Credit Where Credits Due

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hunted2468, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Been a bit of a strange 2 weeks with the game. 2 separate 10hr average downtimes, Threads popping up everywhere about Stat Clamps and Broken Powers. Not a good way to start off a Friday. Instead, as the title states, I wanted to give credit where credits due.

We can, and likely will, spend the rest of 2021 with depressing Threads. So instead I wanted to acknowledge and thank the devs for some recent inclusions that were long requested.

1) A Slimline Chest with Larger Emblem Slot
    Sounds easy but obviously it wasn't. And yet when the Fuginaut Chest released, it barely got a mention on here. After Years of Stalwart Defender being the 1 and only choice, they finally did it. Granted, its slightly smaller than Stalwart's Emblem Slot, but its still major progress for a long requested feature nonetheless.

2) Ability to Colour Materials
    Not exactly new as we've had materials like Void for years. But these only allow 1 Colour. And suddenly we get Shaded Comic Material. Not only does it look great, but its an expansion of whatever system was used to Colour-change Scale Chroma. And an expansion that was made pretty damn quick too. Now (If you get your hands on one) you can colour your characters as you normally would with 3-4 Colours, but now make most styles match textures. If you're unlucky though, keep in mind that this opens a pretty substantial door to future Material options.

3) Two Tone Capes
    Yes, I saw the hubbub on the Forums when this was shown to be this months Fate Reward. I also just don't care about said hubbub. Two Tone Capes have been requested by many, many people in the past. I've played 9yrs and I can clearly remember Two Tone Capes being asked for constantly when I started, the only request beating it at times being the "Green Aura" threads. They may not fit my toons style now, but they may in the future. And even if they don't, i'm just glad the people who waited 10yrs finally got them

4) Omnibus
    Yeah, this'll absolutely be the most divisive one. But I can only speak for myself. I'm really enjoying it. Its made some old content enjoyable again, and the idea that we could one-shot a boss in Raid X and then spend 10 mins battling them in Raid Y made absolutely no sense to begin with. No loot locks, rewarded with Source Marks that have become relevant again, relearning old mechanics and helping new players progress. To me theres no real downside. And yes I get it, some people don't like having to explain mechanics to New Players. If the New Players you're running into are ignorant, I completely understand. If they're not though, it might be worth thinking about how most of you are typing longer complaints on the Forums about it than it would have taken to explain the mechanic once. Just my 2 cents.

5) The House of Legends
    As much as I got used to the Watchtower and Hall of Doom, the House of Legends is just great. Granted its missing a few options/portals etc, but if you think about it for a second its extremely convenient. 1 Teleporter to get almost anywhere. Vendors positioned in one place. Great training room for testing Loadouts that you don't have to spend 5 mins finding. I honestly can't remember the last time I was back in WT/HoD for anything other than the Leaguehalls access, and that says something.

6) Working to keep us occupied/distracted during the start of the Sars-Cov-2 Pandemic
    Speaks for itself really so theres not much to explain. All the bonus weeks. Week after week after week. For some it was exactly what was needed, a break away from the news channel. For others it may have actually been a lifesaver.

So thanks Devs. For everything above and more. Games not perfect and i'm not saying it is, but everything above shows you listen, you try, and you care.

If anyone has anything else they'd want to add, please do
    • Like x 11
  2. Eve YouTuber

I agree with everything you wrote. Sometimes you gotta take a moment to enjoy and appreciate all they do for us.
    • Like x 5
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

Other than the Extra Life stuff, they have done a terrible job this year. All the items you mentioned are buttons and washers. Who cares what size your emblem is when you’re crashing 5 times a day playing ancient content with your stats clamped.
    • Like x 3
  4. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

Uh...no. Besides the (most likely overworked) art team putting out a few desirables, what have they accomplished in the last 10 months? Dividing the community with the Stat Clamp? Putting out broken and buggy content? Lack of communication? Bug fixes taking literal years?
    • Like x 1
  5. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Seriously, I know COVID has affected a lot of people's ability to keep the same tempo and I understand that, but my god this year has been bad for DCUO in my opinion. From the really poor content, to some of the bad decisions with the game's direction, to the bugs and crashes, I can't say that getting larger emblems a few knick-knacks overshadowed those issues for me.

I have to admit that the House of Legends was a positive change and the Art Team has done a great job revitalizing the game in some aspects but that's about it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

As of lately, I've been enjoying the game.
    [IMG]
    To the Developers and Team.
    • Like x 5
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

The game has felt more enjoyable for me lately. Sure, there have been a few low points, but the high points outweighed them (IMO). So much so that I renewed my annual subscription.

Keep up the good work devs.
    • Like x 5