Constantly feeding generators and boosts is STUPID

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Microwave, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Ryll Committed Player

I am speaking for myself? Question mark?
  2. Ryll Committed Player

Yes.

That does not change anything about what I have said.

Not a single thing.

This is a fact:

In game, we have to re-up the generators in our bases to get rewards.

That is the way it works. That is not my opinion.

If you go back to one of my earlier replies you can see where I gave my opinion on having an option added to the lair system where it is automatically renewed provided the player has the funds and marks available.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

An option which was even agreed upon by the player you were disagreeing with initially... and by me. It doesn't matter if the prestige is a bonus or a reward, we are drowning in it.

I will take a QoL over what we already have currently, all of the suggestions in the thread so far have been good.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ryll Committed Player

I never disagreed with anyone about anything. I literally said what I do every Wednesday as I am in game on my characters. How and why prestige is involved in lairs.

It does matter that prestige is tied to the rewards from lairs. They are literally tied together - this is the fact that I have maintained all along in every single one of my posts in this thread.

I then brought up how they are continuing to tie in new updates like the ally system to lairs. Which is another fact. Not my opinion.

The only opinion I have ever expressed in this thread is the desire to have a toggle to keep re-up the generator power cells and mods as long as the play has the funds and marks to do so.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

You literally disagreed with the OP and two other people in this thread to not have an overhaul of some kind to the lair system for the sake of an irrelevant amount of prestige being tied to the the lair rent.
  6. Ryll Committed Player

My first post:
    "Every wednesday, I check the upgrades and renew the generator. They both affect how much prestige your lair generates for your league.

It literally is a few seconds of my gametime to do so."

2nd Post:
    "No. You don't have to stay in your base or visit there often. For me, it is literally the last thing I do before switching toons on wednesdays.

To generate prestige for your league the batteries need charging and upgrades need to be active. You also have to visit your base after reset day to collect the prestige.

So a minimum of 2 trips / week into a base is required for prestige.

Which is exactly why things drain / expire in bases - because it affects how much prestige your base generates."

3rd Post:
    "If you don't visit your base often...that's on you. Nothing anyone else can do about it.

The re-upping of batteries, mods and even amount of / type of decorations in your base are all directly tied to the amount of prestige the lair generates for your league. It makes sense to not just give players free prestige by having the batteries and mods be a one unlock and done thing. After all - do we get any prestige if an instance fails? No, we don't.

I think it does make sense to give players the option as to whether or not they are automatically re-upped - providing players have the money and the marks available to do so."

4th post:
    "I am mentioning prestige because the battery level and mods are tied directly to it.

If batteries are maxed and mods are paid for...you get prestige. If mods aren't active and batteries depleted...no prestige generated from them.

They are literally tied together."

5th post:
    "Again, do we get prestige if we are in a raid and it fails? No we don't. Even if you have beaten that raid 1572 times previously."

6th post:
    "There is no agree to disagree with this. It is a fact in the game.

Prestige is one of the rewards for completing instances. It is also the reward for keeping your generator batteries and the mods from bases renewed.

It literally is that simple."

7th post:
    "ttps://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Prestige
    If people don't enter their bases that is on them. Not the games fault."

8th post:
    "Not in the least.

It's a fact within the game.

Mods, generator level literally have ALWAYS been tied to prestige level given every week.

If players don't go into their lairs (or use mainframe bots).....that is their fault. Not the game's fault."

9th post:
    "Unless they restructure prestige I can't see it changing. Seeing how they have also tied in generator levels to allies I don't think a change is coming anytime soon."

10th post:
    "Actually the level of the battery in your lair does affect how much prestige a lair is generated.

The only thing I have done in this thread is answer why there is an upkeep. The reasons why there are still upkeeps is exactly what I have said is every single one of my posts so far."

11th post:
    "Actually the level of the battery does matter. A battery level with 0% doesn't give any prestige. It also doesn't allow for any for any other prestige generating items like Mods, Item type & count etc....to be gained.

So yes. The battery level does matter. The OP mentioned they were sick of "sucking" when batteries and mods aren't enabled.

Zero and more than zero....and 2 different levels."

12th post:
    "This post got me thinking. You are right - it is a 2 menu process. That you have to complete.....how often? 2 weeks for the power cells? And for the boosts.....7 source marks every 60 days?

OH NO THE HORROR

Mainframe bots aren't a money sink because you don't have to buy them.

All people have to do is go to their lair once every 2 weeks to re-up."

13th post:
    "I know you mentioned no check on percentages....that's why I said zero...and more than zero.

The boosts & mods both give additional prestige, but they fall into the "more than zero" category for the power cells.

I fully acknowledge how much prestige is gained from them.

It doesn't change anything about it being a fact in the game that in order to have the mods & boosts available for players being tied to prestige.

The OP posted the question about why do they "suck" without the boosts and why going to lairs is required.

I provided an answer for him.

Because they are tied to prestige. That's it. It literally is that simple.

If you read one of replies you can see that I have always thought there should be an option to auto-renew the generators, mods and boosts provided that players have the funds and marks available.

You don't have to explain to me the benefits of having them change.

You also brought up the level of the power cells and I gave you an answer that is also a fact in game. There have tied the ally system to the level of the power cells. That isn't a should they have. That isn't a change it to this. It's a fact in game that they tied the ally system to the level of the power cells."

14th post:
    "Having alt's is a choice. Having mainframe bots is a choice.

I have alts. Everyone has alts.

Going through a 2 menu selection process every 2 weeks is negligible."

15th post:
    "Oh no.

28 marks.

Whatever shall I do.

How many times have people mentioned we are swimming in marks in this thread?"

16th post:
    "I am speaking for myself? Question mark?"

17th post:
    "Yes.

That does not change anything about what I have said.

Not a single thing.

This is a fact:

In game, we have to re-up the generators in our bases to get rewards.

That is the way it works. That is not my opinion.

If you go back to one of my earlier replies you can see where I gave my opinion on having an option added to the lair system where it is automatically renewed provided the player has the funds and marks available."

18th post:
    "I never disagreed with anyone about anything. I literally said what I do every Wednesday as I am in game on my characters. How and why prestige is involved in lairs.

It does matter that prestige is tied to the rewards from lairs. They are literally tied together - this is the fact that I have maintained all along in every single one of my posts in this thread.

I then brought up how they are continuing to tie in new updates like the ally system to lairs. Which is another fact. Not my opinion.

The only opinion I have ever expressed in this thread is the desire to have a toggle to keep re-up the generator power cells and mods as long as the play has the funds and marks to do so."

Those are all my posts in this thread thus far.

SHOW ME WHERE I SAID NO OVERHAUL WAS NEEDED.

All I have done is post literal facts from the game about why we have to re-up stuff in our bases to keep the boosts.
  7. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Not saying you said it wasn't needed, I'm saying you disagree on having an overhaul because you think the lair system can't be changed because of prestige, as in the 9th post:

"Unless they restructure prestige I can't see it changing. Seeing how they have also tied in generator levels to allies I don't think a change is coming anytime soon."
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

Well, I do agree with the OP, when the mainframe goes down, it sucks. I notice immediately with my channeling powers and SC.

Initially this was all a pretty good idea. Ya know, when base mods were the only other way besides gear, to customize our playstyle. But now, with artifacts, OP items, Allies and DLC augments, the mainframe needs to be auto granted imo.

With a 10 year old account and 500+sp, it probably isnt a big deal. Most people at that level have artifacts chosen, mostly leveled, and are near the top of progression. 35 marks and 4500 cash a month to keep the base mods going is no problem, just annoying like the OP stated.

But, as a new player, its overwhelming. During my 2 year break from USPS, I bought my wife a Switch. She played some DCUO on there, and then I had to try. Let me tell you, starting out now trying to decide between marks for gear, styles for sp, artifact catalysts, ally catalysts and building up all levels of mainframe.....its insane. Even with the new system and abundance of marks, it doesnt ever feel like enough. I'd love to see mainframes stay functional without a currency dump.
    • Like x 2
  9. Ryll Committed Player

Yes. You verbatim said I disagreed with an overhaul.

Verbatim.

They are tieing in new updates to generator power cell levels. Not seeing a restructure because they are tieing things in is >not the same as me saying it doesn't need a change<.
  10. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

I didn't say you said it doesn't need a change. I said you disagreed on it having an overhaul, because of you thinking it is tied to prestige.
    • Like x 1
  11. Canadian Justice Committed Player

The generator upkeep is a seriously outdated system. With the cash cap changes, it's no longer even a minor inconvenience for non members to cover the cash cost. Marks are plentiful and a non issue.

The only thing the upkeep now provides is an annoyance of the "rent" running out mid mission. There's no way to renew early for the mark boosts. Even if you know it's coming there's nothing you can do but let it happen. You can either wait and do nothing of importance while it expires or do some group content and have it expire mid fight.

A system that offers annoyance as a key feature should be reworked.
    • Like x 4
  12. Ryll Committed Player

It is literally tied to prestige. As of right now. This post. It absolutely is. Regardless of the amount of prestige it generates.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Definitely see this as well. Same experience on the switch and to be honest, was a voice of concern back when they did the overhaul of costs and merging of boosts back with Monthly content. Old players spending 7 marks to keep the boosts up is a trivial thing. Spending 50 marks to unlock one boost is like trying to choose between eating lunch that day or paying for gas.

Though, I do admit, post DLC41 has alleviated the mark gain problem a bit. Since all content provides marks now.
    • Like x 1
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

That's the perfect analogy too. I'd add though, those truly new players dont even know the difference between lunch and gas and which one is more beneficial.

As a vet starting on Switch. I know that the drops will attune to my cr and I can selectively open boxes to impact my cr the most. I know, I dont need to buy a single piece of gear until I reach true end game.

But new players dont know, and buy gear. That right there makes it even harder to activate all base items, build artifacts, augments etc.

And even more, we havent even talked about the fun factor of just buying stuff to make your character look the way we want. We gotta pay off the base, buy artifact catalysts, buy augment breakthrough stuff, Ally breakthrough stuff, OP item catalysts....

But youd really like that sweet aura or material on the vendor for 100 marks.

Good luck.

Guess which one a new player would get, the aura or mat, and pass on all the stuff they need lol.
    • Like x 2
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I just checked. I'm going to have to park two characters outside their bases today and tomorrow since mine expire tomorrow while I am at work. I'll throw some mainframe bots in my shared bank. I still wish they would just let us pay in advance. Many have asked for that ability for years. 24-48 hours early...
  16. Aren Sul Committed Player

I completely agree for the generator cash. Every character I've created has made more than enough money to support the cash needed for years just by playing the game - meaning it becomes nothing more than a chore and an annoyance when you forget. Given that, since its inception, I never quite got the point of this considering the type of game we're playing. What's the real game-experience driver in making you recharge the generator? Visiting your own lair? Using a mainframe bot? Never quite sure.

As for the boosts, those sort of make sense in that your character must 'work' in order to get a better edge - still not crazy about it though. However, the most irritating think about the boosts is that (for some unknown reason) you can't recharge them ahead of time. You must wait for the time out - which can happen in the middle of a boss fight. Even the ability to be able to recharge them a few hours ahead would be extremely useful and logical.
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It's a well thought out plan that was executed in a outdated way, perhaps the Devs can look into that, and maybe update it as a career for our Superheroes that we create, you know like Supergirl being a reporter as Kara Danvers, well I would like to see jobs added to this game, It's potentially a good alternative from PvE money grinding.
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My only issue is that you can’t renew them early like you can with league buffs.
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ummmmmmmm....NO!!!
    [IMG]
    I already have a Job outside of this game. My job here is to stop the bad guys evil plots.
    • Like x 1
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I actually liked the way jobs were implemented in City of Heroes. You log out in certain locations/businesses/Government buildings and return to have a buff applied for 30 minutes based on the type of job. No effort required other than remembering to go to the location before logging out.
    • Like x 1