Pet Build Question...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Whodini, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Whodini Well-Known Player

Sorcery pet build with Trans, Shard, Grim and Aquaman passive.

Been thinking about switching Trans to Scepter to cut the cooldown for my trinket pet. Anyone compared the two?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Personally, I would go for Quislet over Trans and Scepter.
    • Like x 2
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I would go quislet over grim, because shard only buffs 3 pets. So I would use a T3 pet trinket, like Mother Box.
    • Like x 1
  6. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Aquaman's passive is only useful if you take damage so if I were you I'd take out grim and use amulet instead so you consistently take damage to trigger that buff.
  7. Whodini Well-Known Player

So obviously I'll need a supercharge if I use quislet, not a fan of any of sorcery's supercharges. Is NVB the best choice?
  8. Whodini Well-Known Player

1. Grim, Quislet, Shard gives me the max 3 pets at all times (with shard at 200)

2. Shard, Amulet, Quislet loses a pet but will proc the aquaman buff consistently

Anymore ideas?
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Grim's damage isn't that great, even shard boosted. It's really useful to remove the power reduction from pets, but it would need to be at 200 for that.

I don't like using Amulet, tbh. It's way riskier than necessary, but if you did your second option, definite get a T3 pet trinket to make up for the 3rd pet.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I personally don’t like the amulet, shard, quislet combo. Shard already makes your loadout limited as is. If you use that combo you would need a sc for quislet, fury, offering, and the shard ability. If you use the amulet you will need another slot for your finisher. This means you only have 1 slot left for a “rotation”. But by doing this you end up not having a way to set up your PI for fury either.
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

My main has been a sorcery pet build for as long as it's been a thing. I've tried every loadout and artifact combo possible. Wasn't a fan of amulet. I'm source/ grim/ quislet and the ST is fantastic. 1st column, pretty good. But I'm not superspeed and I'm lazy.

Aoe, I use 3 boos and a buff trinket to keep cr up. Use godwave, offering, fury, soul bolt, shard, and the super generator. If you're feeling thirsty, swap baleful in for the generator. Come up to a group of adds, hit your buff trinket, pop godwave, feed fury for the buff even of hes full power already and hit the generator 1st to get pi. That let's fury hit hard. Then call out boos. Spam soul bolt and hit shard when you can and always hit godwave off CD and feed fury after so he doesn't hit before the buff is applied.

St, same except soul bolt becomes vengeance and shard is final ruin. Use polymorph for a super. Boss fight, if tac swapping, leave shard in and swap grim for dead kings and quislet for philosophers. Drop those and then swap back or armory swap. Next is what you'd do with or without tac swapping. Drop those 1st either way. Then hit vengeance once, weapon tap for blast adaptor and to call out grim and quislet. Then pop cola, pop gw, hit super, feed fury. Quislet will hit for his big attack. And then you just spam vengeance and final ruin for awhile.

Eog tac swap doesn't work out well but can help if you're grouped up. Amulet is probably like master level dps'n with a pet build. I'm sure it works but it's hard enough to stay alive sometimes. And I do use aquamans passive. I don't know why everyone thinks a damage trigger means it's never working. It's always working for me. I can't think of a single fight where I'm not taking some form of damage.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Also, you don't have to be sorcery to use the pet build. Have a couple of friends using it with great 1st column results and much closer results to my st than they were before with the usual trans/ strat meta. Munitions, rage (battle tank eog spam berserk melee build is still better), electric, water, and celestial so far. For electric, it makes grims pi useful.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Let builds are in general good. They may not be the top tier best of the best meta builds, but they will normally be competitive because of how simple they are. For earth and sorcery you have 4 default abilities with shard, grim, quislet.

Pet, pet feeder (offering/fortify), godwave, and a sc. and with these abilities you’ll be pretty much spamming godwave and the feeder off cooldown. So with the last 2 slots you’ll have a 1 second spam ability and a stronger ability to weave between the spam ability. With earth you can even use jackhammer for melee spams with a stronger ability instead of a spam ability.

For other powers you have 3 set abilities in RSK, a sc, and godwave. Leaving 3 slots open.

Channel powers can have 1-2 channels and a spam ability. For example, munition could have chain gun, rail gun, and an ability to bridge the gap. Fire can have fire burst, wildfire, and a spam ability. Ice with frostblast/avalanche, ice Boulder, snowball, etc.

Even combo powers can utilize it like atomic. Neutron bomb, aura shortcut, and a spam ability.

And everything else can just use three 3 second cooldown powers and rotate between all 3 abilities.

Having this artifact setup smooths out much of the rotations into something more simple for players. So even players who struggle with more complex loadouts can stay competitive.
    • Like x 1
  14. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I can't seem to get the Shard, Grim, and Quis to be competitive with my Trans, Strat, and Grim for Electric Prec. The only thing that has any success is staying in melee range to let whirling dervish hit, proccing Quislet's stronger attack. At the moment, it's mostly a just for fun thing.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It won’t do as much damage as electrics trans set up. Circuit breaker doesn’t buff pets which is where pet builds start to fall off. Pet can’t get any buffs so players who are fully specced towards pets won’t gain as much benefits from buffs. This includes colas/season buffs/omegas/sc buffs/supply drops/troll buffs/etc.

For electric a pet build would look something like:

Arc, wired, electrostatic bomb, godwave, RSK, circuit breaker

The good thing about pet build and electric is that if you have quislet at 200 you will gain sc slightly faster due to the quislet passive. After that, you rely on rng for your abilities to reset godwave faster. A pet build might not be top tier damage. But it won’t do terrible damage

Another benefit that pets build have over regular might builds is something that prec has over might as well. And that is that you don’t need multiple artifacts. You can use the same 3 artifacts for AoE and ST. And if you want to switch between might and prec you can use those 3 as well.