New Furniture from Episode 42?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Achikah, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Achikah All About That Base

So far, I've run 3 characters through the dailies, elite duo, and alert and so far I haven't seen any new furniture items drop, off bosses or out of boxes. I also noticed the usual Base Item Box was absent in the vendor as well. I'm hoping the raid might offer up something, or perhaps my luck is just terrible today, but I have to ask for those who were on test or might have been luckier than I...

Are there any new furniture items in Episode 42?
  2. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

There actually aren't any for this episode. Cantbspeak forget may or may not happen in its future though
    • Like x 2
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Nope .
    • Like x 1
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

It was stated earlier when it was on test that there is no new furniture in this episode.
    • Like x 2
  5. Achikah All About That Base

That is really disappointing.... :(

Thank you all for the responses, really appreciate it.
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Boooo i demand abe lincoln for my base xD
    • Like x 1
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

no new furniture, 2 recycled styles ...
  8. Achikah All About That Base

XD Yaaa... I would definitely have loved that, at least for a collection/briefing completion. It is a niche item, but I mean, so are a bunch of DLC items.

Despite some reuse in areas, there were still really nice moments/items that would have made for great DLC furniture. Stuff from the moon base, a holographic Lex display echoing SM trophies, the graffiti/Lex propaganda that's around DC, the Umbrax orbs. Honestly, I was really holding out for a League Hall version of the reflecting pool from one of the collections... That would have been so amazing... :(
    • Like x 2
  9. Eve YouTuber

Recycled Styles??? Neither was in the game before, so don't even.

To OP, They said not with launch but they might add them later like they plan to add to Episode 41, hopefully It will happen.
    • Like x 2
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

There is a "Kryptonian" and "Sector Incendiary" style, but bowl pad, because "you already own that style",
    sigh...
    I hope furniture later, there could have been some cool things to do with this DLC theme !
  11. Eve YouTuber

These were like that since the game started... the only new styles are always the event and vendor gear...:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have base items this time around for a variety of reasons. This IS sad, but it's not the new normal. We like base items.
    • Like x 6
  13. Achikah All About That Base

I can't say I'm not disappointed since base items are at what I look forward to most, but I also do understand. Plus, from what everyone's said, it seems like the dev team was completely transparent about this for awhile now and I missed the memo, so that's on me. Honestly, I'm just really glad to hear this isn't the new norm, that's a huge relief.

Thank you, and everyone else, for the clarification, appreciate it.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you are referring to the Green and Blue gear drops, that is pretty standard fare for every episode. If you expected otherwise, that was your own fault since they have not given us any reason to expect the Green or Blue gear to be original styles. That is always reserved for Purple Drops and Vendor gear.
    • Like x 1
  15. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Would love to hear someone argue now that they aren’t focusing on Marvels game. The last 3 DLC’s have been recycled maps, dialogue, and bosses. And now they didn’t even do new base items. Have you seen the Christmas feats and items listed in the vendor?

Come on, it’s blatantly obvious people.
  16. Eve YouTuber

I thought Charon said some might get added later? This is really disappointing.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Woah, not even any coming the chase weeks? No Ultraviolet Lantern Wall Banner to round out the set? None of those Ultraviolet emitters from the open world and duo? Not even an Ultraviolet construct pet? No Lex Luther Doom electronic billboard from the open world? No Doom graffiti? Those all seem pretty easy to do.
    • Like x 1
  18. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Is it because the whole community doesn’t benefit from lincoln, the address or uncle sam? Cause that would suck :/
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Two separate games are being worked on by two separate dev teams. The DCUO staff is working on DCUO. The other game, which hasn't even been officially announced yet, has its own development team.

Episode 42 has a brand new map of Washington DC, iconic NPC refreshes, new characters and character dialogues. Episode 41 was a major game update, iconic NPC refreshes and introduced a new reoccurring event. Episode 40 gave us an unbottled South Gotham, iconic NPC refreshes, new characters and dialogue. Episode 39 gave us new maps, iconic NPC refreshes, new characters and dialogue...

Shall I go on because I'm so confused at what you're complaining about?
  20. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

It’s cute that you believe that. There’s really only three plausible scenarios here. They need all hands on deck for their more profitable MMO, they are working with a very small skeleton crew, or they just don’t care. With how much money DCUO brought in last year, any one of these options are unacceptable. Where is the money going? It took them nearly a year to give us a rushed DLC absolutely riddled with bugs.