How do artifacts work?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aglorenzini, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I came back to the game after over a year and artifacts are still new to me. I've been reading their descriptions, but apparently they are not activated, I guess...
    I have the grimorium verum and it says it summons a creature of the void, but how do I make this work? Already made it to rank 59 and still nothing.
  2. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Artifacts have 4 stages where thier effects are "visible" for you: 80-120-160-200.
    • Like x 3
  3. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

To unlock the minimum benefit from any artifact you have to get them to rank 80. Which is around 49k xp if I'm not mistaken. Contrary to what you see among the community, you DO NOT need an artifact @ 200 for it to be useful. 160 is perfectly acceptable. Rank 120/160 is where you get the most bang for the xp (it depends on the artifact). So artifacts that came out before the rank was increased to 200, You get the most bang for the buck/xp @ rank 120. But artifacts that came out after the max rank was increased to 200, 160 is where you get the most bang for the buck. Their are many guides out their about what are the best artifacts to use for roles.

Here is the quick and dirty:

DPS: [1] Transformation Card [2] Strategist Card [3] Solar Amp (Might ST) Grim/Eye of Gemini (Prec DPS)
    Tanks: [1] Manacles of Force [2] Mystic Symbol of the 7 [3] EoG/Circe's Mask (For Fire/Atomic) Everyman Prototype
    Healer: [1] Transformation Card [2] Page of Destiny [3] Purple Healing Ray
    EoG Healer: [1] PHR [2] EoG [3] Soul Cloak/Trans Card/Page of Destiny (Soul Cloak allows you to build up and maintain your SC easier)
    Power Troll: [1] Amulet of Rao [2] Parasite Power Harness [3] Soul Cloak
    Buff Troll [1] Amulet of Rao [2] Claw of whatever (dunno how to pronounce or spell that crap) [3] Tetrahedron/Cog of whatever.

There are finer points and some of those depends on the powerset/loadout, but its the quick and dirty and a good place to start.

And I think their is something in guide section for artifacts, but I'm too lazy to search for it, maybe someone will come in here and link that thread.
    • Like x 2
  4. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

That was actually very helpful, I'll look for these artifacts.
    Thanks a lot!
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Make sure when thinking of what you are going to use (Baelin's list was pretty accurate) you budget for getting those Artifacts leveled up to 120 at least... That means XP (ground out or purchased...and on sale today), catalysts (which require source) and seals (which require cash OR desinty tokens you get for logging in 21 days). if you know you will come up short on any of those counts, you might want to lean on the artifacts that can be dual role used (like EOG or Trans card) first, so you benefit on both sides vs a 'role' artifact (like Mystical Symbol or Amulet of Rao) that will NOT benefit your DPS side.

Just a note...and not knowing if you are planning on buying your way or grinding your way...to the end. if buying, obviously your wallet will dictate when you get there...if grinding though, it might take a few months to get the XP you need to level a few up to 'viable'.