have completed it several times as a tank using this method.
    • Like x 1
  3. Stardazer Committed Player

Yeah, most people in my league, including myself, just found this DLC to be lackluster. It's not bad, but it's just not living up to the hype. I'm someone who is very story/narrative heavy. I like how DCUO usually takes a comic storyline, but always adds their own flare to it. But something about this storytelling fell flat. I'm already just waiting for Pt. 2 to come out.
    • Like x 3
  4. BumblingB I got better.

It is fun seeing stories come to life and interact with them. Definitely fell flat.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dwild Well-Known Player

The duo was ok if a bit simplistic. Alert was a bit silly imo and the raid was just grinding away at 4 bosses. As for the DLC itself...this is an epic grindfest beginning to end. You have 4 bosses in the main city, four daily quests, get so many turrets, so many robots, so many bombs. It's reminiscent of the 4 bosses in the Amazon and the Legion DLC's which they abandoned afterward but have now returned once more. Essentially the same dog, different fleas. And as always, after bashing your way to fully geared on the last DLC, your top end armor is bested by Blue drops on the first or second day. A change in each boss's attacks but...the same thing in the end. It's not bad in itself but it's repetitious. And by the time we finish, we'll be bored. And they kept in the craft up your mods .... which I hated when they first put it in and hate now. It's just freaking dull. But you gotta get the feats and it works because I AM Obsessive/Compulsive so I'll be chasing it as per usual.
  6. Dwild Well-Known Player

Oh, and will you please fix the sound issues? Hate having to log out of the game and reenter every time I change to an alt.
  7. Apollo Starr Active Player

I totally agree with your opinions. I have yet to play the raid, with all the glitches I have been waiting till they are resolved. I played the alert once and with no sound it was awful. Once I figured out the mechanics mxy wasn’t difficult just annoying. With one duo alert and raid, I do not see this as a long lasting dlc. Disappointing after the clamp/save the universe dlc. We waited 8 months for new content to get an open world with bounty spams and three instances. Can some explain how a sub is worth what it was?
    Great review by the way.
    • Like x 1
  8. Destinywlf Active Player

id rather the Mxy part of the alert be solo. when I do figure out what buttons to push! unlikely 4 players will do it correctly.
    those! balls obnoxious! Id love to see them go away!!
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

It's still not at the same level of grind that Wonderverse and Flashpoint had. In those two, they were on a timer, they provided their own marks, the stuff you bought with those marks were required to get the best gear, they had 100 counts for each boss. If you weren't there doing a full cycle every 30 minutes, you were hindering your progression.

With this current DLC, it feels like they were planning it to be like the bounty DLCs, but because they scrapped it, they let it be two open world weekly bosses that provide the same marks as instanced content. The kill count for the feats aren't nearly as bad either. I think it's 20 per each of the 4 and 50 for giganta. Which, even if it went into EEG, will be still on the list of farming, like the old bounties for source marks.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There are no glitches in the raid itself...so no reason to not play the content.
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

map is the PVP Moon base
    having lived for years in the pvp world
    the first thing i was saying to my buddy when i went into the duo was I know i know this map and after a min it hit me this is the dang moon base. they just added some back ground
    Im sure its a new location to any new player that has come around since they killed PVP so I'm sure they will enjoy it to me it was a let down as i wanted new but at least its a little challenging on elite and have been having fun with that
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Hey, I know the assets were reused, but the map is altered from the PvP moonbase. Smaller too.
    • Like x 1
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I wasn't calling you new brother I know your not i was just making a blanket statement that im sure it is a new location to a lot of the player base
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Well, you can also compare it to Hive Moon Base PVE instance too.