Episode 42?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zneeak, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

So I noticed that they put threads up over on the Testing section for E42 content, but I haven't seen any announcement or stream covering the Episode? I'm a little curious as to what styles, base items and such we are in for. :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

Holidays and general timing for the development cycle of the episode are messing some things up.
    • There will be a stream closer to Live or when it launches.
    • The gearsuits are based on Martian Manhunter and the Sixth Dimension Jailer (exact names escape me as I'm not at my work computer).
    • Sadly, no base items quite yet. There are good candidates that hopefully will find its way to your bases but not now.
    • Open world, duo, alert, one raid. The raid has 4 bosses and Elite + options (we're still working on Elite before we turn it on). There are elite versions of the duo and alert as well.
    • If all goes well, we're looking at 12/9 for launch.
    • Like x 15
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

Thank you for the reply! :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thank you for the update, it is very meaningful and informative. Just please, please don’t be afraid to push this deadline back a bit if need be. You are already experiencing so much stress with the Holidays, and deadlines, and squashing bugs. I sincerely hope this gaming community would be understanding and sympathetic if there is a need to give you the proper time to make this the best episode possible.
    • Like x 5
  5. Eve YouTuber

Bases decorators cry in the corner rn but I hope we will get some later down the road :)
    • Like x 4
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Long awaited love to the manhunter . His missions in the base game were among my favorite. I loved mental, soon as you guys fix controlling i will go back
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Hmm I wonder whose that six dimension jailer he's referring to o.o
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Take the time you need, no need to rush, I'm sure the player base will be a bit occupied getting ready for the Holidays as well, at least I will.:D
    • Like x 2
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Can we expect the new gearsuits to land on Test Server before Live Launch? I wouldn't mind waiting, I just want to see the styles lol
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Gally from Battle Angel Alita!
    • Like x 1
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Are the jailer boots rockets?
  13. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Anyone knows why the devs are going back to just one raid for this episode?
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's a "large raid".
    • Like x 2
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This raid will probably the kind of raid players have been advocating to have. It might even be one of those raids that takes an hour to complete, though if so, it might take a little more than an hour to complete since it will be completely new to us.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

LMAO, try 10-15 minutes.
    • Like x 3
  17. beardrive Committed Player

April 2021 saw the last new DLC base items to come out, with Flashpoint Episode 40.
    By the time Episode 43 launches it will be Spring of 2022.

This means we will not be getting any new base items for an entire year then.

The seasonals come and go, and along with them their base items and vendors, so that's no reliable source for them. If this is the case, it would be nice to see previously unreleased Legacy content base items dropping in the next episode. There have to be some lying around in some old folder--it's a good ten years of stuff.

It'll be nice to hear what you have planned for us base designers as a year seems a long time to wait for new stuff!

Thanks!
    • Like x 3
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea your overreacting. Dev didnt say you wont see base items for this episode. They said not rite now. Read into that what u want but dont react or insinuate. Again, your the only one here saying no base items for a year.
    • Like x 1
  19. beardrive Committed Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...er-hotfix-november-29-2021-episode-42.319546/

It's been addressed since yesterday in hotfix update for test server. I was worried after reading all the complaints and "no new base items for 42" in a reply from development in this thread.

Loot
    • Legion of Doom rewards now have a chance to drop previous base items.
    Thanks for taking care of this and listening to us! Now I'm curious what they are. XD
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

But why launch on Halo week. Don't make me choose:(