Share your bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Eve YouTuber

Feel that, need a few deeds and finish getting all the lair themes. :\
    • Like x 1
  2. Achikah All About That Base

New Base Tour is finally done uploading! This week I toured Integration- the first installment of a trilogy base for my mental anti-hero Cynic and her attempts to stop a global takeover of a rogue A.I.

It's sci-fi inspired- part Terminator, part Matrix, with a splash of 2001 and Alien (at least in the other bases,) and a healthy dose of the video game Observer. Will probably post the second installment sometime later in the month, if not the first week of January. Let me know what you think.

Saaaame. D: I really need to get the Penthouse theme. Still kicking myself for not snagging it the last time it was on sale. Oh, that AND the Brainiac theme so I can use it on all my characters. Hopefully they'll be discounted this winter, and, if not, I know where my loyalty points are going.
    • Like x 2
  3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Ive never seen the hazmat suits or the ceiling body in a tube, neat
    • Like x 2
  4. Achikah All About That Base

Yesss. The BOP elite furniture was amazing! I adore the hazmat suits and Lex stasis tubes, same with the coolant beams; I definitely stocked up when it was relevant content. Sadly, they're even rarer to find these days since everyone has their renown for the DLC, and when the stat clamp was implemented it got even more scarce. Hopefully F&B or Clocktower will be in the STU rotation at some point so more players will feel inclined to queue up.
    • Like x 1
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Yea i left midway thru Thanagar, & didn’t return till the last week of Legion, so missed alot. Ah well :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

Did they stop the thing with Elite base items? It's such a shame. Cause like, I find the elite ones to be beautiful. Like the animated gate from Atlantis.
    • Like x 1
  7. Achikah All About That Base

I feel that. I took a break for the entire Zoo DLC and came back to my leaguemates all turning into awesome Manbats, lol. At least now the Omnibus will make for faster queues if you ever do wanna go back, with STU (or potentially more trinket pets/special drops) filling in the elite gaps for LFG groups. :)

I think BOP was the last true place where elite raids dropped exclusive furniture. T5 elite raids seemed to drop furniture while T6 shifted more to orbitals/pets. I think they still drop in the T5 elite raids, but since content is back to the full difficulty only specific ones are being ran, mainly the pet drop instances, so the chance of finding elite furniture on the broker is really low.

I really hope they reintroduce the furniture drops. I know the base community is a lot smaller than the material/aura fans on the game, but still... why not both?
    • Like x 2
  8. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

This is Brother Nature's Ancient Terrarium.

It's been updated since I filmed this a while ago but only thing changed is a couple of waterfalls and flamingos where the kitchen area used to be.
    • Like x 2
  9. Achikah All About That Base

Very nice! Love the fallen vine walkway/bridge combo over the water.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

I'll upload a video of my Kryptonian Base tomorrow. I'm still not done with this base because I'm farming the Sunstone flooring and ceiling items to fill out the entrance and the big room in the Brainiac lair. Any idea where they drop most often? I rarely see them on broker aswell...

Also, I'm pretty lost with the bottom and upper floors. It's like a fortress so not sure if I should go with icy areas and put some random items there to look like Kryptonian tech and furniture... We're lacking on good Kryptonian Base items.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

got a handful to share vid wise. Ryll did the videos and i will put a link to his youtube channel in with the last video.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  15. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  16. Achikah All About That Base

Unfortunately, the loot pool for the Sunstone Flooring/Roofing/Plates is pretty time heavy. PZr, Science Spire, and The First Piece would be the easiest to spam, but Solos/Duos/Alerts can have terrible RNG sometimes with even getting a furniture choice item, let alone the ones you need. The raids have guaranteed 3 drops but given they're Prison Break and Brainiac's Bottled Ship, their mechanics in random queues can be a headache with newer or uncooperative players and take a long period of time. Your best bet would probably this though, sticking with a league run or LFG party and hope for best.

As far as Kryptonian furnishings go, I just ran into the same issue when finishing up my time travel base. There's a nice number of futuristic furnishing with the 31st Century stuff, but I needed something to match the Kryptonian Crystal Consoles and the Decoration set. I ended up melding together a regular bed, desk, or sofa with 2-3 pieces of tech-y stuff to make them blend in a bit. Mobius Chairs worked well with a bed backboard and the Kryptonian decorations and Third World stuff helped with the desk. The Third World furniture in particular has the same sort of patinaed/rusted look as a lot of Kryptonian stuff. It's a bit heavy on the item spots to do so, but ya, until they give use to cool chairs and sofas from PZ, I think melding several items is the closest you'll get for now unfortunately.

Hope some of this was at least a bit helpful. Either way, can't wait to see the WIP! :)
    • Like x 1
  17. JailhouseBat Active Player

Animated gate from Atlantis? Whats it called?
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

what about some of the icy throne type stuff off the winter event? might meld with the kryptonian stuff.
    • Like x 1
  19. Eve YouTuber

Arion's Gate - Activated, It's a elite drop
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

Sadly yeah, I wish we had like a market place pack of those or something. Or to be able to buy them for source marks.

I'll check if I can get my hands on the Mobious Chair, It's a collection right?

I'll upload it tomorrow, I'm not even sure why I'm awake right now lol