Since omnibus, the difficulty becomes incomprehensible...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Tolly Committed Player

Hi all, the game is becoming more and more incomprehensible since omnibus and the stats clamp.

The elite has become catastrophic, I am CR 347 and I face bosses 353, while they were old instances, I take damage to a violence coming from nowhere and often, impossible to understand what really happened at that time, the game can be extremely complicated for some power, I sometimes feel that devs do not think about some power some do not have regen heal help in passive or fart supports ...

In most other games of this type, when a violent attack is close we usually have a warning text or a zone indicating the danger, but on DCUO very often it's a brutal attack sometimes almost invisible, because we don't even have time to see it coming or to prepare to anticipate it and right now in some elite solo the damage is way too violent for a solo instance...

Devs, did you really check all this before launching this in state?

ps : I'm facing the iceberg loung boss (the 1st boss) and no way to pass it, yet full 300 stuff, 450sp I don't think I have such a bad status...
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Iceberg Lounge? Is it Penguin? If so it's the Pengbots. Stay away from them.

While I agree there can be some inconsistency in enemy attack tells, your combat log will almost never fail you. Always check there to learn what killed you sod you can start to figure out how to avoid it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Ryll Committed Player

Are you melee or ranged? I have never had any issues at all with iceberg.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Pengbot has two one shots. The rockets, which you dodge, and the vortex, which isn't a oneshot, but pulls you in to die very quickly.
    • Like x 1
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

1st boss is Pengbot Maximus. Keep range on him, I think he has a headbutt as a melee attack that can do a bit of damage. Also, he’ll do a heat vision eye beam attack. Lunge him on that to counter him. Another skull attack to look out for is his rocket barrage. 3-4 missiles coming at your current position. Easy enough to move if you’re far enough away from him.

Suggestions - add a shield to your loadout, use your henchmen, add a sidekick to replace a pet if you need an additional shield/incoming heal. Focus the lackeys when they spawn, should be able to knock them out quickly.

Good luck!
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Honestly I didn't find Pengbot to be that hard on elite. However, I find the first boss in Sciencesphire to be much harder. Not so much the boss, but the adds that keeps coming will kill you faster then the boss
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There are always ways to find out what killed you. Create a tab that keeps track of damage you take. When you die go to that tab and see what killed you. If you are on ps you can click the share button and save a video. Look back through the video you saved and see what killed you. I’m sure there is something similar on the other platforms. Most stuff is pretty straight forward. Anything that isn’t straight forward has text or dialog that says so. Maybe you should turn on captions and turn up the voice options to hear better while turning down the other sounds to better hear what dialog you are given.

With the first boss you just stay range. The rockets hurt so you gotta dodge them. And if you are close the spin will rag doll you and you take massive damage. I mean if you die enough times to the same thing you should be able to see what keeps killing you. But I mainly recommend creating that tab I mentioned earlier in this post
    • Like x 2
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Yes, they did. The problem here is that you were used to facerolling the instance and never bothered to know the mechanics of the bosses.

Relax, it`s doable, and someone already provided the answers in here.
    • Like x 2
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Oh, so they just re-released launch bloodthirsty Penguin? I do wonder if they have something to track how many kill Penguin racked up in his hayday.
  10. SpyderBite Active Player

Pengbot Max is a nightmare for a troll or healer unless they're already geared up for DPS. Same can be said for most of the solo/duo content. Slow burn at best. Nothing can really be done about it. Just saying.
  11. inferno Loyal Player

If you're curious to what killed you, go to your combat log: enable damage in and get rid of other useless stuff at the moment. It will even tell you if it was a NPC move that killed you or a boss attack. Zoom out your camera and play the instance again and maybe you'll catch the animation of the move and avoid it next time.

Do this and not only will you get through the Iceberg solo but you'll also see a lot of mechanics in this game are re-used throughout the game. It's just a matter of identifying them and doing what you need to do to avoid or get damaged least.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

For Pengbot, you'll wanna lunge the beam.
  13. DAnomalous Level 30

Maximus? He can be a poop on elite but cmon. 450 sp, you can beat him with half that
    • Like x 1
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

I've also found that bursting hard can get the fight out of sync where the boss will start his wipe attack while the kryptonite is either not there or so close to disappearing that you can't stun him in time. If you can keep him juggled or stunned without it, it makes the fight much easier. Otherwise, just use the rocks whenever they show up.

The adds suck, too, but I find the desync more dangerous.
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

I'll make sure to slap him upside the head with my SP next time. Thanks for the tip.
  16. metal1ix Well-Known Player

Pengbot Maximus once it goes Quantum, it can spawn singularities when in a pinch, and to where it can kill you pretty quickly if you're too close to them.

Recommend a supply drop if you're on cooldown for Soder. The extra HP helps a lot.

Elite content you're supposed to slow down and pay attention to what goes on around you, otherwise you'll experience wipe after wipe from their one shots.
  17. DAnomalous Level 30

Np, I do it with 180
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

Dump all your trinkets and supercharge and he’ll drop fast as hell. By the time you get to penguin everything will be off cooldown and you can do the same with him. At end game I can burn him before he even drops a black hole or has a chance to do anything. Now when I was 327 he was more of a pain, I had to kite away from black holes, use the whole room, and lunge beam. Basically at level you have to do mechanics, but at top end you can easily face roll if you plan your attack right.
    • Like x 2
  19. metal1ix Well-Known Player

Well for normal mode, I was 332 CR to 345 Bosses, so it's a definite possibility to take on elites once having full time piece gear and building up on artifacts.

Wiped on the Quantum Penguin once cause I got pulled to a double singularity and pretty much instantly died from there other than that no problems.

I'd say stick to Story if Normal and Elite end up being too much. Is it worth the stress to reward ratio?
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

The obvious answer is learn to play. because of the state of the game for so long people never learned the mechanics of the content. unless you played all the content at first release people are just used to steamrolling it. too bad so sad thats not the way it works now.. your still 15 CR over the stat clamed content. if someone is geared and cant get through onibus content. then thats on them.

Take the time and figure out what your supposed to be doing instead of just PEW PEWing
    • Like x 2