Was the T.O. Morrow Bounties supposed to be impossible to defeat solo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Asentmah, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Except for OP's Home Turf bounties which are A) not clamped B) OP is already way above the +15 cr range.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

my response to the OP - video included - was "you can actually run the bounty 25 CR early than you thought you could" but sure, paint the exact opposite picture if it makes you happy... who cares how accurate a statement it is...
    • Like x 1
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

1) That statement does not apply to you. Thus far only 1 who replied that was one of my targets.
    2) You're running as a tank. Out of all support roles, tank is the easiest to solo bounties. It's literally your job to survive.
    That is not to say it isn't good work, and you've even tried to match how your stats would work under the clamp, but that's still a self-imposed challenge with artifacts and allies kind of muddying the waters.
    3) I have sorcery heal solo'd all Home Turf bounties at level lord knows how many years ago. I know it's possible. It does not mean it is possible for everyone and soloing should be treated as an outlier, not an expectation.
    4) I didn't enjoy soloing these back then because of how long and trite it is. I didn't solo because I wanted a challenge, I had to because no one was willing to help and I need to do the feats. Which btw now that there are no guaranteed loot choices just makes this worse.
  4. TANK69 Well-Known Player

When I was pointed the fact, that the clamp just ducked up the soloing of the old places bounties, the clamp crusaders came and saved this garbage idea. Those, who didn't care about the game, just for the little part, where they play. But, unfortunately, they are the loudest.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

1. Don't make blanket statements if you know they're not accurate.
    2. A Tank in 100% DPS Gear and using Artifacts that can only be called Artifacts in that they technically are Artifacts. 77 whole SP. So nothing that anyone else at the same level couldn't have reasonably accomplished.
    3. I'm aware of what is and isn't possible; I used to do it on a straight Mental DPS with shields and a sword, no Arts, no Allies, no Pets and no Heals. If she can do it like that, it can be done by a shocking range of builds.
    4. I used to solo this because it was a great place to practice Counter mechanics and it made a good personal bar for how for my character was coming along. Now I can solo Doomsday; and it's still fun. Except for Calculator Bot. That thing can kiss my ***.
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

What?
    • Like x 1
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

1) I don't know why you want to insert yourself into a comment that does not apply to you in the first place. Did you recommend OP to obtain higher cr to trivialize the bounty? I don't see it, the closest thing is you stated it's easy while having end game stats but you didn't endorse it. It's not about you.
    2) You still have tank role bonus that boost your defense and lower power cost on your combos.
    It is not reasonable to expect others to accomplish what you did considering how well you know the game.
    3) Gadgets and Mental have the distinct advantage of 2 detaunts as well. I've seen gadgets dps solo bounties on test server too. It does not mean everyone can.
    4) I agree soloing is fun. Killing people trying to get in the way of my soloing can also be fun.
    It does not mean everyone wants to solo or finds enjoyment in it. Some just want to get their missions done
    Oh and, uh, I can solo calculator. and oracle.
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

1. no, I came in here to you staring down your nose at Everyone and figured maybe you literally only read one response and decided that it applied to Everyone. the amount of backpedalling you're doing now suggests that you're at least aware of how questionable an approach that was.
    2. defense bonuses are a lot more meaningful with actual Defense stats to drive them.
    3. oh, I know that now - but eight years ago I was running it without a Robot Sidekick, or the use of Invisibility, so kind of a moot point.
    4. I never said I couldn't solo Calculator. I just don't like the fight. it's like metal donna troy - lots of cheesy mechanics.
  9. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

1. I didn't apply it to everyone. I very clearly stated it's about those "telling others to trivialize bounties by getting their combat rating up".
    You didn't.
    2. Defense is found in DPS gear. It's dominance that is not found there.
    3. moot.
    4. I find it fun. Shield-piercing damage challenges the strategy to survive.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

1. you said it was hypocrisy on the behalf of stat clamp supporters. I support the stat clamp and came in specifically to say "no you can do that like a tier and a half ago". like a post and a half above where you decided to say something lambasting stat clamp supporters.
    2. Dominance is the primary stat an Atomic tank uses for Healing, which is their most critical mitigation mechanism; otherwise you're just a crappy Ice Tank with absolutely inadequate shield coverage.
    3. "Moot" - transl. "I don't have an adequate rebuttal to that point so I'm going to dismiss your comment out of hand, even though it obviously applies since we're talking about soloing Bounties and you were doing it with a build that doesn't employ any Support Role bonuses or even use of the primary mitigation mechanism of the Powerset in question - literally just walking in with TK Shield, HLS, and a sword and beating the fight using Counter Mechanics and the occasional Soder"
    4. The issue is the extra mechanics - there's a limit to the amount of running around I want to do in the middle of a Bounty, and the fact that he can teleport you away in the middle of doing those is obnoxious.

Anyway, feel free to reply again - you seem like an "I NEED THE LAST WORD" type - but I gotta go finish ribs, family dinner.
    • Like x 1
  11. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

1) I said it's hypocritical for stat clamp defenders doing that specific action. You only met the first part of this criteria. You're basically saying #NotAllMen DCUO stat clamp edition at this point. #NotAllClampers
    2) I see you sneakily divert the attention after I corrected you about defense stats. It's still an upper hand compared to non-tanks who can't rely on this aspect to mitigate damage.
    3) Moot as in you said moot so I agree to drop this line but retain number 3 so everything correlates.
    Again, just because you can do it doesn't automatically means everyone with any rotation can. Not everyone knows the mechanics better than the number of fingers they have.
    4) So... you don't like the bounty attempting mechanics that is designed for a group to complete in the first place. That's not cheesy. There is also the option to not take down the dome.
    Oh ho ho you're not gonna like Black Manta. Thank me for them adding bombs, I did throw my support behind it.

If you have to misconstrue my words... and one that wasn't even targeting you in the first place... you can't blame me for replying. I'm persistent.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Those are open world Gotham/Metro which isn’t clamped. So the super awesome stat clamp aka the best thing that ever happened to this game doesn’t even apply to the topic.
    • Like x 1
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

They aren't clamped, correct.
    The reason for exemption appears to be developers have no idea how to implement this on Gotham/Metro.

So if you support stat clamp, which is so "content isn't completely trivial", then turn around and tell others to take advantage of a situation where you can make content trivial... then you're a hypocrite.

Do note this does not say all stat clamp supporters are hypocrites, just those who did the action that is contradictory to their support. JFC.
    • Like x 1
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You might be right. Now that I think about it, on days when I've craved steak, I've said "a good steakhouse is the best place to to eat dinner." But then on days when I've craved pizza, I've said "a good pizza place is the best place to eat dinner". I guess it's a hypocrites life for me.
  15. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Just to clear some things: My main is a CR347/560SP Ice Dps/Tank.
    Today I tested out something: The Central City bounties are working strange. The 2 targets which are in the zone are clamped. They didn't do much dmg at all, so its a piece of cake in any role. The others, which are at the main cities are not clamped, so its a one shot - one mark job.
    The T.O. Morrow bounty which are at the main cities as well are not clamped and as I saw they cr is lower then the CC bounties which are clamped. However, its not a one shot, but still didn't do nothing.
    Lastly I just tried Battlezone Metropolis with the Superman bounty. Its clamped ant hits like a truck, so even with clamping, and the stats which I have, cant solo it in dps (which I did in a blink of an eye before this clusterduck clamp). I am pretty sure that I would be able to solo it in Tank spec, but it will be timewasting.

The clamp is a joke. It's not working (except in the alerts and normal raids, but meh), its not fun at all, and not just trashed the open world zone content feats, the old elite raids renown are also unreachable.

Oh and fun fact: At this moment I am qued for normal STU raids as a dps. Its 116 mins and 42 sec at this time and counting. Great work, good job.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ok, so unless you aren't playing on the US servers I can't say I'm terribly surprised by this. The time stamps on your post puts you playing around 5-6 AM Eastern on a Monday morning. Hardly what I'd call an ideal time to try raids and definitely not a time when the servers are going to be hopping with activity to begin with.
    • Like x 2
  17. TANK69 Well-Known Player

After 200+ mins, it popped up, but I just didn't que :D. Its EU Server, and it was around 11:45 when I wrote the post :)
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Fair enough with the time difference, but I think my point still stands. Even with it being later than the time stamp suggested for me, Monday morning/early afternoon might not be the best time to try and use for gauging queue times and the like.
  19. Asentmah Well-Known Player

I’m going to clear this up since I thought it would have ended at the person sending me what seems to be a helpful link and I say seems because I didn’t read through it fully. I’m on the villain side and she is 118 Cr with 123 skill points and her arts look something like this 116,71 ,and 60. The problem I was having was more so directed towards the villain side of T.O. Morrow Bounties. I should have made that very clear that was my mistake.

Thank you to everyone who were being helpful and testing things out I pray RNG bless you with what you want from it in this game and any other you play because you did not have to do that so thank you again. Maybe for story reasons the villains sides T.O. bounties were supposed to be more difficult then heroes?
    I don’t know but they are definitely impossible to defeat solo at this time.
    • Like x 2
  20. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You made no mistakes. The expected difficulty is usually designed to be equal between factions, the difference usually boils down to how the specific enemy fights *ahem* Mister Freeze vs Carol Ferris *ahem*. In the case of Home Turf bounties, there are a lot of bosses to choose from so how you deal with them can be different. They are designed to be completed by a group in the first place, it's perfectly fine that you aren't capable of dealing with them, so ignore the noises where they push for you to solo just because they can and ignore your capabilities.

I don't know why do you do those bounties now, but in case you are doing it for the loot, they no longer have exclusive styles attached to the bounties (with no forewarning and explanation but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). Just giving you a heads up.