Save The Universe Returns!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I do turn it off from time to time, and even when it's 'up' I keep it pretty low or have music on....but I still KNOW it's there...and it's in my head forever.
    • Like x 1
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

Personally I'd like to see them for alerts and raids as well but I suspect the concern is that they'd lead to strife and subsequent kicks if some didn't agree to skip. To be clear I'm not sure that's a good enough reason but I figure it's a concern.
  3. Mister Hando Active Player

Thanks. :)
    After this one, could we have Joker, Circé or Luthor ?
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See I imagine it in reverse. We get a tick for the fact the cut has been viewed already. Like the Batscape duo you can't hit the cogs to skip if you have not finished the duo at least one time (meaning you'd likely watched the cuts 1 time too). So once that tick is on your toon and it knows you've finished at least once, if all members have the tick, I'd like to see a button for 'watch cutscene' vs 'skip'. And if no one pushes the button and everyone has the tick...no cutscenes. if one member hits it or doesn't have the tick...well everyone gets to watch it. Eventually, everyone should have the tick...and if they don't hit the button...go time. I realize this could lead to people rushing into a room to start the fight just to make sure someone CAN'T hit the button for the cut, but if they really want to watch it again, they can watch it again next time they run it I suppose. Lesser of 2 evils I guess. Either all 8 have to watch a cut they don't want or need (today) or MAYBE 1 person doesn't get to watch it when they want.

Or maybe a setting per toon in GUI for 'watch repeat cutscenes'. Unckecked by default, but if someone really really wants to watch them all, they can set the check to watch past that 1st mandatory time.
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Not bad idea, definitely need a slightly different mechanic though. Something anonymous, not unlike voting, might be effective.
    • Like x 3
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but I'm not sure I want to have a vote delay either. If it's a 1 min timeout, that's as long as some cuts run anyway...in that case, better to just leave it as is and endure the cuts.

Solos 100% though. Make them optional or default off after a first viewing.
    • Like x 3
  7. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I really like the UI setting idea. Set it and forget it!
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Correct - but like a seasonal, until STU returns.
    • Like x 2
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Curious, upon return, will the gear still be the same item level/CR, or scale upward? (Not the gloves)
    • Like x 2
  10. Telnano Active Player

More STU would be nice, GL and Flash classics btw
  11. Bebbesignorii New Player

Once the STU event is over, will it still be possible to complete farm feats using normal content? Or will the counting start again witch the return of the event? 250 to farm are many in such a short time..
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Feats will not increment until STU returns.
    • Like x 1
  13. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

They're both possible. When the HBO GL Series launches and when the Flash Movie releases. STU is gonna be linked to DC Movie/TV releases from here on out according to the last Dev description we got. The next possible one could be March 2022.