Running Our of Patience With This Completely Botched DLC Launch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

So let's take a look shall we?

-Giganta hard crashing console players on the first day
    -Missing stats on purple STU gear on launch
    -The Artifacts / leveling glitch which creates a cascade of problems from in-game economy to people feeling cheated, to the tab being disabled, to the erosion of trust between players and the devs
    -OP items being borked today
    -Sound completely broken and just going dead regularly
    -Rip Hunter going away & STU vendor feats missing
    -Crashing zoning into the third boss encounter in the raid

Sure things happen but this is ridiculous and falls well outside of what players should be reasonably expected to put up with in a game that's known for being janky and full of glitches.

Can someone please get it together and tighten the ship up? Because it's just a clown show at this point.
    • Like x 31
  2. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Games and content these days are being released less and less polished more and more often. The pressure that game devs get from investors and financial stakeholders is worse than it's ever been.

Unfortunately what's happened and continues to happen with content like this is now the new normal so don't keep your expectations too high because if you do, you're just going to be disappointed and sad every time.
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Still not as bad as Hand of Fate's launch.

I do agree, this launch has proven to be the most buggy in years.
    • Like x 13
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Thanks for triggering open world crash PTSD :p

But seriously, if Hand of Fate is the bar we're using... yikes!
    • Like x 5
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

This is when communication is key. Bugs happen, but can we get a ETA? A sorry gift?
    • Like x 6
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t forget about the sound and missing Rip Hunter vendor feats :p
    • Like x 2
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Hello! Added 'em!
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Most of the issues aren't with the episode itself (sure there are some bugs) but with the fortify UI and levelling system. Which today is kinda game breaking in the sense that everyone's episode/origin augments and OP gears have been completely scaled back.

There have been worse episode launches.

Let's count our lucky stars the episode wasn't released this week instead. Issues were to be expected sadly. :(
    • Like x 2
  9. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

It’s laughably bad. Can we at least get an explanation about what’s going on behind the scenes? We know you’re working with a poorly modified engine but you’ve had 11 years to iron out the kinks yet here we are. Also, aren’t you guys salaried? What’s preventing you from coming in on the weekends?
    • Like x 8
  10. Patrick_Jones Level 30

FOR ONCE in EP.42, TAKE YOUR TIME DEVS...
    Have long and "ENOUGH" Maintenance time to
    MAKE DCUO GREAT WORKING AGAIN?

[IMG]
  11. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Man i just find out my neighbor is glitch abuser and thats the reaction to all of this :
  12. Patrick_Jones Level 30

iirc, Hand of Fate released in 2012 ...
    2012!!
    Michael Jordan was still playing sports back then...
    it's 2021 now... almost 2022...
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

This is why new DLCs need to be on test for more than 2 weeks.
    • Like x 8
  14. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Maybe people who testing should get money then 1 week will do .
    • Like x 4
  15. EP Ice Loyal Player

I’m going to add that OP item levels have dropped as well. Hands are at 297 and back is at 287. My Cr went from 252 to 248 and I lost stats. My might went from 104k to 96k. This is just getting ridiculous at this point and I’m pretty sure someone’s going to try and justify this.
    • Like x 5
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's in the original post :) But to be fair, it's easy to miss with the long list of issues
    • Like x 1
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

its not that bad, heck back in the day we lost all chat for like 2 weeks this is nothing just DC at its finest. I have to say they have gotten way better at these releases but this one seems to be going pretty rough
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Worst launch is still DLC 3 Battle For Earth
    • Raid breaking glitch on Gates of Tartarus where the cyclops wouldn't throw the rock to break the door and couldn't progress even to 1st boss
    • Tank Vendor Gear has less defense stats than previous tier
    • Roleless buff applied to Raids so raid groups refused to run with tanks because they received the better defense buff without them
    • Earth was lackluster for both DPS and Tanking
    • The Brainiac bounders made the SS races in South Gotham incompletable as solo player and had to get friends to aggro and pull away the bounders from the race path
    • PS players couldn't even attempt to go near South Gotham because of glitch were the Brainiac npcs would keep spawning at the sub-avatar location
    prob other things I missed
    • Like x 8
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  20. Swamarian Committed Player

There's an exploit? I knew that catalysts were being used up, even with a seal, but I didn't know of an exploit.

My issue is that my main's inventory is mostly full of henchmen/orbital/pet variants, waiting on their consolidation "soon"(tm). The stuff that would go to augments etc. is quickly filling up my inventory. Also, I couldn't access the upgrade tab on Friday, then I could on Saturday, and now I can't. I have no idea if this is fixed, under investigation, or what.
    • Like x 1