Fixed "Enable Role Optional Alerts" Off not working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Sep 2, 2021.

1. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

the role optional setting is not working mine is turned off but when I q into the save the universe I keep getting paired with 3 dps no healer or tank
    • Like x 25
  2. Mr.W Committed Player

The new omnibus menu is forcing us to q both roles.
  3. Sprangs New Player

I can confirm this bug. I just tried queueing in 3 times and every time is was 4 dps. I double checked and my role optional alerts options is off. The new omnibus people have to select the roles they want to play by checking the roles boxes in the upper left hand corner
    • Like x 1
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

This is definitely not working. In all honesty though they need a Role buff optional setting. In my opinion nobody even wants to use their support rules anymore it's a dps world out there now more then ever before. because of stats revamp and how slow beating content now is and artifacts. people only want to go with the fastest way out and that's dpsing with dps arts. With the feature of roleless buffs so many people in alerts do not understand how that actually works and how 3 dps will make it so each are doing 36% less burn thus makes things much much longer in the sense of one of those DPS being Overpowered and the others being noobs. This will turn the overpowered dps stats down to a noob aswell. Therefore making alerts extremely long for nothing like hitting a rock in a hard place
    • Like x 1
  5. Mr.W Committed Player

Lets give the original poster more thumbs up so they fix this faster :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Sprangs New Player

Agreed :)
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Now that the instance in-progress issue has been dealt with, this problem needs to be paid more attention to.
    • Like x 1
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

This hurts my soul too. I very much prefer to play in a “pure” style. I prefer running a troll in alerts. I prefer running a 2-2-2 setup in raids. I just think the runs are always smoother. And the 10 extra minutes means nothing to me, especially in light of the fact that I know an extra troll and an extra healer are getting gear which means I’ll have better chances of finding them easier in the next dlc. I completely understand anyone that differs and would rather run all dps and let the role less buffs carry them through. More power to you, you can run that way. Not being able to que into a role required instance is a big let down to me, because I can’t play the way I prefer.
    • Like x 3
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

Bumping for votes
    • Like x 1
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

Bump please for the love of whatever god you worship up vote this!!!!
    • Like x 2
  11. Sprangtastic New Player

Having role optional alerts set to off is not working. Using the custom menu selecting the newest alert ( I forgot the name) I was put into a group with 3 dps, no roles next to their names only the flame symbol of a dps. The next time I tried using the custom menu I was put into a group with 2 dps and troll with me being a troll as well. Please look at this setting since it has not been working since House of legends.
    • Like x 2
  12. Hamicrux Level 30

Bump. This is still a problem. The One Who Waits is nearly impossible without a tank and a healer given average skill levels.
    • Like x 4
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The setting is not working properly when on either. If I queue up as only support it doesn't register that I queued up as that support role.
    • Like x 1
  14. Trykz Dedicated Player

Funny how we’ve come full circle on this topic aye Lorax.
    • Like x 1
  15. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Bump.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's hilarious.
    • Like x 1
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Up voted. +1
    (USPC)
    I've been trying: open settings, turn on, save, turn off, save. I queue for alert with only Controller role selected. Am being put into groups with all dps mostly, give it a second for them to change role... nope. l leave.

I was put into a group with 2 healers today. One healer left and we got a tank, and we completed the instance.
    • Like x 2
  18. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Yes, this needs looked at, soon would be great. I've only one alt that I random que for things, always in tank role, and it's quite boring taking 15 minutes to kill a little boss because 3 dps died within the first few minutes.
    • Like x 1
  19. Trykz Dedicated Player

20. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Ever since that rip hunter thing dropped, all alerts give us random players without regards to roles. My setting is off so the game will find 1 of each and not 4 troll powers. Please turn it back on and or fix it.