Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I needed some of those feats when I returned after the stat clamp. I put a group together and knocked them out easily on my 2nd day back. was no problem.
    • Like x 4
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Sure i like to peel off the games that i play, Just like DB decided to peel from mobile-game features, and stuff them into their mmo. (lootboxes and Breakthroughs, currencies, stabilizer keys,) that was ripped straight out of the mobile market genre, but i cant ask for other features from other games?

If i cant, then also tell DCUO to stop adding elements from other games as well.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

As well it should. That was a completely awful design decision in this game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Please consider that someone at CR170 who goes to an instance with a max CR88 are not as adversely affected by the clamp as someone who is CR343 going into an instance with a max CR88. The clamp was aimed directly at end game players to punish all for the sins of a few who would one shot bosses and such. I don't understand this anti-end game player - anti member mentality coming from Daybreak.
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Don't worry....I'm not planning on heading there unless I start playing the game....and I don't plan on starting to play the game.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure if you know this, but near the top of the screen in any of the forum sub sections (like gameplay), there is a button that says 'Post new thread'. It's green...if you are colorblind...it's a grey rectangle located toward the upper right, above the first thread in any sub section.

You can use this to start a thread where you can suggest any enhancement or make comparisons to whatever game you want. No one ever said you can't or shouldn't. In fact, I'd encourage it. Go get 'em!

See DrakeBall used that button to make a thread to talk about the clamp and how it is in DCUO (he claims 'Dogwater'...some disagree...so we discuss). Agree or disagree, the topic is the clamp in DCUO....not FF...not Red Dead...not GTA...not BDO. All of which might have features similar to DCUO...or all of which might have things we might want to see in this game.

Start a new thread and get the discussion going.

And when I said you 'peel off TO' (not 'peel off FROM') I meant you veer away from the subject at hand and talk about something in another game(mostly FF)....often. A better word might have been 'swerve'....like if you swerve off the road then end up in a ditch when driving. You are even doing it in this reply to me. All your screenshots (I took them out) from various games with no point of reference on what you are trying to get across, add nothing to the discussions they are off topic on. They would be GREAT in a new subject where you can talk about them and what you think they would add to DCUO. Hey, I'll even go in that thread and give you a thumbs up...well unless the idea is bad...but in that case I'll just stay silent....and that's got to be worth something...right?;)

And now I'm doing it....going off topic talking about going off topic. It's contagious. Sheesh.

So back on topic. Yes, the clamp sucks...combined with Omni it mega sucks. No, it does not suck more for high CR/Arti players, as SOME stats come through with stats over and above what a lower CR player might have, at worst it sucks equally. Yes they have made improvements to the changes (like adding source back into endgame...which was honestly my biggest issue with the clamp/changes), but 15 over is still wrong in my opinion. I'd say the differential should be about the same as it is between the oldest 'endgame' content and 'max' CR. Currently that's 48(WV at 300 and max at 348), but that's a bit off as we have STU rocking the boat as a 4th 'DLC' that added stats...normally it's 3 DLCs only. I think the max CR for FP was what? 342? So 42 CR should be the max differential clamped...same as it would be for endgame content.
    • Like x 9
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

If the developers said that Gear/SP/Augments/artifacts still modify your stats, and despite being clamped, youll still be hitting far harder then both a cr 88 and 170 being a cr 343. So isnt the scale of power still tipped heavily in your progressions favor?

Or is this about your stats being reduced.... Period?
    • Like x 2
  8. Khaoy New Player

Clamp is bad to the point that old and extremely limited game was more fun even with 1500 cap, forced to play autoscaled to get what ? 50.000 cap ? useless only need money to repair and soders, hideout ? I don't care, I don't waste my time with this, for me it was just another simple teleport point, generators ? needs a lot of marks, why i will lose time joining with content auto scaled (clamp) for unlock this ? that is useless doesn't help me at all everything will be downscaled, style, I already have my own style i don't need to change my character i got only for feats, feats that I don't complete anymore, it's not just to make a small group and run feats, now we just have to do aleatory downscaled boring and tedious missions with frustrating failures and wipes on group by ridiculous and worst bosses mechanics, no thx, let the fanboys whast their times in this dead game, for me, pure its no longer even worth collecting daily login, ridiculous to be forced to play as the developer wants, let the developers play with even less players and fail to learn but keep in mind this crap will receive boytcott and criticism in any new dimensional ink project, it aways happening with lots of developers and publishers who ruin the fun with joke ideas and suffer a massive rage in any new project who are working (a good example Ascent Infinite Realm now called Elion from bluehole or any game from mygames publishers or the massive hatred of the genshin players for not liking the birthday gifts that attacked the game in playstore and the game down from 4.5 stars to less than 2 togetter with another projects in playstores from same developer/publisher who sufering same rage attacks, but keep in this way maybe dimensional ink have lucky.... no... i think no...

p.s. thankfully we have a lots of fun mmo or coop for mobile or pc whereas here I only see a small group of fanboys with their alts trying to make it look likes a popular game when we clearly see it's dead ...
    • Like x 7
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

Because nobody cares. Please stop.
    • Like x 9
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

You think i give a damn if you or someone else doesnt care or what you think about it? It goes both ways
    • Like x 2
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

Well, my posts tend to be about DCUO and get a reasonable amount of likes, while your posts in this thread seem to consist of irrelevant comparisons and self-indulgent screenshots about your activity in games that aren’t DCUO, so it doesn’t go both ways as much as you think.
    • Like x 6
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i want loot locks brought back......
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have not seen this scale of power tipped in my favor at all, in fact my experience is just the opposite. As I stated Friday, Thursday night I ran Throne of the Dead with 2 of my league mates. My CR313 league mate out damaged me by 10mill in output. He didn't even have maxed arts/augments or a high SP. I do. They certainly enjoyed making fun of me about doing better than I did.

And yes, I am still angry my stats where taken away from me. But I can't do anything about that except come to complain which is like going to the gym and hitting a punching bag to take frustrations out on.

Nobody at Daybreak cares what we think, nobody is going to do anything different. It's take it or leave it.

I love this game, I grew up on this game, but I don't know if Daybreak wants customers/players like me anymore.
    • Like x 5
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

i assume this is sarcasm.
    • Like x 2
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

FFXIV screenshot
    • Like x 1
  17. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Dude there are always same people who will justify anything that most people dosnt like becouse thats how this forum work .
    If you dont like something or you dosnt agree with mainstream ( devs narration ) you in the road to get ban at forum becouse of those people .If you dont know who this people are just dont agree few times you gona see same people over and over protecting all devs ideas no matter what . Then cheack 10-20 last post they made and you gona know who you dealing with .My conspiracy theory is half of this people is Mepps but its hard to proof becouse i dont know his ID yet :)
    Otherwise how they would force artifact and pay to win nonsens behind it and now this allys just go and see same people all over the place with same post "i love this idea its awsome" or "i wana have im gona buy it at friday" thats how they sucking yours money !
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it's a trade for loot locks instead of the clamp...sure.
    • Like x 3
  19. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

you would be wrong. considering how many pro clampers are ok with running OW clamped with loot locks then there should be no problem running raids the same way, and might actually see groups form up for something besides fos 3 spam......
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

the trade was "no source marks / no viable loot" for the clamp. I'm still running a pile of alts and who doesn't like Source Marks?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.