So.. about Sorcery Pet DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Tilz, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

Hello people,

with the double XP I went for the Sorcery Pet way and having fun with it. :)

Using Source Shard, Quislet and Grim. Depending on the raid I can swap in EoG (ToDe for example)

As far as my loadout goes I run the usual Pet setup, Baleful/Polymorph and then either Vengeance and Final Ruin or Soul Bolt and Shard for the spam.

I am kind of satisfied with the Single Target setup. It's not "op" but it does its job.
    For AoE I feel like missing something.

So what are you sorcery folks running in content? Especially elite content! :)

Happy to find some new ways and loadouts.

Cheers! :)
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

For aoe, soul bolt and shard and baleful for a super. If I'm feeling sweaty. I move slow, even ditched my zoom and flash combo. And I'm flight. And while it's rare I top the overall in a great group, I'll slaughter a pug group by millions, lots of millions. Also, use momma boo, baby boo, and boo jr. But leave your highest trinket in to keep your cr up since that's all pets care about. I'm using a maxed aquaman passive and lvl 8 Nubia. I don't bother tac swapping eog much anymore but pretty much always tac swapping dead kings and philosophers for boss fights. I could/ should probably swap grim for eog when using baleful. Make sure quislet is in and buffed with GW prior to using it.

If you're not sweating it out, you can replace baleful with the supercharge generator. That's my usual setup. Get to a set of adds, feed fury, pop GW, and then hit that so it applies pi so fury hits as hard as possible as will your soul bolt. Then grim takes over your pi. Boos go to town too. I pretty much never hit the generator again unless I actually need to build super for the next fight.

So the only other advice, plan ahead. There are a lot of times that aoe loadout is subpar choice to your st loadout if there's fewer adds or like 2 strong ones instead of 20 weak ones. Best example I can give that's happening right now: totd. Start aoe, use baleful. Once the Ares fight starts, go st and stay st thru the entire raid. The adds from there on out are stronger with trash around them so focus on the tough ones and let the pets do your aoe. Then things like MoM, you're switching back and forth. Fos2, constantly
    • Like x 3
  3. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Just wait till people gona start crying its overpowered and trust me they will .
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

I don't really think it is OP.
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not. It's ok but definitely not top 5.
  6. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Thats yours opinion. There will be few who get out dps and they gona start drama .
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

So may I ask whats the approach for "op sorcery" to play? :)
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Those few should check their own loadouts and setup, then check their internet connection and service provider before checking Sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  9. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Thats what i said when they start crying about prec dps but some how we got nerf after nerf :)
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Except there were actual real issues with weapon combos and Prec artifacts that were overperforming and got fixed. Just like Amplified Heat Vision and Nature DoT sharing were overperforming and got fixed.
  11. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Venom Wrist was nerfed several times but i guess its all fixes to you so yea its time to fix pet arts .
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sooooo you're getting out classed by poorly programmed AI's? Ouch.
    • Like x 1
  13. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Soooo you getting out of arguments ?
    [IMG]
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

There's always going to be situations where a pet build shines just as there will be plenty where it doesn't. In a duo, pretty unbeatable. Alerts, mostly unbeatable. In a raid, that's where things get less likely for them to be on top. It's a slow paced build meaning the hyper ones will melt before you get a chance to attack. But fights like grail, pet builds rule since they don't stop during reflects. But normal fights, tons of eog for prec builds, they start to fall behind. It's basically at the bottom of the sweaty builds but can keep up well enough with any. It's the best lazy play setup there is
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Also, anyone using a pet build really needs to understand that it works on any powerset but in different ways. For sorcery, you will be pretty hard to beat in ST. Like in the 2+yrs that it's been a thing, I can think of maybe 5x I wasn't top of the 2nd column. In a beastly group anyway. Pugs, yeah not worth caring about. But in the super sweaty runs, aoe will never be tops but you will be tops or dang close in 2nd column.

But now use rage melee or electric might with a pet build for adds and good lord. Battle tank with rage and a pet build and no one gets a chance to hit an add. But both will lose to gadgets prec using eog spams. Or a well made might munitions with trans strat solar/ amulet. Basically, the metas are still metas and if those go away, pet build becomes the 2nd best option to munitions/ rage/ electric. Till people start to figure out how to combine them. I've seen a few and they do great. Still the only ones I know I'm losing 2nd column to are electric and gadgets prec but they have to be great players. It ain't just magic that of you're prec you'll win so I still tick off a bunch of prec users
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Tbh o use it on my atomic. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a lazy dps lol. I don’t like switching armories and don’t plan on leveling up multiple arts for my alts. So for my atomic I wanted a setup that could be used for AoE and ST so that I didn’t have to build multiple arts. Normally I’d have trans, strat, solar, and grim all leveled for might. But instead I have trans, quislet, and shard all cause I didn’t feel like swapping back and forth lol. My arts aren’t anywhere near max yet (120 shard, 160 trans, 120 quislet) so my damage still has room to improve. I’m still doing good damage. If there’s a Gemini spammer than great. My sd only has a 1 second cooldown anyways lol. And when quislet is maxed it will help me get it more often too. So yeppie for me lol.

So I have 1 prec dps, 1 traditional might dps, and 1 pet summer dps. Plus a lot of alts all varying in builds between the 3. I actually like summer builds in a lot of games. So why not dc lol
    • Like x 1
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

What's your pet atomic build loadout? I'm very curious and interested.
  18. Zero303 Well-Known Player

well all i wanted to say about this is , we need new pet models.. they looks like crapola.what is it ? a mini wizard and the overgrown rock with a head.?
    comeon you can do better. and add more pets if you will when at it.
    -thanks for my rant
    • Like x 1
  19. Requake Dedicated Player

Step 1: equip trans strat grim
    Step 2: spec prec
    Step 3: profit

Jk, love u tilzy <3
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Neutron bomb, nuclear burst, remedy (or any shortcut), godwave, robot sidekick, atomic blast

Nuclear burst is a cheap 100 cost power while neutron bomb is the stronger bread and butter. Neutron bomb is the one I always do the full combo on while I sub I’m burst whenever something else is off cooldown. Either godwave? Utility trinkets/orbital, or even my sc. After my aura is up I’ll use remedy to clip other stuff with longer animations like the ally and orbital. Even the sc has a lengthy animation so I’ll clip that too. If robot dies I’ll also clip it with remedy to summon it faster.

You could sub burst for atom splitter and Id do more damage. However it’s range is limited and I don’t feel like switching it between boss fights so I just leave burst in. Also it makes the rotation more power hungry and atomic can drain power quickly.
    • Like x 1