Omnibus> Alerts> Phantom Zone> Omnibus> Alerts> Phantom Zone> Omnibus> Alerts> Phantom Zone> Omnibus

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Catastrophic Repercussion, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

***** for looking into this. This is **** helpful.

Genuine appreciation with bait aside, I'd also like to reiterate that I run at least 8 characters for the Omnibus alert which the system might not have factored in. Or does it? The role selection always messes up when I switch.
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Moot. The word y'all want is "moot." Not "mute."

Not "mute," which means
    Carry on, as this point is now moot.
    • Like x 5
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I've Been Silenced!
    jk, thanks for the correction.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not sending you into the alert again is going to be per character, so it would be unappealing but likely not a bug if you are swapping characters and getting put in the same alert for each one.
    • Like x 5
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Mistyped that in my haste apparently hahaha
    Well played :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Basically what your saying is that even tho we could Q everything via on duty for 10+ years you spend a large chunk of a dlc giving us omnibus (a system we already had but we all knowingly chose to opt out) basically saying we know you dont want to play this way but look, play this way anyway.
    It isint working well so your going to double down and dedicate even more time “perfecting” a “Q all” system we had available to us for 10+ years and again didnt want to play that way……..
    Well, thats just outstanding……..
    You got me mepps, im at a loss.
    Rather than design something new, bigger better instances, etc we can look forward to you doubling down on a system we had but never used (on purpose) even after we lost 1/2 a dlc to get exactly what we didnt want.
    I mean, how exciting :(
    • Like x 2
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Understandable.
    Still, should the one alert have an unusual queue performance (as supported by other testimonies on this thread, I'm interested in what the internal data shows if you care to share), then it's not just a between account thing and should still be investigated.
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

I know, from my experience and from watching LFG, that people are running/grouping TDE and FRE, but simply running reg for Phantom Zone. That may just be correlation, but maybe that’s why you’re getting that, seemingly, more frequently. Are you queueing normal/event/elite?
  9. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Title: Omnibus> Alerts> Phantom Zone> Omnibus> Alerts> Phantom Zone> Omnibus> Alerts> Phantom Zone> Omnibus
    I've said this before, elite-participating players are not the majority, thus their having an outsized influence of the Tier 3 version does not make sense.
    This is also happening when Superman rotation is turned off. See previous testimonies.

Either way, this conversation is over with devs looking into the queue. I'm tired of treading old ground.
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

Haha…was wondering what all the greater than symbols were…my mistake, will reboot brain. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Could you walk us through that logic? If lots of characters are consistently ‘randomly’ queued into an instance significantly more often than one would expect, how would the account those characters are attached to negate that as an issue? If it is indeed the case that characters are getting overdosed on Phantom Zone, you’re saying that’s likely not a bug in those circumstances?
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I want walked through the logic of doubling down on the time they already wasted giving us a “brand new system” we already had.
    Lol JS
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

The “brand new system” is a way to cut development costs. The more ways they can find to serve up recycled content, the less original content they have to produce. It’s December and so far we’ve had one new permanent raid this year. The problem is that they are burning the candle at both ends - less content than ever, more cash grabs than ever. It’s deliberate. Your complaints are just noise. I realise they can’t respond to every question on here, but the most prescient queries are ignored, while the idiotic demands are cherry picked for sarcasm and short shrift.
    • Like x 2
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure
    • Like x 1
  15. TANK69 Well-Known Player

How about that If I que up to omnibus alert as a healer, 2 out of 3 times the group be like 2 healers and other stuffs. Just why? But If I que up with another character which is dps, usually we got no healer. Its just absurd... Good work, great job.
    • Like x 1
  16. BugReporter2000 Active Player

I got a better one: Omnibus < Raids < GOM < Omnibus < Raids < GOM < Omnibus < Raids < GOM < Omnibus < Raids < GOM <
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Do you have the 250 count done yet? If so...100% agree. If not, why not take the count unless you need the gear drops or maybe the hand catalysts?

I'd guess the reason it pops more often is someone is queueing it from custom for the count, and your omni is filling the group. I get your frustration (mine is when I queue solo and Iceberg pops) as you are burnt out on running it, but on the clamped mission, it's a fairly quick and easy run, and counts towards the 250, so why not just knock it out and kill 2 birds?

Personally I make sure to get my 'real' run done for marks and gear IF I still need the gear before running my omni alert. That way if it pops, I don't sweat the loss of 'loot' and take the 2fer. But I'm only at about 100 of the 250, so the count....counts.

As far as why TD doesn't pop...it's quicker and easier....why leave? Honestly out of the 3, I hit FR way more often than PZ when doing my omni. That one people bail on a lot it seems as the scorecard normally looks like a league roster list.
  18. Tarn Level 30

"mostly later stuff" - PZ was poping constantly even when wasnt in STU, and there was FR or TD, so if its bright, warm and bigger then earth then dont say its light bulb, only face it that its bug and fix it, because, like u said, Omnibus is for lower players(or lvling) and not only for players that are at PZ tier CR.
    Beside - even today where 3 alerts are in STU, i qued Omnibus 10 times, and suprise, 10 times poped PZ.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I know it takes coding, but couldn't you just take 'special' runs...be it STU or whatever else comes down the road...out of the potential Omni runs altogether while the 'special' event is running?

Personally I don't have an issue with it... I'm a fan of '2 birds-1 stone' happenstance and hardly omni queue, so it's not an issue...but I think that's the ask... NO characters would hit PZ while STU (in it's current incarnation) from omni...period.
  20. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I refuse to do that alert ever. I have every feat for it and hated how difficult the elite was 4 save the universe. Literally did elite when it was released as a new dpc and first boss was the easiest of the three boss fights but it seems dc is just giving the bosses 1 shots in elite now. unless your rage it just suck. Every time it q as a omnibus I leave the q.