Style Unlocking - Enhanced Time Capsule Styles price

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Brandon-richard, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Im sorry who ever made the decision to make the enhanced styles cost replays you gonna get backlash from players just brace yourself that is all i'll say.
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

You and I both know its too ate to make that change no matter how right of a change it would be.
  3. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

As far as I’m aware, the old enhanced styles from time capsules do not drop anywhere in the game besides their respective time capsules, so no, not all enhanced styles drop like regular styles. I don’t believe I saw any sort of warning that this would happen. Enhanced High Density, Mid-Nite...you’re saying it’s intended that they cost replay badges to unlock now? Not a super cool thing to do your customers. Messy.
    • Like x 3
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I have been debating replying to this because I feel it was an extremely cheap move to do this without telling the community in advance.
    But if you made "virtually every style in the game unlock-able" then you would also have made all of the seasonal styles available as well as the styles that only drop in the Lightning Strikes and Battle For Earth content.

It's bad enough the styles aren't unlockable on the account as it should have been from the beginning of the game but you still have too many items trapped behind the "Cannot Trade" tag that should be account bound at best.

For whatever reason it always seems that when it comes to styles in this game and the availability to get them on our alts (or our mains if an alt gets it) the dev team keeps playing dirty pool.
    • Like x 3
  5. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I do want to add a correction as I am going thru all of my toons styles to see what is what, it appears that some of the content gear is there for unlocking (Daggerpoint, Thorned, Webbed, etc) but the account I am checking first does not have all of them unlocked and it will be a bit until I get to the other one that does have them all to be unlocked if needed on alts.

I will also say some of the previous vault items are now there and available to be unlocked (Batman Boxers, Batman Hoodie, etc) .
    But at the same time the Demonic Tail isn't able to be unlocked and the Contemporary Shirt is nowhere to be found by unlocking or in the Fate vendor with the other Lockbox items.

Another thing for everyone. The older Enhanced Embems are still free.
    Better grab them on your alts before they are given unlocking fees as well.
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

Wow, wow, wow!! A massive thank you is in order to those of you who participated in this thread.

Server Hotfix - December 13, 2021:
    If this change extends to the newer Enhanced TC styles (Drowned Pirate, Hero of Kandor, Primeval, etc), then that is a HUMONGOUS WIN for us all. Holy s***!
    • Like x 7
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Is there a post listing what styles are still not unlockable? Just curious. :confused:
  8. Jcal Dedicated Player

Resurgence Mega Capsule styles are currently off the table. That's a pretty big category right there. All of the powerset auras, the various accessories, and the most recent Mearcian cosmetics. After that... I'm sure there are a few unintended stragglers.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Seasonal styles are unavailable for unlocks as well
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Ugh!
  11. Eve YouTuber

Yus!!!!
    • Like x 2
  12. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Yeah... tell me about it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

Mepps any word on why we can't unlock seasonal styles yet?
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So are enhanced styles supposed to be free now or am I not understanding the patch notes?
  15. HiHowAreYou142 New Player

yay finally! the beyond suit is unlockble again!
  16. Jcal Dedicated Player

Mepps' wording was poor here. "Existing Enhanced styles" would mean all of them. They simply reverted the much older Enhanced styles (pre-Hero of Kandor) back to how they were - Free. Still an appreciated change.

But... :( This could have been BIG.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ah.