Test Discussion Wonderverse Omnibus Conversion

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Nov 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Episode 38: Wonderverse
    • Episode 38 has been migrated to the Early End Game Omnibus queue and removed from the Current End Game Omnibus queue.
    • Episode 38 Open World has been updated so the 4 World Event Bosses no longer need to be defeated in order for the Rampaging Hydra to spawn.
    • Episode 38 World Event Bosses and their minions have been reduced from Raid level NPCs down to Group level NPCs.
    • Episode 38 vendors and pricing have been converted. Aether continues to drop from the World Event Bosses but also can now be bought for Source Marks.
    • Like x 8
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

So Aether will Not Convert to Source Marks?
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The reverse.
  4. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Damn... Here I was hoping they would Also Convert to Source Marks :(
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I've tried all bosses in solo:
    1.Murk, after skull charge attack (3 or 4 charge), immediately makes another of his skull attacks, a very inconvenient timing, and I got the impression that he makes his skull attacks more often than on a live server ... too many adds ...
    A recommendation to increase the intervals between skull attacks, reduce the number of adds ...
    2. Ares is a very simple boos, just follow the mechanics, it is convenient to continuously inflict damage on him ... but too much life, despite the fact that he is convenient for continuous DPS, there is too much life left ...
    Recommendation to reduce the amount of HP by 5-10% ...
    3. Atena has a lot, a lot of adds, an unrealistic amount of adds ... and like Ares has too many lives ...
    Recommendation to reduce the amount of adds by half and reduce the amount of HP by 5-10%
    4. K$S, a lot of adds ...
    Recommendation to reduce the number of adds ...
    5. Hydra ... I managed to remove about a third of Hydra's life before the end of time ... the main problem is skeletons ... they themselves do not pose a danger ... they just interfere, interfere with focusing damage, physically block movement and thus interfere with evading Hydra's AoE attacks....
    • Like x 2
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is your feedback related to you being solo? Because i guess its still meant to be done in a group of 4 players at least.
    • Like x 2
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That would lead to enormous Source Mark inflation.
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Feedback is based on several factors:
    1. Comparing the difficulty of bosses on a test server and a live server.
    2. Comparing the difficulty of WW bosses with the difficulty of other bosses in the open world.
    3. On the comparison of the difficulty of the WW bosses on the test server now and when the WW was a new DLC (every time a new DLC comes out, I check the complexity of the bosses in the open world).
    4. Also, when recommending, I take into account the "availability" of these bosses not for an organized group, but for several random players in the zone (the practice of regular hunting for bosses shows me that in old zones, if you do not organize specially groups for hunting, you have access to 1- 3 people besides myself).
    5. Recommendations are made taking into account the build that allows you to successfully and quickly solo any other bosses in the open world (I also successfully tested it on bosses from the new DLC.).
    6. The recommendation also takes into account the words of the developers that despite the clumping we should still feel strong ...
    • Like x 2
  9. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

What about the coins? Will those convert to source marks?
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I think that's obviously implied. What else would happen?
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

I'm okay with that. Will the same happen to Legion second currency?
    • Like x 1
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

At a 1:1, for sure. But I think there's a ratio that would make sense. I was thinking 10:1 would be fair and non-disruptive to the source mark economy.

I'm a little bummed I'll be hanging on to 999 Aether's I have no use for. Not only is it one more line item crowding that screen, but it's bright red and a bit of an eye sore.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm too lazy to check, but aren't there items you can buy from the vendor with Aethers and then sell on the broker, or at worst, give to an alt?
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm not trying to speak for the devs, and at bottom, I'm just guessing/deducing, but I would expect the same procedure will be followed for all dual currencies unless or until some problem with that arises.
    • Like x 1
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Nope. In Wonderverse the only tradable items are bought with the Splintered Coins. I've sold a lot of those Zeus auras. But iems bought with aethers are account bound. In Legion they did end up making the emblems you can buy with the secondary currency tradable. I've sold several of the Legion emblems.

As for me and my alts, the only alt that I actually play is a Dr. Manhattan toon and he's just basically blue, naked and glowing, lol. I do use some different blue colored auras to differentiate between my loadouts but other than that, there isn't much use for style items.
    • Like x 1
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll see what makes sense for Aether items to become tradeable too. I'm sure some of them qualify.
    • Like x 5
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

See, I like this! All problems have their solutions. That's a good compromise. Good form!
    • Like x 2
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Thanks for the correction!

But I'm always happy to have my errors contribute to the improvement of the game. ;)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.