What Ever Happened To Teamwork?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beat, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Beat Active Player

This morning I think I had the best experience in an alert in a very long time. Was a GREAT run.

It was 1 Controller and the rest of us were DPS.
    It's like we were all telepathically connected, if one teammate got struck by an Add even one time, we all would immediately help and turn back or vise versa.
    I remember one time (especially since I'm acrobatic speced) a group of adds caught me fast and my teammates saw and came to the rescue, I was in critical health by the end but not a single down.

We were all on the same page 100%.

We all knew when necessary to skip and when to help each other catch up.
    Welp. Just wanted to share that small experience, Best.Team.Ever

Now I'm back off to players being abandoned or rushing past adds with no concern of their TEAMMATES, and pure disharmony. Was fun while it lasted.
    • Like x 6
  2. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

I think this description is extremely relevant; https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PuG

People seem to forget what pug groups are. To avoid the lack of teamwork, form pre-made groups. When you pug, you willingly put yourself in a position where you're at the mercy of whoever joins.

Your experience will vary by a lot in pug groups but it's easily avoidable.
    • Like x 5
  3. Beat Active Player

Very true.

But also, I don't care if it's a pug, league run, or pre-made group.
    Imo, all teammates should assist each other since obviously one down can lead to 2, then next thing you know..your wiping

Even if you don't risk wiping, it still should be common sense-

"Hey, jack back there is getting destroyed by a mob...maybe I should... go help him out."

OR

"Okay 3 of the team skipped over these adds, maybe I should too"
    Just my 1 cent.
    • Like x 5
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Hope you added them to your friend list because that is something quite hard to come by these days, I wouldn't give up though on PUGs since it's like a Rng itself with players lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

A controller can go a long way if they are built with the right number of stats.
  6. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

When doing dailies with others, I just ask "skip adds?" in group chat and go from there. I'm fine either way but it at least established a baseline for expectations in whatever we're doing.
    • Like x 4
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Was that in TD? Because I ran 3 dps, 1 troll on that run, and everybody was watching everybody, I was thinking, 'hory sheet, must've had their wheaties this morning lol.'
  8. Controller Devoted Player

If you're talking TD, some instances are like this

[IMG]

and then some are like this

[IMG]
  9. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

Exactly the same thing happened to me once with the controller, (I suppose that keeping the power bar constantly full makes everyone happy xD and that it does not happen badly)

It seems that the controller has the strange potential to unite the members of the group ... Or that they concentrate on their thing with their power bar full, well the controller that I played was the best I saw, never again ...

In these last months I think that all of us, well at least me, are individually prepared and not expecting something group that really helps us, as it could have been in the past, because I am sure that when I enter the raid, I may find myself with some kind of disaster or deficiency, A group without a tank, without a healer, without both, only DPS, and more ...

More with the current tank shortages, it's not an ideal environment to make a great team, right? I do not think it is. One can be cool and pleasant of course, but if you say right away; I do not like the group, bye, and so on, they throw in the towel so easily, it is not easy to work as a team, that is why I see that from Casa de Layendas, it is already played with a more solitary mentality, due to the poor balance of roles What is there ...

THE LEGEND tells that Before an ideal team, there was a Tank, a Healer, a Troll and DPS, Hahahaha How many times has it happened to me in Saving the Universe that you have to deal with 2 Healers, No Troll, Ninun Tank , or with only DPS, a fake tank, and so on ...

This could be fixed, if there was an option to for example not form a Group unless there are "X" roles available; like Tank or Healer, in other instances Troll, Healer, and more.

Another option that I have thought a lot about and I particularly love, is that you can get in line to donate the service of your Specific role, when a function in some other group is not available, as a separate list of players who will enter to do his thing in any instance, raid that is necessary.
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Really depends on if Jack brought that on himself. Some people can pick up social cues and follow along, some people require being told what not to do...but some people have to just put their hand on that burner to find out the hard way.
    • Like x 2
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

For me it seems as every time I run the Larfleeze alert I'm always in with a group of noobs. Thankfully it's not a difficult alert.
  12. myandria Item Storage

"The hardest heads have the softest backsides," to put it nicely..:D
    • Like x 2