Get rid of stat clamping already. It was a dumb idea.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lanternspartan, Nov 22, 2021.

1. lanternspartan Level 30

It hasn't improved the ques. It didn't make running old content worth the trouble. I qued Paradox and it was wipe after wipe. I told them we what to do and that still didn't help. But, if I wasn't stat clamped I could of carried them all through.

You want us to struggle through old content after being made weaker for no reward. That is straight idiotic. Also, people put spam groups together. These roups are full of end game players. They are spamming FOS 3 (source marks) and GOMR (pet). So, that doesn't help new players.

Omnibus just ques you into a random instance. That doesn't help if you want a specific instance. When you go to custom play to que that instance it still takes the same amount of time as before.

Not being stat coddled allowed for people to get back and get old feats they couldn't get before. That is one advantage for not stat clamping. The other advantage is that it helps new players complete content. All my alts I leveled got help from end game players. They helped drag my groups through that didn't know the mechanics.

Stat clamping open world content is even more idiotic. I went into Chaos Gotham and the population was 2. That included me. Why would any end game players waste time going into stat Corp open world areas? So, much for new players who make it to those open world areas getting bounty help from end game players.

Just get rid of stat clamping. Unlimited source marks is fine. Unlimited drops don't matter to end game players because the gear tops out at 280CR.

The ques for Omnibus and custom play would go back up with stat clamps removed. Open world populations would go back up to.

Also, your CR skip tokens are prime examples of why the stat clamping was never needed. Let's get real. I bet more players are skipping CR than leveling through the game.

Be smart devs and for once realize you made a mistake and remove stat clamping. Alsp, you messing with our stats also resulted in a glitch that has lowered are stats in end game content. Smh
    • Like x 22
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

SECOND!!
    • Like x 10
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

• Like x 9
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Great way to ask the devs for something. Insult them.. smart.

But no. You are mixing up 2 different points. The omnibus has nothing to do with stats clamp. They came out with in the same update but one doesn’t have anything to do with the other. The omnibus does make ques go faster. If you use the custom menu to que up then the Omnibus will fill in the rest of the spots random players who que it.

As for the stats clamp. It was needed regardless of what you think. The stat bug that is happening happened recently. Not when the stats clamp was introduced. But instead you blame everything on the clamp. If players can’t get through a content with the clamp than they aren’t following mechanics. Why should you get the right to ignore mechanics and get rewards? If you want specific feats than form a group and get the feats. You can’t go for a feat join a random group and get upset they can’t do it. That’s on you for not making a group.

Players ignoring mechanics and trying to steamroll is a issue that happened because nonstats clamp. Players got used to it and expect the same thing. Oh no people actually have to follow mechanics!!! The sky is falling!!!
    • Like x 16
  5. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Hopefully the devs realize how much of a mistake this stat clamp nonsense really is
    • Like x 13
  6. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

The amount of times I've said this EXACT thing is ridiculous lol. Seriously though...the clamp is fine. Solo, duo, alert, raid..never had issues as long as we do what's needed.

As for clamped open world? I'm there as often as possible. One day, I will run through a few, the next day will be different ones. I only touch the current stuff once I've done the clamped open world. The variety is nice.

With that being said, I know there's two VERY distinct points of view on clamping. You may not like it, and that's fine. Is your right to feel the way you do. As for me, I'll take it. :)
    • Like x 10
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Too much time and money has been invested by the Company to repeal stat clamping. It is now baked into the code. Removing it at this point would break far more things than just leaving it in place and making micro adjustments to fine tune it. We have to adapt to it. Doesn’t mean we have to like it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Finally a non-condescending voice of reason. Thank you for understanding.
    • Like x 1
  9. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Said it in a previous thread and i'll repeat it here too:

For years, and thats not even an exaggeration, years, we had Members asking for Old Content to be upscaled for more content availability. Every week there was either a new thread about it or it was mentioned off-topic in another thread. Dont take my word for it, Forum has a search bar for a reason. If anyone can explain the relative difference between this previous request and Clamped content, other than "PEW PEW BIGGER NUMBERS ME SEE" i'd love to see that attempt. Might just help alleviate the usual Monday Blues.

Otherwise we could all start being honest, recognize that some of the names who asked for upscaled content are now complaining about clamped content, acknowledge that these people either never considered relativistics or don't understand it, and realise that more than half the people complaining about it are doing so under false pretences or misunderstandings.
  10. KidKretz Committed Player

i left the game because of stat clamping, i come back to the forums once a month to see if it got better. its posts like these that make me keep right on walking in that i know they didnt fix it yet.

it just was not fun spending my play time (1-7 hrs a day) running so much less content and dying/wiping so much more :(

i barely touched my alts because who had the time after spending an hour in a game mode that used to take 5-10 mins :(

i really liked the story of each mission and the loot hunt, i honestly could care less about the mechanics WHEN they always were cryptic anyway. i moved on to another game where i am having fun and yes, i have been spending money on it.

i will keep checking back here every once in a while and keep checking the live stream if i see them streaming when im on twitch and the utuber obsidianchill, he's cool or chill :p but logging into the game, i just cant, by doing so i feel im putting my stamp of approval on the stat clamps that literally sucked the fun out of the game for me.

anyway, just wanted to make this post, prob for therapeutic reasons for myself :) cheers and goodluck!!!
    • Like x 6
  11. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Exactly. Man has no idea what he’s even upset about.
    • Like x 4
  12. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

I LEfT tHe gAmE bEcAuSE oF sTaT ClAmpIng.

Yet you come to the forums to comment. I bet you’re still with your significant other that you broke up with years ago.
    • Like x 1
  13. KidKretz Committed Player

at least i know you only read the first sentence, the second sentence explains it. "i come back to the forums once a month to see if it got better."
    • Like x 3
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This^

There's a few issues to address with stat clamp.

1. Lower population on servers, so less players to play with. A lot of the veteran players leave because of other games or real life stuff, many of them in their 20s or 30s now so stuff happens and people leave the game.

2. Severe lack of guides in community on how to run specific content. No specific guides on how to do FGSe, CTe, PCe, or even more recent raids like FVe. More guides for these would help those players who are struggling, rather than just nerf everything to cater to everyone. The stat clamp has only made this issue more apparent. Where before players could just queue into content a few years later and steamroll it, now not so much. And because of the lack of guides and now mechanics that you have to follow rather than just ignore, this has become MUCH more apparent now than in the last few years.

If new/returning players had a quick detailed video commentary, and/or a wiki type page listing the bosses and mechanics, would this help players out more than currently?

(I would personally love to do something about this, but would need help with some of the details. I know it isn't the first time in a thread that I have mentioned this issue.)

3. Messaging of mechanics in some content isn't the best. It has gotten better in more recent content. But second boss in TODe for example. The tells aren't the best. The eggs are similar colour to the floor and if you're mental or celestial you need to be very fast reacting to it due to similar colour of animations. FFE arachnids. Is there a tell on the size of the radius of AOE when they explode? How far should you be from them? Messaging of mechanics and tells of what is about to happen or what the boss is going to do could definitely be improved, even in older content if possible. Now with recent updates more players are running that content for the pet drops and styles. Would be a great quality of life update to the game if the devs had time to dedicate to it (not adjusting/buffing/nerfing anything, just updating messaging and telegraphing of mechanics and area of effect) IMO the skulls are outdated as well.

Stat clamping (in my controversial opinion) was somewhat needed to give the game some of its substance back. I understand some players may not like what I just said, and they have every right to feel that way. Over the last few years, many new players have joined the game and enjoyed it in part for the habits that they can no longer be able to do because of the stat clamp. Equally I know many players who have recently come back to the game for the positive updates that House of Legends brought to the game, including to a degree the stat clamp.

Anyways my two cents on this topic.
    • Like x 5
  15. Beat Active Player

Stat clamp itself is not the issue.
    It's the fact that's it's not Optional that's the problem.

I personally don't mind it but it should've been optional from the start.
    • Like x 7
  16. Beat Active Player

Also if any of you want stat clamp removed all the way, don't expect any loot either.

We would be getting a small fraction of the loot/source marks we get now with the clamp gone.

So me personally, I say keep the clamp. Just make it optional, because I actually like getting 100+ source marks per day instead of the old system where we would get like 30 ish MAX per day.

Just my opinion.

EDIT: Plus with all the extra loot it's become super easy to level augments now.
    • Like x 1
  17. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Stat clamps sucks and the whole community hate it only people want it is the small minority of 5 or 10 people on forum’s get rid of it
    • Like x 13
  18. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

100%
    • Like x 4
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There is no mistake for them to realize. When adjustments are needed they make them. Your belief that the clamp is a mistake is just that...your belief. It is not a fact.
    • Like x 6
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Can you name 10 names not counting me?