With STU 1st phase coming to a close soon...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Sorry if there was a thread on this, didn't see one currently but with the STU event leaving us for now ushering in Episode 42 what were people's favorite Raids, Alerts, Duos and Solos that were repurposed? For myself I liked taking on Phantom Zone and FOS2/Power Core again for the Superman stuff. People complain they're a bit too long but some of us like longer Raids/Alerts personally. Didn't care for Science Spire, I remember running it when it was current when I first tried out DCUO in highschool I think and I kinda disliked it. Didn't like any of the Wonder Woman stuff unfortunately. Throne of the Dead is one of my least favorite raids to be honest. I like Iceberg Lounge as a solo even if hearing Harley's jokes a few many times, haha. Inner Sanctum is ok I guess. So anyone else have any particular faves? Or nays?
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

My main is a hero and was shocked when I played Family Reunion with villains. Gotham in the DAYLIGHT! Holy crap!
    • Like x 4
  3. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Inner Sanctum (elite) is probably my favorite raid of the bunch, but mainly because the first boss was my tanking baptism. League (and I) decided to throw me into the cold water there :D Took a whole bunch of wipes, learned to quickly and efficiently get it stuck too, but eventually I got quite competent at tanking it normally as well :) Brother Eye is a bummer though, what even is the point of a tank once it's out? On half the runs I just switch to dps then.

Family Reunion (elite) is my favorite alert, but I'm biased because Origin Crisis was my favorite episode.

Themyscira Divided (elite) was excellent tanking practice as well, but I don't like skipping adds in the hallway towards the temple. And Wonder Woman with her near-instant reflect is super obnoxious.

I least like Throne of the Dead, because I spammed it a few times beyond my "I'm sick of it now" limit. Mechanics-wise it's actually pretty cool I think, and way more bearable since the most recent Essence adjustments.

The rest I don't care much about. I'll run it, get the loot and stop thinking about it. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

FOS 2 is the best raid that DCUO ever put out by a pretty wide margin, so running that again without demolishing all of the adds in 1 shot was nice. Inner is my second favorite so enjoyed that quite a bit as well.

As far as the rest goes, solos/duos are my least favorite content in the game. But alerts wise, Family Reunion was enjoyable to run. I always preferred Brothers in Arms, but again this was another nice nostalgia trip.

I hope they decide to make STU a permanent fixture sooner rather than later
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I enjoyed FoS2e the most. I didn’t get to join a TotDe raid for reasons which was the one I wanted to do. Oh well. I personally didn’t like ISe. Te last boss always felt boring for my personally with having to wait for Batman to get the consoles instead of “helping” us with adds. For the alerts I really liked all of them actually. Out of the 3 Id say that I liked FRe the most. I didn’t get to do the TDe unfortunately. And as for the duos/solos, I really enjoyed SPe and HoHe while not really enjoying the long talking in the penguin solo
    • Like x 1
  6. SpyderBite Active Player

Inner Sanctum due to it's relatively linear path. Gave me an opportunity to really learn how to be effective in a support role without worrying too much about complicated mechanics. Now I'm much more confident in more complex raids.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

There's only one thing I'm truly happy with - it's that ELITE SOLOS now exist! That is something I've wanted for years. No more excuses going forward. Next time there's a Solo, there better be an Elite option.

Thanks for that, STU.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Elite Solos and Duos are really a great update
    • Like x 3