I thought people made that clear!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HooLeeCow, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

Do I look like a priest or a developer why do you think I care about all your grievances with the game? I really don’t. I asked a specific question that deserved a specific answer, not all this extra be from you. Idc if your big mad about the game bro.
  2. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

Since I couldn't edit at this point. I'm correcting my math lol. It would be 110..not 90. Not sure where my mind was lol.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm already at the 15 or so mark on Giganta just getting to a phase the last 3 days where she's active and then working on some bots count and ultraviolet dailies, and swinging over to get some shots in...even got few black mantas when some of the group went over on him...they are close enough for shared credit if you are near the center. I get in a grodd phase when doing lex daily, and a cheetah one when doing doomsayers. I've spent about 10 min in Doom DC each day and I'd guess all 3 of those will hit 20 by next week...maybe it will be my Xmas present to myself to finish them off if still not done.

And yeah, as far as the bounties go (IMHO) WV is worst because of the timer (50 hours min)...not counting phase hopping which will probably no longer happen with the lower population there. You can pick them off with dalies if the phase is good, but that's still 100 days of going there. The legion 75s also are timered, so 38 hours there minimum or 75 days. Although CC 500 takes 56 days (more like 63, assuming you only get Abra or Zoom each day...it's quicker NOT to wait for the random spawn and take the extra days), if you have a good route, you can get them done in 10-15 min....so about 10-12 hours spread over the whole feat....then Starro, Metro DD, Hulk, bot...whatever...all these are worse than these bounties.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honestly, if you get in a group that is doing Giganta and Black Manta is also running, you can double up on credit...so it is kind of 90 if you get the 2 for 1 sale.
    • Like x 1
  5. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Nope you could get rid of feats altogether and at this point it would only help the balance of the game. New and old players would only have to rely on gear for the game play and not have to compete with players like me who has over 600 sp that destroy them in everything cause I have played this game for years. I can't get old friends to return cause they see the sp grind and won't wanna try. You could pull the hole sp system out and the only thing it would really do it balance the player base. You can just do a achievement vendor and put chroma's, aura' and styles and other stuff. That way old players will still have something to show for the years of grinding and new player will still try feats to get achievement points.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

1. I love the idea of using sp to purchase cosmetics even if this means removing the stat bonuses.
    2. To any experienced player, the sp aren’t a real deterrent to coming back, they know they will be popping feats three at a time, plus if they were really a player player they already a couple hundred (achievable in t3) so they will see that it won’t take long to max out their primary stat with out any real grind.
    3. If there was anything that I know of deterring players from returning it is definitely the perceived gap between no artifacts and full artifacts and then knowledge of how much real cash or real time it takes to max any of them.

This is obviously just my opinion as replying to your opinion, neither of us have the data to make a factual statement on player populations but it’s a fun thinking exercise lol
  7. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Oh I didn't touch on the artifacts cause the subject was on feats but what you said about them is 100% correct. I have been playing dc since 2015 and have had friends leave and even had my hole entire league leave when eso came out. None of the players I started this game with are around and even though we are still friends on psn none will come back cause of sp and then the ones who did left fast cause of artifacts being to long to level. The spendy the jump skip dc offers is really ineffective and they just leave and go back to eso or final fantasy 14 cause they hate the sp grind and artifacts. Really u should be able to compete with me in dps if we are using the same rotation and power but thats not what decides who has most damage between to dps of the same power it sp and artifacts and sadly they decide for alot. We just went over 300 sp on might. That mean anyone with over 370 sp will have 30% more might. Even if we both have 200 arts it won't change the fact that I have 30% base might over someone who only has 150 sp. 150 sp doesn't even get you 100 in might with crit chance and crit damage. Again your right about arts accounting for to much as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

Sorry to hear that, this game is way more fun with friends! I was in the same boat, but I have been recruiting heavy to filll that gap lol. If you’re ever looking for a new home War Party would love to have ya ijs :)
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I don’t mind the “Kill x 20 times” feats as long as they spawn somewhat quickly (the doom bounties are a dream in that regard vs Patchwork). However, I do wish the entire bounty system was reworked a bit to scale in difficulty based on number of players in the vicinity. Some of those older feats are pretty impossible to get at this point unless you’re running with a league. I have a few I’d like to tackle, but at this point realize that’s probably not happening because nobody visits those zones (Brine King, Titans bot, and a few others).

Obviously feats are optional, and these specifically are probably under 20 skill points total out of something like 700, but I would still like to see them be easier to attain if you’re not there the first week/month of the DLC.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not going to disagree with anything you are saying, cause it's your opinion....I just want to point out that unless you are talking about PvP fights (which no one was really talking about and it broke for SOOOO many other reasons than SP differential), the fact that you believe beating someone on the scoreboard equates to 'destroying them' is part of the issue. The goal is to complete the content as a team...not be the 'top' dps. Yeah, higher dps helps get things done faster, but we just went through a major overhaul that supposedly made the game 'better' that goes 100% against getting things done faster. I can take a low SP farmer account into a run and heal, tank or troll just fine assuming I cared to gear them for that role (farmers are 99% dps for me) and have done as much even in DPS gear if in clamped or upscaled content where the gear doesn't really matter that much (no, I wouldn't 'no gear' role an endgame run). Will I put out as much heal/power/agro as someone with 600 sp? No...of course not, but will the raid get complete because behind that farmer is a knowledgable player...yes...yes it will. And when those same toons get into something as DPS, they probably come in last on the DPS numbers....most of the time. So what? Someone has to be first...someone has to be last. As long as you get it done, isn't that a win? Wouldn't you rather 'destroy' the bosses vs your team mates?

I'm pretty sure no one left the Patriots or Tampa Bay because Tom Brady would always get the spotlight on a win. He wasn't 'destroying' his team mates by throwing a TD then winning a game (or super bowl).
    • Like x 1