So i have cancelled my membership...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thedemonocus, Nov 20, 2021.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

NO its not 1 of those quitting threads i just decided membership wasn't worth it so instead of keeping it i dropped it and use the money i saved to buy other things in game i want like bases, manors etc. I mostly subbed because of the cash cap and extra bank slots but i just bought extra slots so it has worked out nice for me and i am enjoying the game more then ever these days.

Anyone else do the same thing? Just curious.
    • Like x 3
  2. myandria Item Storage

Well, I have not but I have a friend that plays this game who cancelled her membership as well. It is working out for her as well, as she still has access to all of her in-game money and all episodes. When a membership exclusive is on the horizon, she will subscribe for one month to take advantage of it, then cancel it again. She has told me that this new subscription model is good for her budget, as she can subscribe when she wants to and still enjoy the entire game.
    • Like x 3
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

My subscription is coming due next month (a few weeks… YIKES) so I have a decision to make as well. I am waiting to see what Ep. 42 Legion of Doom brings for end game players before I make my final decision.

I am hoping there will be some love for members. I have absolutely nothing to base this hope on, it just my own hope that Daybreak will be less hostile towards members / end game players.
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Can say ive purchased memebership yet, but it has certainly loosened my [Titans Grip] on the coin-purse. But it does feel really good to feel tempted by my own volition to spend the money to buy this time round. Especially for nth metal scanners.
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

House of Legends was an awesome change to the game, IMO. I love the level scaling, the open episodes, the removal of loot locks, all good things. Those things brought me back to the game after being gone for many years. There were no allies or artifacts (and their insane grinds and costs, especially artifact breakthroughs) in the game back then and those things, along with the fact that loot boxes are still the focus of the vast, vast majority of character customization options (and an ever-growing source of character power via SP) in the game and that severe performance imbalances with the various powersets are being patched with artifact/iconic ability band-aids, will drive me away again. My 90-day sub is up at the end of December and I will not be renewing unless I see a roadmap going forward that addresses those issues.

The gameplay loop is fun but it's not enough. I hope development shifts to address the fundamental flaws with the progression systems. To me, it seems like the team has decided to milk revenue from whales as long as possible to finance their new project rather than investing in this product to ensure it remains relevant for the next 10 years. Promoting and monetizing infinite power creep is not the way to do that.
  6. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

If you're like me (endgame player with max Artifacts, Allies, etc.) and you've maxed out your bank and inventory slots through the years, collected all the vault knick-knacks, etc. there's absolutely no incentive to buy a membership. I have access to all the Episodes (new and old), access to all my cash and no restrictions. So what're the perks left in the membership for someone like me?

For sure it's attractive to a new to mid game player but I really don't see anything in those perks worth forking out 15$ a month (I think that's the price) if you're in a situation like mine. The rewards from the Daily Rewards system are seriously subpar so far and don't warrant that price tag (for me, ofc).

So until something is done to spice up the deal for the more experienced, endgame players, I don't see myself subbing back any time soon. Side note, I really don't understand why there isn't a "streak" feature for the membership, something to increase the rewards for continuously keeping your membership active, that is baffling to me.
    • Like x 4
  7. DirtyZerg New Player

IMO the sub model is what drove off a ton of people back at F2P launch

the changes are good but I can understand why long term/end gamers are dropping the subs, its not very rewarding for people who have done everything

I hope they add more stuff to make subbing worth it for everyone while not punishing people for not subbing like before, also wish they weren't going with the loot box gambling route..I can't imagine 50 whales make up for all the people who won't do the gambling and would rather just buy the material/auras they wanted.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm thinking of pulling the plug on my sub as well.
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

i actually bought a full year sub - saves some money, but I need them replay badges. Two of my alts are Tanks, you will never have enough SP to keep a Tank happy.
    • Like x 1
  10. Achikah All About That Base

The Destiny Tokens have me sticking to my membership. The amount of seals/nth metal I can obtain for my small army of characters on top of the extra loyalty points each month works out for my play style. However, it is nice to know that if things go awry financially or I'm really strapped for a few months, the game is one thing I don't have to worry about.
    • Like x 3
  11. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Subbed for almost all of the 9+ years I've played..not currently subbed..and that will continue until there are some changes
    • Like x 2
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Its your call. I honestly think that works out for the better for DC.

Membership isn't as essential as it was once was and I believe more players have free reign to spend their money as they wish.
    • Like x 2
  13. fm0987 Committed Player

I just subbed during 2x xp for the first time in ages so I could take grim to 200 (first time I’ve ever spent money on arts btw), but can definitely see why people who already have high arts would no longer sub. I mean, that’s pretty much like the main driving factor now, destiny tokens, art xp and ally favor. Kind of a boring subscription model if you ask me. Feel like they need to better incentivize it somehow.
    edit: I did make a new rage toon which I hadn’t played in quite some time, obviously access to all the powers is nice (my main used to be rage but switched)
    • Like x 1
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

as of right now i have no intent on re upping my membership when it expires next year. That money will not be going to dcuo but instead other games id like to get.
  15. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It's unfortunate for those who are not enjoying the new membership, maybe the community could provide ideas to make membership better, because I am certainly enjoying it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Hey What's Up. I'm A New Returning Player I Haven't Logged In Since January Wanted To Come Back & Noticed ALOT Has Changed

Since I've Seen What People Are Sayin About Not Being Subbed Anymore Wantes To Kno If There's Any Real Diffrece.

Also I Want Too Level Up A Old Toon Stuck At 290 & Have Almost No Cash On There Wanted To Kno If You Can Send Money Threw Email Now ??

Any Replies I Appreciate Thanks
  17. thedemonocus Loyal Player

In canada its around $150 a year and around $20 a month i also have my arts and allies maxed like you do.
  18. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I am enjoying the new membership a lot ,it saves me $150 a year cad cause i don't need to sub and lets me buy more stuff from the market
    • Like x 1
  19. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I guess you're referring to the new Premium status? lol, if so ha atleast members still get the replay badges, loyalty points along with extra daily exclusive rewards, and that's enough for me to keep subbing every month.
    • Like x 1
  20. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I dont buy it at all anymore, 120 for a year just isnt worth it when i can grab PS+ for half the price & get different content monthly. I mostly only play dc to have fun and hang w friends anyway nowadays
    • Like x 1