Some Save the Universe Questions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Random Mind, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

With Save the Universe coming to a close soon, I had a couple of questions.

1. Is Rip Hunter a seasonal vendor or an episode vendor? I'm wondering this because I want to know if I have to make my purchases before the end of the event or will Rip Hunter be around after the event ends like other episode vendors.

2. When Save the Universe does return, will the gear be the same with an increased CR level or will there be new gear?

3. Will the Grains of Time become convertible to Source Marks after the event ends or will it stick around like a seasonal currency?

I guess when it comes down to it, I just want to know if Save the Universe is a seasonal event or is it like a multi-part episode like Amazon Fury? Right now the Save the Universe feats are under the Episode category and not the seasonal.
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I don’t know if rip will sell the stu stuff anymore. I assume he will be the “new dlc vendor” moving forward. But that’s just a guess. I do know that the content themselves will be going away as said by a dev. It will be an event. Not a seasonal so it won’t be returning at the same time every year. Instead it will return periodically and normally with the releases of dc comics content like movies and shows. So it could even return multiple times a year. Each time it returns it will come back with a different raid/alert/duo/solo based on the theme of its return. And it could also return to fill gaps between events/dlcs.

As for grains of time. I do not know for sure but I suspect it will remain unchanged as the currency for the returning event. And in regards to the stuff that’s in the vendor now, I’d suggest getting them sooner rather than later. When the event returns expect mew stuff to be added. So the more stuff you buy now the less stuff you’ll have to buy later. If anything the more marks you save up could lead to having a jump start when it returns.
    • Like x 2
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

It will be back soon enough. This is the new way of doing things. Actual new content as little as possible as STU with old content as filler for at least 4 months of the year. This lot will do anything to avoid developing new content.
    • Like x 2
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Well this is a lie. And it’s probably a waste of time arguing with you about it so that’s all I’ll say
    • Like x 6
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You seem to be quick to call people liars because they have a differing opinion or experience to yours. Instead of saying "you are mistaken because of this reason and this reason" or "my experience has been different from yours because of this", you go straight to 'that's a lie."

Why? Why not have a civil discussion and learn why someone feels the way they do about a matter instead of insulting them?
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

bit harsh.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Mepps stated that STU will return, like a seasonal. However he didn't clarify beyond that.

So, if we use seasonal content at the example, the currency will remain the same, Hunter will vanish until next time, and the next time the gear still be slightly higher than the previous dlc release.
    • Like x 3
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

How is calling out a lie uncivil? This is going to sound harsh but I’m going to say it anyways. If you feel like blocking me for it feel free to do so. You are taking things a little to personal. I called it a lie because it is. The devs aren’t doing the stu content to avoid making content. Upscale versions of classic content has been a popular request for many years by a lot of players. So they found a way to give us what we asked for. The Stu dlc was a few months long because they were short staffed. So there options were so stu and bridge the gap for them to make a full dlc or make the community wait even longer for any type of content. That’s why Stu was 4 months. The devs already said that when Stu returns it would be short term returns aligning with dc comics events. So no not months like he claimed.

So yes. A lie is a lie. If you have an issue with me calling pointing out misinformation than that’s on you. I’m not going to sugar coat something just to spare someone’s feelings
    • Like x 3
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Nawanda said "Actual new content as little as possible" and "This lot will do anything to avoid developing new content."

I believe these 2 sentences are what trigger people's passions. There are reasons behind these 2 sentences.

Daybreak/Dimensional Ink was in the process of being taken over by EG7. COVID hit us in 2019 shutting things down and confining people to their homes which further restricted the kind of development Daybreak would have loved to do for us.

The game system itself was restructured. A new central meeting place for both Heroes and Villains was made, Omnibus was created, old content was upscaled, and of course the stat clamp was written into the code. All of this took time that would have otherwise been ported to new content development in the form of a standard dlc we are use to seeing.

Ep. 42 is about to be launched. It promises to be a return to a more traditional way of a dlc being to which we are use too. Plus the few screenshots I have seen it looks AWESOME.

I do not believe Daybreak has been avoiding developing new content for the above reasons. I hope you will give them a chance to prove themselves.
    • Like x 2
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'm curious on the status of STU catalysts going forward? Will they only be usable for this event for the OP hands? Or will they be used in the next STU event? I guess if you take each STU it's like an episode so I'd presume they'd use new catalysts going forward but just curious?
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1. Rip will stop selling StU rewards when episode 42 goes live.
    2. I don't know what they plan to do with that gear when StU comes back around.
    3. Grains of Time is a seasonal currency.
    Save the Universe is going to be a pseudo-seasonal event.
    • Like x 1
  12. SpyderBite Active Player

With triple grains of time announced it was suggested that we "gear up now for episode 42". So take what you will from that.
    • Like x 1
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

Nope, it’s a genuinely held opinion from someone who over the course of 7 years has seen the frequency and size of new DLCs constantly diminish. We have gone from around 4 DLCs a year to 3, to 2 this year. We have gone from DLCs typically having 2 raids to typically having 1. We have had a producer state, in response to suggestions that one of the seasonals be refreshed, that it would come at the expense of new regular content development.

By all means opt out of replying further, but don’t label me a liar in future, you’re out of order.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's an event, and as such the catalysts should remain the same when they return. Why would they use new catalysts for the same item??? That makes little sense, and would only confuse people unnecessarily.
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

Can I just make the observation that although we strongly disagree, I appreciate the way you have expressed your differing view and the manner of your post.

I think you’re describing mitigating factors that you feel explain the reduced content schedule over the last 18 months and we take different views on whether those factors are acceptable. I would be more inclined to be understanding towards the developers, but there are several reasons why I am not, which I will happily list:

* They continue to ignore calls for new powers to be developed, PvP to be fixed and for the game to be more alt-friendly
    * The challenges you mention haven’t stopped them trundling out the cash grabs at the same pace, in fact they had time and resources to develop and introduce another one, Allies, during this time
    * Paying members were given nothing in the transition period between new content being opened to all and the membership changes going live - we were taken for granted
    * The membership changes and the game redesign you describe was done to benefit future players and current non-endgame players

My summary is that the developers have demonstrated little goodwill and loyalty towards their most loyal players in the period you describe, so I don’t feel disposed to be sympathetic when they serve up meagre amounts of (largely broken) content. I’m not happy about it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

The way to think of it is like this. DCUO going forward will now have 3 different types of releases:

- Episodes
    - Seasonals
    - Save the Universe

Its comparable to a Seasonal as its a temporary Event, but unlike Seasonals it wont follow Seasons. It will be released if/when they get the Green Light to connect it to a DC Property Release, such as Movies and TV shows. Maybe even during Comic Character celebrations too like there was for Action Comics 1000 and Batman's 80th or big Crossover Events. It'll likely change name too as "Save the Universe" refers to us being trained to face off against Perpetua and literally Save the Universe from being rewritten by her.

Given the right circumstances we may just see it return in March 2022 for The Batman. Oh and ignore any of the nonsensical dribble about it being a way to produce less content. With the DC Movie release windows, never mind the TV Shows and Comic Crossover Events, its very likely we'll see this Content return side-by-side with a newly started Episode. As for the questions about Currency and Gear, its in flux, nobody knows yet. The first time we'll find out will likely be whenever it returns.
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You labeled the devs as not wanting to make any content yet they have the reasons for why did they did Stu the way they did. There’s a huge difference between not wanting to develop any new content and have to prioritize other important areas. You think coding and creating new content is easy? So yes what you said was a straight lie based on your feelings over the Stu dlc/event.

1: the dev team is short staffed
    2: stats clamp is something that had to be prioritized for the longevity of the game. So that was going to happen regardless of new dlc or not
    3: players have been asking for upscaled versions of older raids

There options were to push back 41 completely until they finished a new dlc which would’ve taken a few more months since stats clamped was happening first. Or create Stu which would’ve have been easier to code and give the community something to do while they finish the new dlc.

So yes they gave us the best option regardless of how you feel about it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I'm honestly not sure that the amount of work on completely new content will be more than on balancing the old one for the new gameplay model ... (and this is without taking into account the new allies system ..., without taking into account the small but completely new zone ...). ..
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

You shouldn’t use words you don’t understand. You’re not mentally equipped to have a seinsible discussion with. You don’t understand the difference between someone expressing an opinion and someone attempting to present something as fact. You’re an idiot.

None of your apologism begins to even start to explain why content has been diminishing since 2017. You haven’t got a basic grasp of the situation you’re contesting. I don’t need your crappy posts on the screen of any of my devices or to have to waste any more of my time reading your nonsensical posts. Ignored.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For a new content they would have to create a new map all together, they also have to higher voice actors and record the lines. On top of making new mechanics and new models for the enemies. Not to mention new open world map