When can we expect to see the Base Items vendor?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

It still means relying on RNG. When they could just put it on a vendor and we will farm the currency for it by running whatever we want.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I like it, I usually can never get enough base items tbh, in a nutshell it could look like this

Step one: run old content to see if wanted base items drop
    Step two: it does or it doesn’t drop, least u are getting currency for it, assuming it would cost source marks
    Step three: buy desired base item box or more of them with source marks u gotten
    • Like x 2
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

id like it if i could buy base item boxes for dlcs (well the ones that didnt have an open world or otherwise offer a BI box) and one vendor would make that a boatload easier, but i dont think the buying individual items is a great idea.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

The idea is to sell them in packs (Sunstone pack for example) or Silent School Pack etc, not individually of course
    • Like x 1
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

apologies i was attempting to cover the whole concept of base venders, cuz we both know someone was gonna ask for solo item purchase lol.
  6. Ryll Committed Player

I get that Zoe. It is a literal step back in what they are trying to do in terms of omnibus. Would you honestly run like PZ alert for sunstone items if you could just run your dailies, save up and buy them from a vendor?

That is what I am trying to explain. I can honestly say I would not run older content period if I could buy the items from a vendor.
  7. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

You don't get it do you if it costs source people will have to run content to get the the marks to buy the base items, how on earth do you get won't be run much if you need run contents to get the marks. Im asuuming it won't be just singular items it be mixture of packs and singular even if it is you still needd marks as i assumes base items might be pricey.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ryll Committed Player

Yes I do understand.

This is what has happened in this thread so far. Zoe brought up a base item vendor again because she wants to get some items she wants to decorate with. I mentioned that I don't see why she can't get them because I get them just from running dailies. Zoe says she doesn't run the content anymore because it's tedious. We talked about how RNG is different for everyone....because.....well it is different for everyone.

If someone doesn't run the content now to get the base item drops they want....and they add a vendor to get them....chances are really really high the person still won't run the content where they can get it as a drop. Why would they? When they can just save up whatever amount of currency and then buy them.

They have brought in stuff like STU and Omnibus to get people running older content again.

So....introducing a vendor for base items when chances are high people won't run the older content where it drops is THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE DEVS HAVE DONE RECENTLY.

That is the problem I see with introducing a vendor that lets people buy specific items or packs of themed items.

I can see them introducing a vendor to consolidate all the base item boxes currently in game.

I can and hope they introduce new base item boxes for episodes that currently don't have any.
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yes to this, there are may items I am missing to complete base decorating, this will be a great QOL change.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As long as it's appropriately priced, sure. Something that would take 100 runs to get randomly shouldn't cost 1 mark, same as something like the common base item drops in Wonderverse or Metal 1 Gotham. Not saying 1000's of marks, but 40-50 a 'rare' item, sure....maybe 100 for something truly desirable and rare.

After all if every base can have unlimited of every item...what will make decorators unique? Some of the best decorated bases look the way they do because someone went and got a LOT of something people have a hard time finding.

I don't really have a dog in this fight...I don't deco and I hardly farm anything since the clamp...not worth the time. But some do still, generally for the purpose of resale...sometimes just to use. I'd guess the people who are going to 'use' them will love the idea...those who sell...won't.

EDIT: Also, how do you think this will further impact queues where some of them are done to farm these items?
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....more FOS3/BD/Necro/DD. That will help those LnW/AnB/Bombshell/DWF queues and completions. And yeah, it would depend a lot on price.
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The only one I really care about is the Pile of Gold Coins base item

[IMG]

I’ve run the content it allegedly drops from, but it never drops. It pops up on broker almost never after the stat clamp; and when it does, I’m not paying a ridiculous 30 mil or whatever for just one of them. I need hundreds of these things.

So, I would love to see a vendor just for those coins. I could do source marks forever, but not a billion dollars for just 33 items.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

Nope I doubt it will stop the farm because people still needs to farm Source Marks to buy the items. I am not talking about elite drops, they can remain as elite drop or cost accordingly, I am talking about selling them in packs because relying on RNG everytime you run the content is tiresome to say the least.

I farmed most of my items from content, I have few bases on every character I own (28 characters), so yes I work just as hard on my bases. But getting a little help with old items nobody even bother to sell on the broker and most just donate to league hall for prestige,
    then yeah, I like the idea of having a vendor. It wouldn't hurt no one, honestly. Most people sell collections & seasonal base items & rare styles, they could care less about old Sunstone base Items.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And as I replied before, that Source farm will be in the places we already see the farming going on. Why would someone run DWF to get 10 marks when you can get 10 in FOS3 or one of the other 'easy' or 'quick' runs?

How about a box that gave you a choice instead? Then you'd be guaranteed a good drop in a specific run where the items drop, and be less subjected to RNG...while still having to run some specific content?
  15. Eve YouTuber

It's literally going to have next to no effect on these runs, you can't also force people to run a raid they don't want to run. And tbf for DWF It's still better to get a lfg group rather than random queue...

Those base items are never on the broker like ever, so why do you guys care so much? And again you are not a base decorator so you don't get the struggle of getting those base items or need to have x amount of something. Charon was more than happy to discuss the idea and even brought up who could be the vendor, like Cheetah or John Stewart if he wasn't at the league halls part. So the Devs are on board with it, which means they don't see it cutting into Omnibus runs. Most people don't care about selling base items that aren't seasonal base items because they are not worth that much like you guys make them to be. This isn't a cosmic chroma we are talking about, this is an old base item.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ryll Committed Player

Zoe....base decorating is my favorite part of the game.

I have a youtube channel that showcases players bases as well as my own.

You have literally said you don't run the content anymore.

All of the base items you have suggested are drops from running >daily content< right now.

How many times has Oceans, Mepps or Redfive liked ideas from players chats during livestreams only to immediately say afterwards that just because they like an idea does not mean it will be incorporated into the game.
  17. Eve YouTuber

My comment wasn't directed at you. I was talking to Reinheld. You're ofc Free to comment or whatever, but don't act like it was directed at you when it wasn't.

Ok, so you don't like the idea I get it, but you haven't added anything new and your fear of Omnibus run failing has no basis, sorry.
  18. Ryll Committed Player

Ah Reinhald. I blocked that person a while back so in my view of the forums your posts come right after mine.

I also don't fear omnibus failing. I have simply pointed out that adding a vendor goes in the opposite direction of what the direction the game updates have gone and used your own posts to support it.
  19. Achikah All About That Base

This is number one on my wishlist of things in the game. That and account bounding all furniture consumed to one pool rather than on individual characters.

Decorating is what motivates me to even play the game. Most of my source marks go to base item boxes and knowing there's a big chunk of content where specific base item boxes aren't available is really frustrating, especially since everything from Lab-Doomsday have such large loot pools, sometimes spanning 2-3 whole DLCS, and you need one specific item.

I'll always run old content to hedge my bets for furniture drops. It, secondly, fuels my source mark collection for base item boxes. However, when you literally need 50, sometimes 100, of a single item to boost the immersion or feel for a base, just relying on content run RNG is abysmally bleak, especially since those runs could take much longer with the clamp in place. Furthermore, over half the isolated content for said furniture drops could potentially not drop any furniture- solos, duos, and alerts put generator mods, plans, and source mark drops in with the furniture RNG table. So, not only are you hoping on getting that specific piece of furniture, you have to hope you get furniture at all.

This all being said, buying from the broker seems the most appealing to the decorator- it's a for sure way to get the exact item you want. However, at least on the USPS/PC server, inflation makes even this difficult. A good deal of DLC specific furniture is inflated once the DLC is irrelevant to most of the community, and highly coveted ones can range in the 10-20 millions per piece, meaning it'd take millions, if not billions, to get a base complete.

Putting this vendor in the game would be one of the BIGGEST QoL for base builders.

It offers more stability in an already highly unstable element of the game.

We're not going to quit running Omnibus, we're not going to quit buying from the broker. Most who build bases will continually build bases and continually need furniture. The addition of this vendor will only help us create more bases in less time for less money while also helping us to dream bigger since more items would become accessible.
    • Like x 4
  20. Ryll Committed Player

The alternative that I have always wanted that would affect more than just the base decorators in the game is the addition of being able to setup a "buy" option on the broker.

If you need like 17 luxury coffee tables....put up a buy shop for that item with whatever quantity and price you are willing to pay for them.

It would help practically everyone in the game by possibly bringing the inflation into some sort of control and also help out base decorators specifically if people had an option other than donation to a league or just straight up selling the items to vendors.