Grimorium idea/question

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Just for giggles, let me pose this question
    Could the devs update the grimm to set the PI of our choice rather then only the pre-determined one?
    (Im looking for discussion, obviously they “can”, im posing this as a “why dont they or why should they”

I dont know squat mostly about the other powers so am genuinely asking as i dont know the implications.
    Quantum seems pretty balanced between both PI’s and to me its frustrating to use grimm and by extension, cut my loadout options in 1/2. New possibilities and potentials open up if we could equip grimm and select a check box for which PI we want it applying.

It wouldnt break quantum but perhaps it would break other powers possibly?
    Seems a change that could be and possibly should be made.
    What says everyone else?
  2. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Its likely because of a Majority thing.

Since the Revamp, most powers only really utilize 1 PI now. As far as I can remember theres only 4 powers which are still on the old 2 PI system, Gadgets (4 PI's), Quantum, Mental and Electric. So a decision was probably made to base it around the Majority of powers and just 1 PI. They likely looked at the FoTM Loadouts for the remaining 4 powers and chose which of the 2 PI's to go with from that.

Should they change it? Probably not. Looking back at all the recent exploits that were abused in the game or continue to be, unfortunately its very likely someone will find a loophole in the system and then we'll be stuck with 2 exploit OP Powers. I'd prefer if things were much more simple and people could just get requests like this, but theres always someone who ruins it for everyone.
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Oh agreed for sure.
    Im quantum and have a pretty nasty destabilize loadout. Its a i fo quest with selfish motives for sure because currently i run lerneas in there when i have heals and strat when i dont. If i could get grimm to set a destabilized PI instead, the strat would be gone in favor of grimm and that build would easily outclass my graviton charge loadout.
    To be fair to the above statement im speaking in general. Each wouod situationally be better and the 2 loadouts im referencing are universal. They both have some AOE an ST so i can use them w/out swapping armories all the time.
    My “tuned” loadouts are a dif subject
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Instead of changing an already established artifact perhaps they could create a similar artifact but with different PI setups?
    • Like x 2
  5. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Sshhhhhhh!, no new artifacts for a while, I still have a few I am building up...lol
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure, seemed simpler to adjust rather than create but yea, either way.
    In a game of choice and option, it just seems designed to be restrictive in that it eliminates 1/2 of ur power options. Seems backward is all.
    Heck, why not expand loadout potential an have it set both PI’s lol we could do some crazy loadouts an really mix things up then hahaha
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't understand why powers like Quantum and Electric have 2 damage PIs anyway.
    • Like x 1
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

If I recall correctly, while it was on the test server, for electric, it was requested to make it setup the polarized pi. Perhaps it was the same for quantum.
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I thought all powers had 2 options?
    Of course, before i lost my acct in an identity theft, you had to spend sp to unlock down the tree(s) of your choice for the 2 dif PI’s
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im sure requests were made depending on what the flavor of the week or current meta was for sure.
    All kidding aside (as alot of this post is kinda joking around)
    It really doesnt make sense tho because when you have 2 PI options, and an artifact sets only one, your restricted to 1/2 what you could be and that does really limit what powers like quantum can do or even consider doing.

Dont get me wrong, i have like 5 dif loadouts an some use grimm an some dont an all are pretty nasty.
    Not complaining really, just questioning
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I completely relate. For electric, I'm not sure anyone used the grim for pi, then polarized powers. I remember someone about a year or so ago, asking similar about gadgets I think, regarding grim. Definitely a pickle lol
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nature used to. Fire doesn't.
    • Like x 1
  13. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

If I recall nature originally had Terrified and poison. So it had a synergy with mental I don't recall too well but didn't terrified up poison dmg.