Get rid of stat clamping already. It was a dumb idea.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lanternspartan, Nov 22, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Making it optional would defeat their goals...which is something people are having a hard time understanding, or maybe they just don't care.
    • Like x 5
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It would take time & resources away from other projects in development to make the stat clamp optional unfortunately. It’s just the way things are, people and money have to allocated in such a way as to keep new content in development while maintaining what is current so that it operates as intended.

Unfortunately, another side effect would be splitting the pool of available players for the que. This would have an adverse effect on game participation.

In an ideal world yes this is a very good suggestion.
    • Like x 2
  3. Patrick_Jones Level 30

THIS ^

I am kinda still noob-ish player in the game general
    (like I know how to deal with recent alerts, raids and such, but have no idea on Atlantis, Titan raids, etc.)

I do like the idea of stat-clamping/omnibus since I do want to know and learn stuff thru the raids and alerts
    However, it could be better if we can choose and go in stat-synced and un-synced.

last night I ran an Atlantis raid as healer = Omnibus / stat-clamped
    we wiped 6-7 times at 1st boss room (the mines and remove chains), also same happened in 2nd (boss) oxygen tank room.
    I wasn't shocked ppl left as soon as we wipe, but great appreciations to whom explained whole fight and stayed with me.

on the other hand, there are some of old missing feats (also investigations & Briefings) I have
    on Light episode, Atlantis, Flash episodes... wish I can just go in UN-SYNCED and remove 'em on my to-do list...
    I know we can always do 'em by clamped thru omnibus, but some instances ppl don't wait - or not even cooperate
    what if we can just walk-in or queue solo for old alert and do feats?

so what I am saying is that idk if that's ever gonna happen, but since we ran both ways STAT-CLAMPED & UN-CLAMPED

can it be optional?
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Welcome to DCUO. I hope you are able to make lots of new friends and form strong bonds with them.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

If you're gonna be mad about something get it right please, sounds like you're a walking contradiction, do you know what "Whole" means?
    • Like x 3
  6. Harlequin Devoted Player

Which game? Perhaps some people here would appreciate the tip.
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Why bother? If the game the poster was playing were truly fun they wouldn't be here looking to see if things had changed. They would be out having fun instead.
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Perhaps it’s like a family member whom you have become estranged too, you periodically check in on them in hopes things have changed for the better.
    • Like x 1
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
  10. BumblingB I got better.

You random Queue Paradox Wave and come to the forums to complain about the clamp.

Food for thought, maybe, just maybe, it's the instance and not the clamp?

Report problematic instances, so they can be adjusted. There is 10 years of content and some of them need adjustments after going into EEG.
    • Like x 3
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Knowing humans, I don't bother. It's much more peaceful that way.
    • Like x 3
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sorry...I didn't see the sarcasm font. :D
  13. Roocck Committed Player

I too moved on to another game, first I stopped supporting by not buying anything on the market place then when stat clamp was implemented I stopped my sub. There are other games that are free and fun, but still want to know what’s happening in the DC world, waiting to see if stat clamp will be reversed so then I can come back. If not, no problem I’ll keep playing other games, not hurting my feelings!!!!! My life is simple….. I do miss dcuo, this game is a unique game and fun…. But it isn’t all thaaat!!!!
    • Like x 1
  14. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]

Part of the enjoyment of gaming is finding the right hole. If they take the lid off you’re just throwing blocks in a bucket. You already have all the tools you need to complete 90-95% of content available in the game…

Ask these people liking your post for help, sync up in game, work together.

None of us get to have it “100%” our way…we all adapt and adjust.
    • Like x 3
  16. LOLGREEN12 New Player

I don't know man paradox as it is with the clamp is hella fun. going through the struggle of beating it is enjoyable and helping new players get the Epic Feat is great, but i can agree certain things need to be adjusted to get with the times. The final boss of PZE comes to mind.
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

No, emotional teenager, the devs aren't dumb for thinking in a way you dislike, you just...well, dislike the way they think.

If you were smarter than them you would just get rich by making your own game.
    • Like x 4
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

"The whole community" = "I don't like this but I have no arguments, so I will pretend that everyone thinks like me".

This s why stat clamping will not be removed. Because you children simply don't know how to talk without insulting or inventing fake justifications.

Is it really that hard to think?
    • Like x 1
  19. SpyderBite Active Player

I have no issues with the stat clamp and I'm really enjoying the Omnibus. It is really helpful to work with players more experienced with the content than me so that I can learn and hopefully help out others in the same way going forward.

For those that want to ignore the stat clamp and try to just blow through the content ignoring the mechanics; I'll try for a few wipes and then I'll just sit in the respawn area waiting for the loot and tick towards my daily and weekly goals.
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Just avoid participating in stat clamped content. There are plenty of other things for end game players to do if one is opposed to the stat clamp. We still have (mercifully) 3 DLCs of un-clamped content to enjoy.

Wonderverse will become stat clamped next month so go enjoy it while you can fully, truly enjoy it.
    • Like x 2