Could we pause auras and matter and make way for new skins?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Between auras and matter, I don't know about you, but I think we had plenty of choices on this, couldn't we move on to something else now? like new skins for example?
    • Like x 15
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yep. totally. I want some variations on the tattoo skins for both male & female. updated youthful & wise would be nice. & a whole bunch of new alien heads, hands, legs / feet, too, ta very much. be nice if we could get them not locked behind rng, though. I don't mind paying source or episode currency or loyalty points for them ( assuming, of course, that they're not prohibitively expensive ).

two thumbs up.
    • Like x 3
  3. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Would MUCH prefer if everyone gave the Devs a 5 min break from "I WANT SHINY!!!!!!!!" so they'd have enough time to look into the games ongoing, long-standing Bugs and Unintended Mechanics.

Auras can wait
    Materials can wait
    Skins can wait
    Accessories can wait
    The Bugs and imbalance have all waited long enough.
    • Like x 7
  4. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

You'd have a point IF there actually was a lot of new SHINY. Seems like its mostly variations on pre-existing things, and repurposing others (ie. Allies).
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well, in all honesty, Skins have been waiting for years now....so......
    • Like x 8
  6. Neb153 Level 30

Agreed. Auras and mats are nice but we have plenty right now, while everybody around seems to just looks the same. Plus, some styles are messed up on the new skins and have to be fixed like fishnets.

There should definitely be more variation on the human stuff besides "do you wanna be white, black or asian?" and the older novelty skins desperately need an update to fit in with them.
    • Like x 3
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

As long as they don't paywall the hell out if it like everything else.. skins & hair shouldn’t be locked behind rng. Hair already fell victim, hoping skins are accessible to all
    • Like x 2
  8. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

You're correct. We were waiting 8yrs for skins, and then finally got them, the updated textured skins in 2019.

I'm not saying "never add another skin". We could definitely use more. The Devs are very aware we want more. But its Extremely low priority. Asking for skins while an Artifact is still bugged for a power 1 whole year after first being reported, and while not addressing why 90% of the game "randomly" chose to switch to Superspeed, is like asking for me to help you scratch your back while we're both standing there watching your house burn down. Theres something faaaar more important right now than a silly itch.

Skins for 2023/2024? Go nuts.
    Skins now? Priority's people, priority's.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

You can't stop cosmetics for an entire year to address your bugs, that's simply not practical.
    • Like x 4
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

not sure why we can't have both, Hunted, mate. the guy who does the auras is likely not the same guy who does the powers or the guy who fiddles about with the artifacts. all anyone's asking is that the guy who does the auras does some skins instead. he's gonna be working on that sh*t no matter what bugs or fixes. by all means, fix the broken stuff. & get the guy who does the auras to do some skins instead, too. win win.
    • Like x 6
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I just have been disappointed lately. Why do you guys think they didn’t put rocketboots in the new lois lane set?
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Because Rocket Boots was not on their itinerary. Plus not everyone is flight (or acrobatics).
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

Different sectors with different professionals with different specializations. One doesn't need to stop for the other to go forth.
    • Like x 6
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Well we arent talking all cosmetics being on hold like your insinuating.
    We are talking about skins specifically and since it took 8 years to get new ones, i would say your objectivly wrong here and we in fact can wait a year (or up to 8 years based on history)
    Lol just teasing you but keeping it in focus
    • Like x 1
  16. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Never said they needed to. I suggested we dont add to the pile by adding Skins to it. Which is why I chose the word Skins instead of Cosmetics.

Could you elaborate on which post suggested delaying all Cosmetics for exactly 1 year?

Keeping in mind that we're talking about the same game that has delayed any and all PVP updates for more than 1 year, could you also elaborate on the practicality?

Thats a nice assumption, but not exactly a fact. Would you mind sending me your personal list of DI Employees with their Job Descriptions? I get the feeling it needs updating. Probably the same kind of feeling you're getting now, realizing that your reply was completely unnecessary and added nothing.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

So theres people that think a priority for this game should be new skins???
    Skins that get immediately covered up with gear……
    Skins that cant be seen while actually playing the game…..
    Skins that can only he seen while stripping nakey in ur base……

Thats whats important???
    Wow, just wow
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Skins are in our future.

---

Stopping an artist from making art does not get whatever bug or not-art thing done any faster. If the artists got into the code, it would certainly be made very beautiful, but...
    • Like x 17
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

Okay.

Please contact HR of Level Up Games Brazil, and/or Producer Tanitha on Wargaming SEA, then proceed to contact KingOrin at Hi-Rez Games UK, all companies I have worked with. Provide my nickname to the last two contacts, and they will recognize me (although my image with Tanitha isn't really good). Then mention this thread and they will happily pass you the exact same info I have said here.

By the way, you did say they had to:

And yes, my reply also did add something. You are just pissy because I corrected you.
    • Like x 2
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

Careful, he might come here and tell you that you don't know what you are talking about and then claim that he never said that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.