Test Discussion Episode 42: The Sixth Dimension (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to the testing thread for episode 42's raid - The Sixth Dimension.

This thread is the place for feedback and other comments about this raid. Let us know if you run into any bugs or don't understand how to react to boss mechanics or anything else that seems out of whack.

Known issues:
    • Some polish is still in progress
    • Feats are not working
    • Elite version of the Raid is not currently enabled
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Quixotic
  2. BugReporter2000 Active Player

First of all, this raid looks fantastic! ;)

The bugs i've seen in my first run:
    - 3rd Boss (the one with the big hammer) was not moving for about a minute. (That's because he was stunned by all the allies/pets when he was about to walk to the anvil)
    - Last Boss "secure field" didnt always save you from mana loss.
    - Last Boss Adds spawned outside
    • Like x 3
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Superman Sixth Dimension can be interrupted but not block countered. Just looking to know if that was intended
  4. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Love the toned down graphic effects on Water: Solice of the Sea. Can we get that for Quantum: Event Horizon and the Celestial super heal?
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

Other than the secure field not always working, the raid was fantastic. I was expecting maybe another boss, but other than that I was impressed and enjoyed the run. (Tho we had to wipe last boss but that was intended because our troll disconnected and we got someone else in). But everything was fine, thank you for making the cutscenes mostly short, to save time on running the raid in the future. :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Probably too late for that, but I wish the Anti Monitor did a giant beam like Krona. The fight is cool and all, but I feel like it misses epic moment mechanics, the ones that wipes the whole team
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Agreed, for me the last boss is too simple (for regular thats fine) but for elite i hope there will be more to it.

But the third boss (World Forger) seems to be the best one for my taste as a Tank,very curious to see the elite version.

But for regular version i think its pretty solid! Good raid,nice work devs.
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Most of baseline Elite will be going up later today. Lots of tweaks to Normal too. We want some testing on what we have but there is more baseline Elite going in early next week and then a lot of pain incoming for Elite 2, 3, 4, and 5. That will be in later in the week for more testing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

Hey Charon, is the gear and currency for the new episode going to be on test today?
    • Like x 1
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

No. Expect that early next week. Red5 will get on it. I'll remind him.
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

Thank you!
  13. Rage Crash New Player

Sixth dimension elite

My league ran the raid sixth dimension elite, sadly we were only able to test the first boss. Upon testing the 1st boss we found
    1. The jailers are jailing (cuffing players) too often, the jail phase is too long. (the jail phase is also overlapping with the lois lane orbital strikes)
    2. When Jailed, Tapping buttons doesn't seem to make you break out any faster.
    3. The amount of players jailed at one time is too much. (we had 5 players Jailed at the same time.)
    4. This room has too many places to hide. The boss mechanics can be avoided by hiding around the room. This room is not ideal for this many adds, boss and mechanics etc.
    5. Add spawn points are too random (adds are spawning all around the room when adds spawn they can sometimes do an attack on any player they want and even if the tank pulls them they cant cancel the attack combo.)
    6. Rage tank was rage crashing while he was jailed.
    7. The sniper one shot the tank while he had redirect rage on. (We only had a rage and earth tank.)
    A orbital strike mechanic and a cage mechanic simply do not mix
    • Like x 1
  14. PrecLord New Player

Sixth dimension elite

My league ran the raid sixth dimension elite, sadly we were only able to test the first boss. Upon testing the 1st boss we found
    1. The jailers are jailing (cuffing players) too often, the jail phase is too long. (the jail phase is also overlapping with the lois lane orbital strikes)
    2. When Jailed, Tapping buttons doesn't seem to make you break out any faster.
    3. The amount of players jailed at one time is too much. (we had 5 players Jailed at the same time.)
    4. This room has too many places to hide. The boss mechanics can be avoided by hiding around the room. This room is not ideal for this many adds, boss and mechanics etc.
    5. Add spawn points are too random (adds are spawning all around the room when adds spawn they can sometimes do an attack on any player they want and even if the tank pulls them they cant cancel the attack combo.)
    6. Rage tank was rage crashing while he was jailed.
    7. The sniper one shot the tank while he had redirect rage on. (We only had a rage and earth tank.)
    • Like x 1
  15. PrecLord New Player

2nd Boss
    We found nothing wrong with the second boss.
    We had a fun time with the second boss. Well done :)

3rd Boss
    We were only able to test a few attempts on 3rd boss (World Forger)
    1. As a collective group, we think that the pools are moving too fast.
    2. The Pools range to change your form and the Actual Animation of the pools are inaccurate. (The range is bigger than the animation shows.)
    3. Also we found no way to break out from the Sixth Dimension Cage mech (the gray bubble around your character.) We just need to know if this is intended.
    This is how far we have gotten. Thanks for your time
    • Like x 2
  16. PrecLord New Player

Sixth Dimension Elite After Patch
    Lois Lane (1st Boss)
    • The orbital strike damage is hitting after the animation.
    Superman (2nd Boss)

• Solar Flare hits after you come out of cover (2-3 seconds).
    • Found that superman solar flare is hitting people behind the pillar that breaks.
    • Found that superman solar flare is health based then time based.
    • Found adds to be a lot more manageable :)
    We will be trying to test the raid more this weekend. We are enjoying it. thanks for your time :)
    • Like x 2
  17. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Something tells me this raid is going to be soooo broken after it goes live. Not even 1 full page...that and the raids are always super broken for the first 1-2 months.
  18. zNot Loyal Player

The testing groups are giving their feedback secretly in the dms :) look at the latest test server hotfix for the raid. The devs have done so many hotfixes for the raid in a week its really nice i doubt it will be broken also we have just 1 raid this time so its better to manage that then 2 raids on test i assume.

To devs:
    In what way is the higher stages going to offer challenge? Just more damage from adds/bosses (mainly effecting the tanks) or also mechanic wise more challenging or both?
  19. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

And THAT right there is the biggest problem with testing in this game. They know if they give their feedback in public forum threads then they know they will be drowned out by people that don't want everything to be super hard all the time. I know the reason. Because Chill and others used to post feedback publicly, but then their efforts to make everything only accessible by their crowd of people would be stifled. They have an agenda and that would hurt the agenda if they went public about it, so they back channel with the devs. The private feedback in PMs NEEDS TO STOP IMMEDIATELY. I mean if they didn't have an agenda they would post everything publicly, but when they do that, people disagree with them and HOW DARE someone disagree with the "great obsidian chill".]
    • Like x 1
  20. zNot Loyal Player

I get what you are saying we do have 5 difficulty stages so i think theres abit more flexibility.

I also said for elite raids all feedback should be made public there are many groups who have insane dps on live and know it and will try to make the content dps centric while trying to nerf things what their solo! tank and solo! healer (possibly lack of skill) on test with non maxxed stats/allies views as difflcult and we end up with low tanking/support roll difficulty elite raids thats extremly easy to beat for endgame leagues with their ridicilous single target dps and buff trolling.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.