Remove faction divide and server merge?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Krual1, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

No absolutely not for US/EU server merge the economy on US is just broken and irredeemable that not to mention the lagging it most likely cause on both continent's for content in general. Factions though I think it could be explored of getting rid of that barrier, but still keep the morality function even though we all technically mercenaries anyway just have different ethics on how we do the job.
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

"We want" + "Lots of technical issues" <> "It's in the works". At best it's still "We want", and at worst it's "We can't".

Having said that, I believe that dividing the game (and so the playerbase) into two factions was an awful idea from Day 1 *in this game*.

It doesn't really allow characters to be anti-heroes, altruistic villains, or neutral - and limits NPCs that have moral ambiguity to one or the other faction. Black Adam is probably the poster child for this division.

DCUO set out with a very polarised view of morality, and it's come back to bite them in the ****. In an idealised MMORPG set in this Universe, a player's actions ought to define where on the sliding scale of Hero and Villain they exist, not a base Character Creation choice that is then locked in.

From a design perspective, That would inevitably grant rewards for being "Good", "Evil", or "Neither" - stray too far from the zone and you lose something? And it would have eliminated the whole Group issue. MMOs live and die on choices like these.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

In a live stream earlier this year, they straight up said they can turn off the divide, but because the game was built to not have that happen, there would be secondary problems that will arise. We've seen things like that happen with other updates, where them fixing something breaks something completely not related. Heck, the group list still breaks to the original ordering, which was something they changed in 2012.

House of Legends is the start of this, but they want to make sure the game does not just completely break when doing it.
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

that's were the game is heading and should have happened a long time ago its been years since the factions were actually even slightly different
  5. GermanM Committed Player

wow, second time i heard about the economy in US server... ¿is really that bad?
  6. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

I have friends who play on US side even some are from US using the Dcuo launcher to switch servers and US players always comment how cheap broker stuff on EU side are then US side.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I've played on USPC/PS, Switch NA, and EUPC/PS.

It definitely is out of hand, but I think a lot of players are just scared that they have to deal with that awkward normalizing that happens when the servers are merged for crossplay. It happened when PC and PS merged. It happened when Xbox's US and EU servers were merged. It works out fine and players move on.

But in comparison, the servers that didn't experience the same level of glitches as the US PS one did, there is a huge difference.

On the switch, a VERY rare item can go for at most, a couple of mil, but usually 10-200k.
    EU we are looking at a few million.
    PS we can see it go at the low end of a few hundred million to some being in the billions.
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Of course.

We brazilians became independent to make fun or the portuguese accent.

US citizens became independent to make fun of the british teeth.

Argentinians became independent to claim they are the whitest nation of the americas.

Mexicans became independent to be able to take a siesta in peace.

All of those are valid reasons.
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

So you're Brazilian?
    • Like x 1
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

According to Mama Wallachia, yes.
    • Like x 1
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Is that Atrocitus? Lol jk... Brazil is in South America I'm in North America. I only heard of NA and EU.
    • Like x 1
  12. spinza Well-Known Player

I play us server I don't have lag issues

I am from Japan if PC and internet is batter then maybe not much lag
  13. Nangaf Well-Known Player

Yep it is time to put all in one, im agree, better for life gamer if we have more people, reduce the time to queu, hope we see that soon
    • Like x 1
  14. GermanM Committed Player

Im with you in that, could be nice if they fix the issues in game.
  15. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I am in London and been playing on the US Server for about 9 years and never get lag due too server location. I still have characters on the EU sever and occasionally log in there and there is no difference with performance.

What I can understand is the EU's worry regarding Broker pricing being out f control on the US server, as frankly it is. There has been a number of threads about this but I think they are reluctant to fix this issue because of the negative feedback from those players who hoard billions.
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Gawd no. Even giving the people the option will just make it harder to get villain groups going as some people will betray the villain side. It will also give the devs more reason to give us little to no content. 2 days in on a dlc and I have yet to log on to my main out of principle. I mean aint going to say never as I like my cr to be high. But I think its going to take some serious drinking to get through episode 42.
  17. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

To the devs. It was nice having to fight a Superman and Lois on this dlc. So good job there.