I don't like booster bundles but they released another one

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TalosStark, Nov 18, 2021.

1. TalosStark Level 30

Someone remind me... do items from past Booster Bundles show up later in game? Like from the Quarc vendor?
  2. L T Devoted Player

No.

But variants often do. There was a cosmic material and a cosmic aura. We haven't seen variant color cosmic materials yet, but we've seen lots of flavors of cosmic aura.
  3. Darkwalker Active Player

Really looking forward to the day when predatory lootboxes of all descriptions are outright banned.
    • Like x 5
  4. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Long story short.. GET your MONEY DCUO.. No hate over here, FYI DCUO I don't mind spending 50$ on the eye of the prize within every BB or TC EVERYTIME..

Throw them all on the MP for 50$ each SIMPLE
    • Like x 2
  5. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I was just watching the dev livestream that showcased the Booster Bundle and I had to shut it off. What got me was when Oceans said the Shaded Comic Material was a highly requested item and I immediately thought, " and you put it behind a RNG paywall." If an item is highly requested, shouldn't it be an item you try to get to as many people as possible? I guess "highly requested" means easy money to them, which frankly makes me sick. I mean you just had a charity stream and Christmas, aka the Season of Giving, is just around the corner and you put a highly requested item in a Booster Bundle? I know St. Nick is going to be delivering plenty of coal to DCUO's doorstep.

This is not Ocean's fault (I don't think), the material is magnificent and she should be very proud of it, but the people who decided to put it in a Booster Bundle should be ashamed of themselves. I'm sure when people make requests for materials they didn't add, "also, please make sure the item I'm requesting is put behind a RNG paywall so I'll have little chance to actually get it without paying out the nose for it. Thank you."
    • Like x 8
  6. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I did open a couple and got the rare which is a first 4 me. I have opened every booster bundle and never gotten the rare. But I prefer booster bundles over tc. Atleast its a straight up gamble that doesn't effect my character other then looks. Unlike tc that have skill points that end up costing me hundreds of dollars and billions in game cash cause of skill points. Next to artifacts they are the worst thing the devs ever introduced to the game
  7. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Last month too, that reward was dogs**t. The only good D21 reward was the Fate helm. Something tells me thats all that we're going to see good for a long time. I mean come on....2 tone capes? That could have been put in any number of ep vendors, or they could have put it on the fate vendor for Fate Tokens. Because right now those fate tokens are absolutely useless if you're like me and have everything you want or just everything on that vendor.
    • Like x 6
  8. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

Maybe like some mobile games and gacha games they should add a "pity" to things you know open x amount and then you get to choose the item you want, I remember seeing someone of the forums post about spending $500 dollars trying to get the blk/wht neon when it came out (dont know if the person was telling the truth or not). Also was thinking this is also how the gold sellers stay in business $500 dollars to DCUO or $100 to the gold seller roll the dice of getting banned.
  9. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Funny thing is you have people praising them for making those capes a membership daily reward. Next month we're probably getting a two-tone version of the domino mask.
    • Like x 1
  10. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Keep in mind though, these are the same people that praise the devs for everything they announce. It doesn't matter what the announcement is. Remember Mr. Super Great? Everything the devs announced, he was the first post in the thread, saying "SUPER GREAT!!!!". So I don't listen to anything those people say about how good things are. Unlike them I wait till I see it, then I praise it, if of course its praise worthy.
    • Like x 4
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s almost as if people have different opinions on things, notwithstanding something as subjective as fashion/styles…who knew?

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Let's be honest here, there's a difference between having a different opinion and straight up brown nosing.
    • Like x 2
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Sure, but I think you’re missing the context behind that comment ;)

To be fair…it’s a typed inside joke…but you’d have to go back a long way to get to the original post…how long have you been posting on the forums?
    • Like x 1
  14. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I'm not talking about the styles though, I was talking about the people that praise the devs @ literally everything they announce/do. They were saying how great the stat clamp was before they had any details on it, like how much we would be clamped, what content it would be @, etc. I know people have different opinions on styles.....DUH!!!!! I'm just sick of the people that praise anything the devs do, before they have any details on the thing.
    • Like x 1
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

They really need to add something useful to the Fate vendor or let us trade them in for Destiny tokens.
    • Like x 2
  16. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Explain the context.
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think we’re all subject to biases…recognizing our own and tempering our responses can do wonders for social interaction :)

If something is making you sick…maybe it’s time to stop doing that thing, at least for a little time…
    • Like x 2
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

ChillCat would post this is response to just about every update. “SUPER GREAT!!!” became kind of a living meme on here since then. Some people would try to post it before he could, being playful. Yes, it was a sign of approval, but kind of became its own thing in my opinion at least…well that’s my perspective on it at least. :)

This may be an early mention of it back from 2018:

DEVS CAN WE HAVE NOW THAT PS3 IS DROPING
    • Like x 4
  19. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Ah ok, understood. Thanks for the info, my bad if I misunderstood initially.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

Presenting the Cosmic Booster Bundle of December 2020 and the Nebula Booster Bundle of July 2021. I think both of those qualify as Variants of the original Cosmic Material for most purposes. But as far as a reintroduction of the original Cosmic Material...that's a no.
    • Like x 2